It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Any proof in David Adairs pudding or just Lazarian fluff?

I used Adair as a starting point and went on from there.

Seems to me that the people who know the truth are always going to be subject to ridicule . I personally don't think that Adair is a fraud , where as Bob Lazar definately is .

Try to keep an open mind , my friend . It helps

Regards.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
I don't see any skeptics providing proof for their reasons and beliefs. The skeptics will only attack you because your beliefs are different to theirs. A bit like religious crack pots!

I beg to differ with this thread of mine here which shows what my belief system is and why scepticism is the only thing which allows for me to let the possibility of ET into observations I'f otherwise believe here explainable in a much more mundane fashion.

-m0r

link   
reply to post by tpg65

You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I'm sorry for the lack of info in my OP , folks , but why risk being pulled apart by trolls and debunkers?

I did my research and it changed my mind and more importantly , from now on , my life and the way I see things .

Peace

No need to apologise.

Your beliefs and the reasons behind them are your business.

I don't see any skeptics providing proof for their reasons and beliefs. The skeptics will only attack you because your beliefs are different to theirs. A bit like religious crack pots!

Thank you .
I knew starting this thread would open me up for scorn and ridicule

Those who believe will understand and those who want to believe , will learn

Regards

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by tpg65

You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Thank you.
Life looks great from this side of the fence

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I can tell by your language, appeal-to-spite bogeymen, phantom evidence, so forth, that you were never a skeptic or a fence-sitter.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Hello and welcome to our side.

Sceptisism is very,very important in the alien/UFO research,especially with all the hoaxers around here(by here i mean internet).
We are all very curious as what has changed your mind on the subject,but you will propably tell us when you feel ready.
Don't pay attention to the trolls.Ignore them or use your alert button and the mods will take care of them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

I beg to differ with this thread of mine here which shows what my belief system is and why scepticism is the only thing which allows for me to let the possibility of ET into observations I'f otherwise believe here explainable in a much more mundane fashion.

-m0r

Hi,

I've read your thread and believe it or not, I gave you a S+F because it was interesting.

You have your beliefs, opinions and reasons for being a skeptic, rightly or wrongly. I don't agree with you but I will respect your beliefs and opinions. I believe there is alien life out there and I agree with you that not every UFO is of alien origin, however the fact that not every UFO can be explained and the fact there have been numerous government lies and cover ups makes me more of a believer than a skeptic.

I believe the OP rightly started this thread and like you with yours, was being honest and open.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well i'm watching David Adair on youtube just now to get the lowdown, Area 51 informer, never heard of him! he created his own fusion engine rocket and it would seem he ended up beneath one of Area 51's hangars to help figure out a fusion type engine that came from up above...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
reply to post by tpg65

I can tell by your language, appeal-to-spite bogeymen, phantom evidence, so forth, that you were never a skeptic or a fence-sitter.

Can you prove your statement?

Or are you just attacking because he or she does not share the same beliefs as you?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just a quick word on DISCLOSURE.

TPTB will never be forced into disclosing anything .
They hold all the cards. They have the rest of world living under their bullying regime. They can get away with murder. They can discredit anybody who tries to force their hand.
The technologies that they control will ensure their survival and that will prolong any hopes of ever getting to the real truth.

Things are going to remain this way for a very long time , I'm afraid .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's funny. You accuse skeptics of accusing of attacking people for differing beliefs, then turn around and bash skeptics. How ironic and hypocritical of you.

Skeptics provide cogent arguments for their beliefs in every single thread on this forum. The problem is believers like you are too closed-minded to even acknowledge it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

I don't believe in this case that I need to provide any evidence or proof .
There is a world of info out there . Go and sample some of it for yourself .

Peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by October

He seems credible enough to me .
What are your thoughts ?

Regards

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I believe the OP rightly started this thread and like you with yours, was being honest and open.

Thanks for the S+F, I've given one by way of appreciation in return (as well as your well reasoned response).

Within my thread I was asking the community, particularly those who fall into the 'believer' camp what their sceptical side told them when confronted with stories of UFOs and Aliens. Gathering data and hopefully striking a chord of critical thinking for everyone.

This particular thread is more like a "coming out" party, thus far there has been no evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, to substantiate why a self professed sceptic would change to a self confessed believer.

I genuinely am happy for the OP as a leap of faith sounds like a great thing to have within oneself but without any information to allow others to have the same alterations it is just hot air within this particular subsection of ATS.

I hope you understand that I'm more about the categorical settings of this thread and not against it's existence overall. There are sticked threads about civility, rules and other elements within each subsection which are meant to prevent threads like this from existing. Whilst some may call my following of these rules 'trolling' I did not create them as I would have (in the past) created a "I like Hot dogs, still a sceptic" thread by way of reproach.

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's funny. You accuse skeptics of accusing of attacking people for differing beliefs, then turn around and bash skeptics. How ironic and hypocritical of you.

Skeptics provide cogent arguments for their beliefs in every single thread on this forum. The problem is believers like you are too closed-minded to even acknowledge it.

We've been through this before haven't we?

I never 'bashed' any skeptics as you so eloquently put it. But you did accuse the OP of being a liar because you are skeptic.

Look through this thread and see what 'cogent' arguments have been provided by skeptics (including yourself).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
You’re a boring human being if you think aliens don’t exist, open your mind people, just think to yourselves "what if"

WHAT IF we have been visited
WHAT IF aliens live on earth
WHAT IF aliens are looking at you now,

Just open your mind and think 'What If'

Rant over

Peace

I have often thought this. These are the different types of aliens who colonized earth.
Rather these are their great great great....etc etc grandkids.

Shout out if I forgot you here!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Wow . You really need to find some inner peace , dude .

This is a discussion and you are bringing nothing but scorn to the table .

Go in peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just finished reading about the 'Colares' case, a rather unheard of and over looked occurance that happened back in the 70's in Brazil. So many witnesses including the Brazilian airforce that it has to be true. Disclosure must happen soon and well done the 1st Government to admit it and come clean.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join