It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
No I didn't miss the point.

Then why bring up the OP, when my point was not about the OP but about another group altogether?

And your beliefs are relevant because the topic is on UFOs and aliens.

No, the topic is the OP's conversion from a "skeptic" (or as I see simply a non-believer) to a believer. My beliefs should have been made explicit throughout this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Another vain attempt to dismiss questions. You said the government lies and cover ups were for something mundane. I pointed out to you the examples and asked you if they were mundane.

The examples you gave have nothing to do with UFOs.

I already told you UFO examples on page 14. Twist and turn baby.

So, do you believe aliens are visiting our planet and do you believe UFO sightings maybe alien craft?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No I didn't miss the point.

Then why bring up the OP, when my point was not about the OP but about another group altogether?

And your beliefs are relevant because the topic is on UFOs and aliens.

No, the topic is the OP's conversion from a "skeptic" (or as I see simply a non-believer) to a believer. My beliefs should have been made explicit throughout this thread.

I brought up the OP because you claimed you are a believer but you suggested the OP was lying because he said he used to be a skeptic and was now a believer. Why did you get upset with the OP? If you are a believer you would have labelled the OP as open minded.

No, you gave the impression you are a skeptic by labelling anyone who disagreed with you as believer. But now you claim you are a believer!! Are you confused or are you making and changing points and your stance to show yourself in a better light?

Look back through this thread and you will see what I am saying.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Earlier I asked you what you believed with regards to UFOs and aliens and you told me your beliefs were irrelevant as they would be a distraction to the discussion.

Because my beliefs were irrelevant to the point being made. Please review this post and please demonstrated that you understand the point and please explain how my beliefs were relevant to it.

So why should anyone explain themselves to you?

The member in question willingly made reference to his transformation from skeptic to believer. If he wants to answer, that is his prerogative. If not, that is his prerogative as well.

Just to remind you, the discussion is about UFOs and aliens.

Then why are you attempting to make it about me?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You have a severe lack of reading comprehension. The examples you gave in the post in question, this post, had nothing to do with UFOs. My point, as should have been evident to any reasonable person, was discussing lies and cover-ups as relates the the UFO phenomenon.
edit on 9-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I brought up the OP because you claimed you are a believer but you suggested the OP was lying because he said he used to be a skeptic and was now a believer.

Please produce the post where I claimed to be a believer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

Great post and sadly I see this daily on ATS.

Why is asking for evidence so wrong on this forum? And if we do not believe some of the outlandish claims without evidence than is US "skeptics" that are bashed and called blind, trolls, sheep, disinfo agents etc.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Earlier I asked you what you believed with regards to UFOs and aliens and you told me your beliefs were irrelevant as they would be a distraction to the discussion.

Because my beliefs were irrelevant to the point being made. Please review this post and please demonstrated that you understand the point and please explain how my beliefs were relevant to it.

So why should anyone explain themselves to you?

The member in question willingly made reference to his transformation from skeptic to believer. If he wants to answer, that is his prerogative. If not, that is his prerogative as well.

Just to remind you, the discussion is about UFOs and aliens.

Then why are you attempting to make it about me?

I'm not attempting to make it about you. You did that yourself. I asked you questions relating to UFOs and aliens and again you refused to answer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You have a severe lack of reading comprehension. The examples you gave in the post in question, this post, had nothing to do with UFOs. My point, as should have been evident to any reasonable person, was discussing lies and cover-ups as relates the the UFO phenomenon.
edit on 9-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Actually you have a severe lack of understanding, or you don't like being proved wrong. Go to page 14 and you will see.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Originally posted by Kali74
You don't need info in a post like this, it's a discussion forum not a post only accounts and facts forums. Trolls are hungry is all. Welcome to this side of the fence

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement, asking for evidence and facts is "trolling". Only the simple and closed-minded think that discussion equates to everyone agreeing.

Great post and sadly I see this daily on ATS.

Why is asking for evidence so wrong on this forum? And if we do not believe some of the outlandish claims without evidence than is US "skeptics" that are bashed and called blind, trolls, sheep, disinfo agents etc.

There is nothing wrong with asking for evidence but if someone declines to share it, they should not be labelled a liar, as is the case on this forum. I have asked some here for their opinions on aliens and UFOs, but they refuse to answer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm not attempting to make it about you. You did that yourself. I asked you questions relating to UFOs and aliens and again you refused to answer.

So, let us get his straight...you are not making it about me because I did it myself because you asked me questions. Right...

Please review this post and please demonstrate that you understand the point and please explain how my beliefs were relevant to it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Actually you have a severe lack of understanding, or you don't like being proved wrong. Go to page 14 and you will see.

What on page 14 are you talking about? I made reference to the government cover-up of UFOs being more concerned with covering up mundane things. And you brought up subjects that had nothing to do with UFOs.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by ButterCookie

Where my skepticism lies is in visitation. I would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation. There would be little to NO need for all this cloak and dagger nonsense at this point. According to prevailing wisdom, we can recount at least 70 years of this alleged visitation, after 70 years, I'm quite sure if it WERE true, they have us all figured out by now and precisely what they could and could not get away with. So the whole "they're waiting for the right time to make themselves visible to us" nonsense is just that....nonsense.

Aaahhh okay. So you say there is no alien visitation and would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation!

For someone who pretends to know everything, can you so kindly provide us with evidence that there is no alien visitation? Its a strong statement to make so you must know something.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

For someone who pretends to know everything, can you so kindly provide us with evidence that there is no alien visitation? Its a strong statement to make so you must know something.

One cannot prove something isn't happening but one can show the evidence for said event happening is wanting.

But I think ButterCookie has a point that is little discussed in the UFO field; that after 60-70 years, why would there be a need for such secrecy?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Aaahhh okay. So you say there is no alien visitation and would fight tooth and nail against actual visitation!

Quite frankly I just don't think you either have a decent enough grasp on the language here to understand the difference between skepticism and outright denial; to discern the difference between someone who is open to a possibility as opposed to a staunch "believer and all others be damned"; to temper yourself and your desire to always have the last word and be right.

Otherwise, you should understand the the onus of providing evidence of anything at all, is on the person making the claim, not someone participating in the conversation. I'm open to the fact that it CAN have happened, but I am SKEPTICAL that it ever did, and unless some conclusive proof can be obtained that would change that, MY mind won't be convinced, nor will the majority either as, since the majority DONT believe it, and the majority HAVE NOT seen any conclusive evidence, and the majority CAN think critically and put together logic in a cohesive fashion. But I am making no claim of anything, so I do not need to provide evidence of anything.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join