It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Kali74
You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

And only a troll thinks that someones opinions should come with a certificate of authenticity. We're talking about the OP's own opinion and feelings here. He's not trying to change anyones elses opinions just stating what he feels himself right now. When your wife or girlfirend says I love you do you respond with "prove it" If you do I would reckon your single. LOL.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok to pull this thread back to its original theme.

I am a definate fence sitter. No one wants to believe more than me expect for maybe Fox Moulder. LOL.

I read accounts from high up military and aerospace personell and I get very excited about the possibilities. Then I read on an exopolotics site that some carny man is channelling ET and I think Shut the Front Door.
I see photos from the days before CGI where the only photoshopping was double exposure and that is so easy to detect that what remains must be ligitimate. I see representations of what could be UFO's in rennisance paintings before anything but the birds flew in the air and I am intrigued to say the least. Man has been blessed with a thought form unlike any other lifeforms on our planet. We can imagine.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by Dastardly666
Okay. How about skeptics claiming there has never been alien contact with humans? Or there never will be alien contact with humans.

Again, sceptics would never claim there has never been alien contact with humans, in the past, currently or in the future - they just wouldn't accept it as fact without scrutinising it first, and even then it is always open to change if better facts are provided or discovered.

Let's have a humour break to dispel tensions regarding the word sceptic/skeptic"

-m0r

Inconcievable !
second

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Do you really believe that you have donated anything constructive to the argument ? Basically what you're telling us is that you had a kind of 'Road to Damascus' moment. Subsequently you're agnosticism has been replaced by an implacable knowing ! I'm sorry my friend but your epistemology has more of an appearance of a tenet of faith. If you have discovered something new then expound upon it. Don't smugly sit back announcing, "Well I know for sure, so there !" This is one of the most important issues that will ever confront mankind. So, if you have new information, or have collated available evidence in such a way that justifies a paradigm shift for you; a self confessed 'fence sitter' then in a spirit of free enquiry publish ! We're in an arena of ideas here. Without recourse to objective review I'm afraid that your conclusive argument is mere opinion; and if you remember the old saying about opinions (like the business end of our voiding apparatus) everyone has one !

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
And only a troll thinks that someones opinions should come with a certificate of authenticity. We're talking about the OP's own opinion and feelings here. He's not trying to change anyones elses opinions just stating what he feels himself right now. When your wife or girlfirend says I love you do you respond with "prove it" If you do I would reckon your single. LOL.

I wouldn't mind if the OP was trying to sway people with some facts about why he had this sudden epiphany. At least then this thread's original post would at least be meaningful to the rest of us.

As it is, the OP of this thread only tells us that tpg65 now believes in alien visitation. I mean, why is he telling us this if he isn't going to give us the reason for his 180 degree change-of-heart?

edit on 5/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I wouldn't mind if the OP was trying to sway people with some facts about why he had this sudden epiphany. At least then, this thread's original post would at least be meaningful to the rest of us.

As it is, the OP of this thread only tells us that tpg65 now believes in alien visitation. I mean, why is he telling us this if he isn't going to give us the reason for his 180 degree change-of-heart?

The only people complaining about this thread are the skeptics. If the OP had said he was a believer and became a skeptic, he would have received praise by the same people who attacked him.

No matter what the OP believes in, he did not deserve the attacks and belittling by some members.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The only people complaining about this thread are the skeptics. If the OP had said he was a believer and became a skeptic, he would have received praise by the same people who attacked him.

No matter what the OP believes in, he did not deserve the attacks and belittling by some members.

Dastardly, I cant speak for the REST of the people here, but I know for certain you're wrong about me. In fact I think I HAVE been on the other side of this discussion before and have said precisely the same thing (although that may have been years ago).

But if he said:

I used to be a believer.
Now I'm a skeptic.
I have 100% proof of why, but I'm not telling you.

My personal reaction would have been the same.... simply this "Why the hell are you here then? To tell us something else we DONT know? What made you become a skeptic??"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I brought this same point up in a question directed to you back on page 13. I'll repeat that post here.
In that post I asked you:

Dastardly666 --

What if the OP would have said in that first post...

Today has been an epiphany. After years of sitting on the fence , I now believe 100% that we are NOT being visited by Alien races.
I also now believe that TPTB in the U.S. have NEVER hidden any information from us, and they have no knowledge whatsoever of aliens or alien craft.

Disclosure will never come in our lifetime, because for disclosure to come from tptb, there would need to be aliens to disclose in the first place -- so that is never going to happen.

I'm not going to share how I have reached my conclusions, because I believe that each one of us must seek the truth for ourselves .
All I will say is , good luck with your search.

Once you have seen the truth, everything else falls into place

...would you not have requested that the OP explain how he knows what he knows? Would you just accept his word that he has a specific reason to know for a fact that there is no such thing as alien visitation, or would you want to ask him to reveal that specific information to back up his claims? Wouldn't you ask him "Why are you telling us this...what's your point?"

I know I would have.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Dastardly, I cant speak for the REST of the people here, but I know for certain you're wrong about me. In fact I think I HAVE been on the other side of this discussion before and have said precisely the same thing (although that may have been years ago).

But if he said:

I used to be a believer.
Now I'm a skeptic.
I have 100% proof of why, but I'm not telling you.

My personal reaction would have been the same.... simply this "Why the hell are you here then? To tell us something else we DONT know? What made you become a skeptic??"

Hi alphabetaone,

The OP posted the following on page 1 :-

'I'm sorry for the lack of info in my OP , folks , but why risk being pulled apart by trolls and debunkers?

