It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by Dastardly666

Aaahhh okay. So you say there is no alien visitation and would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation!

For someone who pretends to know everything, can you so kindly provide us with evidence that there is no alien visitation? Its a strong statement to make so you must know something.

Quite frankly I just don't think you either have a decent enough grasp on the language here to understand the difference between skepticism and outright denial; to discern the difference between someone who is open to a possibility as opposed to a staunch "believer and all others be damned"; to temper yourself and your desire to always have the last word and be right.

Otherwise, you should understand the the onus of providing evidence of anything at all, is on the person making the claim, not someone participating in the conversation. I'm open to the fact that it CAN have happened, but I am SKEPTICAL that it ever did, and unless some conclusive proof can be obtained that would change that, MY mind won't be convinced, nor will the majority either as, since the majority DONT believe it, and the majority HAVE NOT seen any conclusive evidence, and the majority CAN think critically and put together logic in a cohesive fashion. But I am making no claim of anything, so I do not need to provide evidence of anything.

I asked you a simple question to prove there has not been alien visitation, which is what you claimed.

And, when you said 'I'm open to the fact it CAN have happened', its actually COULD!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I asked you a simple question to prove there has not been alien visitation, which is what you claimed.

And, when you said 'I'm open to the fact it CAN have happened', its actually COULD!

Please quote the post where I made a claim of anything at all. Most specifically, the post where I made the claim that alien visitation has never occurred. I want to see it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Please quote the post where I made a claim of anything at all. Most specifically, the post where I made the claim that alien visitation has never occurred. I want to see it.

Here you go. Its on page 13.

You said

'Where my skepticism lies is in visitation. I would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation. There would be little to NO need for all this cloak and dagger nonsense at this point. According to prevailing wisdom, we can recount at least 70 years of this alleged visitation, after 70 years, I'm quite sure if it WERE true, they have us all figured out by now and precisely what they could and could not get away with. So the whole "they're waiting for the right time to make themselves visible to us" nonsense is just that....nonsense.'

So what did you mean?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Once you have seen the truth , everything else falls into place

Truer words have never been spoken!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You said

'Where my skepticism lies is in visitation. I would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation. There would be little to NO need for all this cloak and dagger nonsense at this point. According to prevailing wisdom, we can recount at least 70 years of this alleged visitation, after 70 years, I'm quite sure if it WERE true, they have us all figured out by now and precisely what they could and could not get away with. So the whole "they're waiting for the right time to make themselves visible to us" nonsense is just that....nonsense.'

So what did you mean?

Ok, which part of the meaning then, of "Where my skepticism" is confusing you?

I'm making no claim, I'm voicing my skepticism of it. Which is precisely why I suggested that perhaps you just don't have a decent enough grasp of the meaning and difference between the 2.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You said

So what did you mean?

Ok, which part of the meaning then, of "Where my skepticism" is confusing you?

I'm making no claim, I'm voicing my skepticism of it. Which is precisely why I suggested that perhaps you just don't have a decent enough grasp of the meaning and difference between the 2.

Like wingedbull, you have been caught out, proved wrong and you are now backtracking and trying to twist things to suit you.

You said there is no visitation and I asked you to prove this.

And when you accuse someone of having a deficiency of the English language, make sure you have a grasp of it yourself!

edit on 9-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Like wingedbull, you have been caught out, proved wrong and you are now backtracking and trying to twist things to suit you.

And when you accuse someone of having a deficiency of the English language, make sure you have a grasp of it yourself!

Ok, and I'll ask you again to quote where I said precisely that, that there no visitation as opposed to me simply being skeptical, and I will agree with you. However, I am still skeptical that it ever happened. This has been my stance from the beginning, and I would challenge you to find where I stated otherwise.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ok, and I'll ask you again to quote where I said precisely that, that there no visitation as opposed to me simply being skeptical, and I will agree with you. However, I am still skeptical that it ever happened. This has been my stance from the beginning, and I would challenge you to find where I stated otherwise.

For the benefit of doubt, here is what you stated. Read carefully and think about what you stated.

''Where my skepticism lies is in visitation. I would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation. There would be little to NO need for all this cloak and dagger nonsense at this point. According to prevailing wisdom, we can recount at least 70 years of this alleged visitation, after 70 years, I'm quite sure if it WERE true, they have us all figured out by now and precisely what they could and could not get away with. So the whole "they're waiting for the right time to make themselves visible to us" nonsense is just that....nonsense.'

The whole paragraph suggests you do not believe in alien visitation and, you would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation meaning there has been no visitation. And you said to say they are waiting for the right time to make themselves visible is NONSENSE. Can you please back this up?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the inevitable rebuttal of "I was a believer. Now I'm a skeptic" thread to be started

Believe in what you want to believe in OP, just try and refrain from forcefully ramming your beliefs down the throats of others as it has a tendency to make people react against your manner rather than your beliefs, skepticism is a good thing after all...if it wasn't for skepticism we would not have conspiracy theories now would we.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepennytration
Believe in what you want to believe in OP, just try and refrain from forcefully ramming your beliefs down the throats of others...

