It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a hybrid to use less gas? You might have to pay an extra "hybrid tax" to make up the differenc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Ha! You weren't kidding. Some real gems in this piece of legislation.

ASSEMBLY, No. 3657
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
214th LEGISLATURE
INTRODUCED JANUARY 6, 2011

1. No bicycle as defined by R.S.39:1-1 shall be operated on the public highways or on public lands of this State unless registered by the owner thereof... he registration fee has been paid, and the bicycle meets all of the requirements of this chapter.

We really want to move. Can you approve our bicycle transfer to another state? Also make sure and notify them if the bike is destroyed, stolen, or just discarded in the attic for any lengthy period of time. Don't forget. You have 10 DAYS only. God forbid you take 11 days to report and file a complaint for a broken bicycle. Don't even think of throwing it away unless you're prepared to fill out the necessary paperwork. Hurt your knee and won't be using the bike for a few months. Make sure they know. The importance can't be overstated.

5. Whenever a bicycle for which a registration certificate has been issued has been permanently removed from the State, the owner shall notify the chief administrator in writing within 10 days

Whenever a bicycle for which a registration certificate has been issued has been destroyed, stolen, or whenever its use has been discontinued, the owner shall notify the chief administrator in writing, sign and execute the registration certificate, and return it to the chief administrator within 10 days.

Just in case you can't tell that the plate is attached to a bicycle the words "BICYCLE" needs to be on the plate to avoid confusion with motor vehicles.

bicycle license plate to be attached to the bicycle by the registrant.
Each plate shall contain a clearly visible license number to be assigned by the chief administrator and shall bear the insignia "BICYCLE" in clear lettering.

One of my favorite parts. The registration is good for 2 years but go ahead and pay $10 every year anyway. There are costs and people have to be hired to maintain these "programs". Programs that benefit you of course.

Bicycle registrations would be valid for two y ears, and the commission could charge up to $10 as an annual registration fee to defray the costs of the program.

edit on 5-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

there was a time when the majority of people worked and paid taxes than what we have today where half pays and the other half doesnt.

yeah we have become a nation of consumers and not producers we have also become a nation where everyone just gotta have the latest and greatest and have no clue of what living within their means is and the aspect of which i am referring to is that tool of enslavement credit

there is nothing we can do as long as we fight amongst ourselves and create the boogeymen to hate when the villian is and always has been the us federal government ie the united states congress.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Imagine having to stick a license plate on a $5,000 Cervelo.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The plan is a part of the administration’s Transportation Opportunities Act, anundated draft of which was obtained this week by Transportation Weekly.

Obama’s proposal seems to follow up on that idea in section 2218 of the draft bill. That section would create, within the Federal Highway Administration, a Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office. It would be tasked with creating a “study framework that defines the functionality of a mileage-based user fee system and other systems.”

govtslaves.info...

Oh goody another government office and taxes meant to legislate us and penalize us into conformity and the poor house. The Admin's at faul, the CBO's at fault, and the Congress is at fault. But you got to love the clever and feel good names they give these things. "Transportation Opportunities Act"?????

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Interesting that taxes are supposed to be used for paying for the streets right? but then again how can the state or city save if they have to spend more money into government expansion?

I don't get it, how making a new office will save any tax dues collected.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

O goody. Another administrative branch of the government. The "Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office" which would create a "framework that defines the functionality of a mileage-based user fee system and other systems.” I love how they added on the open-ended "other systems" to the end of that because taxing 12% of the gasoline price and charging a mileage tax alone just isn't enough. They have to leave room for the possibility of having more taxes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So... what the hell do my property, sales, and gas taxes pay for, as it is?

Oh, and income - don't forget I have to pay about 20% of that before I get to pay for the roof over my head or food in my belly.

If they start passing crap like this... I'd better not find one damned pot-hole... or I just can't be held responsible for what I might do to my "representative."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join