It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

I don't think 'alphabetone' ever made a claim, so there is nothing for him to back up.

The OP, on the other hand, states that he had a huge revelation that totally changed his views on alien visitation -- but he won't tell us what that huge revelation was. I mean, what's the point of telling us about this revelation then? The OP's post is basically made his post absolutely meaningless by deciding to refuse to tell us what it was that made him change his mind.

He may as well have started a thread called "I believe in alien visitation" with a single-line opening post that read "I believe in alien visitation" (well, that's basically all he did).

edit on 5/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Why wouldn't they? Faced with advanced beings with unknown technology and an unknown agenda...panic seems like a pretty viable option...based on our own history of what happens when an advanced people meets a more primitive one.

Personally, I'm STILL a skeptic, even though I'm what folks would term a "believer".

I've seen enough evidence to convince me that:
1) Alien beings exist.
2) Alien beings have visited us.
3) Our government has recovered alien craft and this has led to some advances.

Beyond that though, I don't have enough evidence (to me) to deduce anything more about the phenomenon. I don't think we've made our own spacecrafts capable of interstellar travel. If we did, we wouldn't be fooling around with all the things we do with NASA. I can't fathom all that for just a cover.

I have to assume that we are still unable to crack the tech barrier where we can duplicate their tech, or some of it would have eventually ended up in the military and then in the private sector over the years.

For me, the bigger question is their agenda. All we can do, is use our own motivations as a benchmark, and then examine the facts as they are from the cases.

They haven't taken us over yet, so that seems an unlikely agenda.
They haven't destroyed us yet, so that too is unlikely.
They've only abducted a relative handful of people, so mass abduction seems unlikely.
They haven't helped us, so that too seems unlikely (sorry new agers).
They've had plenty of time to study us, so that too is unlikely.

So, they don't want to take over, help, or study us. What's left?

The only thing I can think of is containment. They just want us to be contained and not spread further until perhaps they think we are ready.

Protection is another possibility. Perhaps there are others out there intending harm, and they are simply forming a barrier. Who knows? Of course, if they wanted to protect us, they'd probably help us more too (and they haven't apparently).

So, I'm back at containment as the agenda.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Well, I personally believe it has to do with our society being a faith based culture. Sheeple are trained to do what's right based on your culture. If you were to remove that aspect, there will be violence.

However, we are not evolved because of our culture. Humans are animals that have innate traits. People that truly enjoy helping others do so because they enjoy it. It makes them feel good. They don't do it for societal gains. And likewise, those that hurt others do so for the same reason. It's your culture that shapes you.

You want to test this? Go tell someone that you disagree with something that you know they truly agree with and see what happens. Most often, your conversation will turn argumentative.
edit on 10-5-2011 by thestillborn1 because: typos...........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Dastardly666

I don't think 'alphabetone' ever made a claim, so there is nothing for him to back up.

The OP, on the other hand, states that he had a huge revelation that totally changed his views on alien visitation -- but he won't tell us what that huge revelation was. I mean, what's the point of telling us about this revelation then? The OP's post is basically made his post meaningless by deciding not to refuse to tell us what it was that made him change his mind.

Soylent,

Alphabetaone asked the OP on page 13 to back up his reasons to why he became a 'believer'. The OP does not have to. Alphabetaone has demanded answers from me and the OP yet when I ask him, he says he doesn't have to. Thats fine but what gives him the right to attack and belittle? Double standards?

He also claimed I would not debate with him and that my English was poor. Well he didn't do very well in this debate and made grammar mistakes himself. I respect his views but he must respect views which are different to his.

Another problem with some members on ATS is their selective or short memory. This thread has many good examples.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

While agree with most of your dialogue, I think they are perhaps protecting themselves. Our society is destined for failure! I believe they may have progressed past the point of failure and will not assist. They may simply help us along, as they've done in the past, but not save us.

Remember the Prime Directive?

Inserted for comic relief.........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
...Alphabetaone asked the OP on page 13 to back up his reasons to why he became a 'believer'. The OP does not have to. Alphabetaone has demanded answers from me and the OP yet when I ask him, he says he doesn't have to. Thats fine but what gives him the right to attack and belittle? Double standards?..

Then what's the point of the OP starting this thread at all? Should every alien visitation believer start a thread using basically a one line opening post that says "I believe in alien visitation"? Heck, for that matter, should every non-believer start a new thread using a one-line post that says "There are no aliens visiting us, period." ??

I realize the OP didn't actually only use a one-line post like that, but he may as well have. What is the point of the OP telling us that he has information that changed his mind completely about alien visitation if he refuses to tell us what that information is?

If he didn't want to tell us this life-changing information, then don't start the thread.

edit on 5/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aprch
Completely agree, once I started researching about all this stuff, everything seemed more fitting, everywhere, made sense.

Thats exactly what happened to me about a couple of years ago. Is like all of a sudden things made sense...then again, I have heard the same from people who discovers and follows blindly a religion *sigh*.

But it is so hard not to listen to common sense. The clues are all over, suspended and locked...we just need a key.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

i think you should just tell me.................i have no plausible reason for making this request......except i want to know more than i already do

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS

Simple. Civility and Decorum people. Debate the posts and NOT the posters. If you can't do that, then don't post.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
Do want me to remind you of your first post to the OP when you suggested he was lying? What do you call that? An attack on his integrity? Or did you belittle him?

We've been over this already. I did not suggest he was lying. I said he was wrong. There is a difference.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yep Let's give that a try and see what happens.

I will call it an Experiment in anthropology behaviour.

LOLS

Edit forgot to tell you I gave a Star for common sense
edit on 10-5-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic and after reading on a few posts I'm still a skeptic with a little more armor, sorry I couldn't read more, just got to repetitive and boring.
I did check out David Adair and concluded he is in a happy place in his mind. Kind of like Forest Gump, been and met everyone worth anything.

For some strange reason I do listen to all the stories, but I also like sci fi movies too. I just don't separate them at this time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Yep Let's give that a try and see what happens.

I will call it an Experiment in anthropology behaviour.

I think that is an extraordinarily bad idea; it will lead to the same bickering and ill behavior we have seen in this thread. Why spread it to others?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe that we are alone here. Why would a advanced race come to monitor us. Why is every video of a ufo so far away or blury that u can bairly reconize it. Why don't they invaid us like on Battly: LA or Skyline. If they come here from fast distances, then they would have superior fire power and technology. I believe as well, this solor system we live in, we were lucky to be alive. the right place and the right time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i97.photobucket.com...
This is a picture taken last night at around 1:30 a.m. It was taken from a small town known as Aromas in California. There are 4 unexplained lights above the moon. Tell me what you think. Im sorry to post it on here, but I wasn't able to create a thread because I wasn't a member, and since I saw this post yesterday, I thought I'd show you :O The picture was taken by one of my friends.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by tpg65

Disclosure will come because it is a runaway train that TPTB can no longer stop.

Once it crashes into the reef, it will flood the consciousness of the people, causing a tidal wave in the ocean of humanity.
edit on 5-5-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

Disclosure is controled by TPTB , full stop .

One would think that if the aliens exist that the power for disclosure would sit firmly with them. If they are real and want us to know about them then all the power on earth will not stop them from achieving their goals.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

One would think that if the aliens exist that the power for disclosure would sit firmly with them. If they are real and want us to know about them then all the power on earth will not stop them from achieving their goals.

Finally....a shining light of wisdom in a world of darkness...absolutely true, thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join