The OP did nothing to ram their beliefs down the throats of others. As this is a discussion forum, the very nature of the medium makes such a thing impossible. If you do not like someone's belief, walk away.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The whole paragraph suggests you do not believe in alien visitation and, you would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation meaning there has been no visitation. And you said to say they are waiting for the right time to make themselves visible is NONSENSE. Can you please back this up?

Back WHAT up?? You want me to back up my own personal beliefs? How, precisely does one "back up" what it is they believe or don't believe? As, I'm not making a claim there is nothing I need to "back up".

What you believe I am suggesting doesn't reflect reality, and your constant badgering only solidifies that. So, those who can disseminate paragraphs and statements effectively will know precisely what was meant by it, Regretfully, you are not one of them, but it isn't my loss.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Kali74
You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

Great post and sadly I see this daily on ATS.

Why is asking for evidence so wrong on this forum? And if we do not believe some of the outlandish claims without evidence than is US "skeptics" that are bashed and called blind, trolls, sheep, disinfo agents etc.

There is nothing wrong with asking for evidence but if someone declines to share it, they should not be labelled a liar, as is the case on this forum. I have asked some here for their opinions on aliens and UFOs, but they refuse to answer.

I am sorry but starting a thread to claim you have seen evidence that changed his world view from one of scepticism to belief and not sharing the evidence us for public assessment is just absurd.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

I can tell by your language, appeal-to-spite bogeymen, phantom evidence, so forth, that you were never a skeptic or a fence-sitter.

So in essence you are calling the OP a fraud?
I for one respect his belief, he should respect others, and so should you, and that is not a request...anyone that has asked how this change from skeptic to a 100‰ believer came to pass, this being a discussion forum and all, has been met by the very thing that he allegedly finds abhorrent but projects upon others, trolling, debunking, ridicule, and very little if no discussion, and now as I've been labelled as a none believer because I questioned the manner in which he replied to other members questions I'm told to take a hike...behave

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There will be no disclosure from your government. Why? Because if the government were to speak out about it, the people will rise up in anger and kill one another. So, the government wants you to be happy, eat your gm crops, drink your over flourinated water, have your Aspertame, get your iphone, buy your big screen tv and be the nice tax payer you've been trained to be.

Now, as a current USN/USMC veteran, I have seen the world. I held a TS and have worked with crypto gear. I knew of the black aircraft, before the public did, so I can say I have been skeptic and enlightened at the same time. But let me share a recent experience that took place on Friday night (05/06/2011). My daughter and I were out on our back patio playing with the dog when she started asking about the stars. I was pointing out the different zodiacs when we saw a satelite moving from the west to the east, which stopped in a postion to the south. It rotated out of sight in the southern sky. About thirty seconds later there were three bright lights, that illuminated, which formed in the points of a perfect triangle in close proximity to where the satelite stopped. The triangle starting moving, due north, directly over my house. There was no visible body or shape of a craft, just the bright lights moving in perfect triangular unison. They were visible for about thirty seconds, then vanished.

What do you tell your daughter when she asks what happened to the lights?

So, if (and that's a big if) disclosure comes, it will be as a mass awareness event. Not something from NASA (Never A Straight Answer) or your government.
edit on 10-5-2011 by thestillborn1 because: added conclusion.........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestillborn1
There will be no disclosure from your government. Why? Because if the government were to speak out about it, the people will rise up in anger and kill one another.

Why?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

One word: Panic

Funny, you didn't ask about what we saw in the night sky. Most people deny, until it happens to them. You proved my point.
edit on 10-5-2011 by thestillborn1 because: polite response.........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestillborn1
reply to post by WingedBull

Panic...........

Insert second line here..........

Why would people panic?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

Why is asking for evidence so wrong on this forum? And if we do not believe some of the outlandish claims without evidence than is US "skeptics" that are bashed and called blind, trolls, sheep, disinfo agents etc.

There is nothing wrong with asking for evidence but if someone declines to share it, they should not be labelled a liar, as is the case on this forum. I have asked some here for their opinions on aliens and UFOs, but they refuse to answer.

I am sorry but starting a thread to claim you have seen evidence that changed his world view from one of scepticism to belief and not sharing the evidence us for public assessment is just absurd.

You only find it absurd because you disagree with the OP's view. After all you are a skeptic.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You are maybe just a little peeved because I won't share my sweets with you .

I wrote what I wrote and I stand by it .

If you need enlightement then go out and find it for yourself .

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Back WHAT up?? You want me to back up my own personal beliefs? How, precisely does one "back up" what it is they believe or don't believe? As, I'm not making a claim there is nothing I need to "back up".

What you believe I am suggesting doesn't reflect reality, and your constant badgering only solidifies that. So, those who can disseminate paragraphs and statements effectively will know precisely what was meant by it, Regretfully, you are not one of them, but it isn't my loss.

But aren't you one of the skeptics who criticised the OP for not backing up his post? Or are you another one of the sheep who joins the attacks to gain popularity?

Take a good look at yourself before you make silly accusations and assumptions about other members. You complained I would not debate with you and that my English was poor. However I proved you are not any better.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join