I did my research and it changed my mind and more importantly , from now on , my life and the way I see things .

Peace'

He gave a valid reason for not giving his reasons. He also mentioned what research he done on page 1.

We've had our disagreements on this thread but that doesn't mean I will always disagree with you. I'm sure there are things we will agree on. Peace.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent,

Please see my reply to alphabetaone, which shows the OP explaining on page 1 why he did not give his reasons.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent,

Please see my reply to alphabetaone, which shows the OP explaining on page 1 why he did not give his reasons.

Personally, I don't think that "refer to David Adair" is a very meaningful post.

Basically the OP said:
"I believe in Alien visitation, but I won't tell you why"

...which is fine, and there's nothing wrong with saying that. HOWEVER, it's not worthy of its own thread.

Again, going back to the "what if the tables were turned" argument, if someone started a thread saying "I don't believe in alien visitation of Earth, and I won't tell you why, but begin with Philip J. Klass", I would ask that person to give us a better and more specific reason for making his opening statement, or else his thread would be meaningless.

I mean, in the case of my hypothetical thread, should we guess what the OP thinks about Philip J. Klass? In the case of this particular thread by tpg65, are we to guess why he thinks David Adair is meaningful? If he isn't going to tell us, then why even bring it up in the first place?

There are plenty of people who believe in alien visitation. What is the reason that his specific belief is worthy of its own thread?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

Right, I understand that. And all the while I DID know what you were trying to say.

But like Soylent green mentioned just above, that there is nothing wrong at all with making that proclamation, it simply isn't worthy of an entire thread. My view is somewhat like this:

Guess what? I LOVE neoprene soles!
But I'm not going to tell you why because it would generate too many questions.
The end.

Well, the first response from ANYONE is going to be, "that's great, happy for you, but why you telling me?"

It feels as though one should GOAD the reader into actually trying to worm the information out of them and, unless you're a dentist, pulling teeth has little reward.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Soylent and alphabetaone,

You both say this was not worthy of a thread however we are now on page 19 and it's been flagged 32 times. And the mods did not close it down.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I wouldn't mind if the OP was trying to sway people with some facts about why he had this sudden epiphany. At least then this thread's original post would at least be meaningful to the rest of us.

To be quite fair I think that going from sitting on the fence to jumping down on the believers side is only a 90 degree turn around. If the OP had stated that he was a skeptic and is now a believer that be 180 or would that be 360? Or would 360 bring you right back where you started??? . Alright I am getting dizzy now LOL.
I too would like to know what recent events have swayed him to his side of the fence. As I said, no one wants to believe more than me but although some presented evidence is interesting and thought provoking most of it is not entirly convincing. Maybe I am one of those "i'll have to see it myself" kind of people.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

...I mean, why is he telling us this if he isn't going to give us the reason for his 180 degree change-of-heart?...

To be quite fair I think that going from sitting on the fence to jumping down on the believers side is only a 90 degree turn around. If the OP had stated that he was a skeptic and is now a believer that be 180 or would that be 360? Or would 360 bring you right back where you started??? . Alright I am getting dizzy now LOL...

Ha ha! What's funny is that I gave that same consideration to my wording that you did when I wrote that part.

edit on 5/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

...I mean, why is he telling us this if he isn't going to give us the reason for his 180 degree change-of-heart?...

To be quite fair I think that going from sitting on the fence to jumping down on the believers side is only a 90 degree turn around. If the OP had stated that he was a skeptic and is now a believer that be 180 or would that be 360? Or would 360 bring you right back where you started??? . Alright I am getting dizzy now LOL...

Ha ha! What's funny is that I gave that same consideration to my wording that you did when I wrote that part.

edit on 5/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Has to be one of those brilliant minds thinking alike moments huh?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I dont know the details of what made you go from skeptic to a believer .. and it dosnt matter why ..

what matters is how you feel... If you are at ease with your thoughts.. I can't say I was ever a skeptic ever even as a child.. I am doubtful about certain things because Hoax's do exsist..

What is a believer IMO a believr is a person who feels a sureness a gut feeling that something is true dispite who says it's not ..

IMO, If I was a skeptic I would not go to the end of road trying to argue my point you believe what you believe so debate it and if you come to the point no one is budging , skip the ignorance of trying to belittle each other cause it' may be annoying to others ..

IMO, Say what you think believer or not believer but skip the sly remarks or name calling .. and if the believers are debunked and it lands in the Hoax bin ..Oh well you have to realize not everyone will accept your mind set,, so just move on.

Healthy debates are good get your info together do your research and then bring it out ..
I dont mind a healthy disscussion but I really try my best to refrain from being outlandish.. I have changed alotI use to fly off the handle so im no angel ..

Just the other day in chat I was upset about a flag thing that was brought up in ATS live show .. It ticked me off but hey there ya go I made my statement about how I felt got it off my chest and if it turned out to a arguement I would of went silent....

I was once told ..

.Never Feed The Fire ..

well now that you are a believer ..

>>>>>> tpg65

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Frankly, only a child would take David Adair seriously.

His story is incredibly stupid and full of fantastic nonsense.

If he can make a nuclear engine, blah, blah, then why doesn't he ?

He is nothing but another in a long, long, line of charlatans and
with the credulous generation of info idiots there will be many
more to come in the near future.

UFOs could be anything but Adair's fantasy tale is not even worth
the toilet paper it would take to wipe it off.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You are wise with well chosen words. I believe, and I know you do too. Im just sitting back and watching the parade. I am living within my dream.
edit on 16-5-2011 by DarkCyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thank you very much Newcovenant!
Peace,
Marrriah

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join