It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentinel Warning: What may the birds be telling us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Apparently there have appeared several rare species of birds in Denmark recently. From Mongolia and Siberia among other places. Seems like they�ve found a new home...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comberman
But the good news is that even the smallest, unlikeliest of gardens or backyards will be adopted by birds if they can be attracted into it. Plant a tree or buy a bag of peanuts.
Goodness, I appear to be sounding off. My apologies if it appears to be so.
Regards

Comberman, great advise. While we should all do our part to help reduce human intrusion as much as possible - we can also be proactive and help what creatures we may. (I've been on a mission to fill my acre of trees with bat houses - I help them, they help me by eating the mosquitos from the pond). But there are only so many types of creatures we can help with an urbanized yard or garden. We may shelter bats, sparrows, raccoons, opossoms, squirls, rabbits, even skunks but many of these articles refer to sea birds and a garden won't help them. The long term affect of our abuse is be expresed by the oceans which affect the entire ecosystem. So, what can we do at this point to save the oceans and thus the world?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
NyTimes

Red-Footed Falcon Spotted In North America For First Time...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Gee, thanks coatimundi, for pointing out how silly I was for mentioning the magnetic shift. Since I have only heard for years how birds somehow rely on the magnetic field for navigation when they migrate. And I had recently read several articles on the subject by some rather heavy sources like Los Alamos and NASA, (check out: When north goes south:three dimensional simulation of geomagnetic field, plus others) silly me thought it was some how pertinent, at least interesting. Nor did I say that was the only posible reason, I even agreed that other environmental factors could be at work. --I've been around long enough to see the atmosphere turn from crystal clear to milky sour, and long enough to remember drinking naturally pure water right out of the spring with cupped hands.
And as to your allusion to my 'non-animal person-ness' I grew up on a farm, being around an assortment of animals constantly. I have trained, tamed, and been owned by numerous horses, dogs, cats and chickens since. Presently most of our acreage has been allowed to go 'feral' allowing for wildlife cover and forage, all organic, no pesticides, no fertilizers. I have also crusaded against cruel methods used in walking horse training. ( Hope ya'll aren't using some unkind method in training those birds? But you'll notice that I didn't just assume you were )

( "If you're not in the field or not familiar with a certain subject you'll always tend to form whatever kind of fanciful hypothesis you desire")--Kind of like your hypothesis that I was a silly idiot that needed to be insulted a couple of times for offering a comment on a scientific phenomenon. Ok, now I'm sure I've given you more fodder, have at me again.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Very good ATSNN discussion on environmental changes possibly explaining the scary stuff we're seeing here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Another odd story of homing pigeons losing their way�..

Olympic pigeons lose their way
Publish Date : 9/24/2004 12:52:00 PM Source : Onlypunjab.com Team

Romanian pigeon fanciers blame television satellites after their birds got lost on the way home from the Athens Olympics.

They released 850 homing pigeons in Athens last month - but say only 50 of them have managed to find their way home.

Mihai Popescu, one of Romania's top pigeon breeders, told Libertatea newspaper: "My first pigeon arrived home after eight days of travelling.

"Normally the distance from Greece to Romania cannot take more than one day."

Another breeder from Arad, Radu Dragan, said: "We've been to competitions of this kind before but never have so many pigeons got lost.

"We believe one of the main causes for this is the big number of satellites used for television broadcasting.

"Another cause could be the military radars located on Greek territory. All these affected pigeons' senses of orientation and they never found their way back home."

Pigeons fanciers said they expected only a fifth of the birds to get lost on the way but lost almost all of them.

www.onlypunjab.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is interesting, because the cause may in fact NOT be west nile....

Public Turning In Flood Of Dead Birds For Testing

The state Health Department said it has seen a spike in the number of dead bird the public is submitting to be tested for the West Nile Virus.

On Wednesday, residents turned in 42 birds from Oahu and Kauai. That's up from last week when the state first announced that a Maui sparrow initially tested positive for the virus.

Health officials are still waiting for confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta because it's possible the initial finding was a false positive.

State officials said they don't want to take any chances and are stepping up their bird-monitoring program.

"We are seeing doves, sparrows, mynahs, buboes and there was one chicken, which is normally not what we would see," said Wes Warashina, of the DOH.

Officials said birds are generally a good indicator for the presence of West Nile.

www.thehawaiichannel.com...

Well worth watching....

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The evidence towards trouble continues....

Nearly Half European Birds Species at Risk

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Over 40 percent of all bird species in Europe face an uncertain future and some are so threatened that they may disappear soon due to intensive agriculture and climate change, scientists said on Monday.

Many bird species, including the house sparrow, starling, wood warbler and corn bunting, have been declining alarmingly, BirdLife International said in a report.

"The number of bird species in trouble across Europe is rising," said BirdLife, a British-based conservation group.

The report identifies 226 species, or 43 percent of all European bird types, as being threatened. Many of them are declining, while other populations have failed to recover from large declines seen in the 1970s and 1980s.

A number of bird species could disappear in the very near future if immediate action is not taken, warned the report "Birds in Europe," due to be presented at a European conference on biodiversity in the Netherlands later on Monday.

channels.netscape.com...

If it's happening in Europe, its likely happening all over the world....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The magnetic field of Earth is changing.

It could be our magnetic field is loosing strenght.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I had to dig this thread up after hearing about a local bird incident.

This story was reported on two local news stations here in South Florida, I have yet to find a link, but I am working on it.

Yesterday, 10-15 birds (looked like blackbirds or crows) were found dead and dying in an area around a gas station. There was construction going on in the area (Miami area) and workers reported seeing the flock of birds flying around and suddenly some of them dived straight into the ground killing themselves, others fell to the floor and died slowly twitching. The birds were all stiff by the time the reporters were on the scene.

I was wondering if perhaps the construction in the area could have released some gas or something that could have affected the birds?? I can't understand what would cause a dozen birds to just drop from the sky.

will update with a link as soon as I find one.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah, the mainstream is more worried about the "big" stories, (not that some of these stories aren't important). Maybe these birds aren't "big" news to the media. Mixed up birds and mixed up weather is not good. We may have near 70 degree weather tommorrow here in Virginia, January! It wasn't that long ago I had my little finger starting to literally freeze in the cold. Some of the powers that be need to get there thumbs out of there... and start really getting behind programs to repair our planet, not just them but you and I. Heck with war, we'd better decide as a planet what we are going to do about our earth. That's one of the real wars we actually need to be fighting.

Troy

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Dead birds tell us what we don't know

forests.org...

Climate change blamed as birds fail to breed

news.scotsman.com...

Mysterious Changes Hit Pacific Coast

www.coastalpost.com...

Experts warn of ‘dead zone' off Oregon coast

www.gazettetimes.com...

Over 100 dead seagulls found in Oulu in this month

www.helsinginsanomat.fi...

About 300 birds dead in Guangzhou

www.peacehall.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Minnesota bird deaths are a mystery for state officials

Minnesota has been looking into a bird mystery since the discovery of at least 50 songbirds found floating dead in Lake Superior in early September.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) collected the 50 dead songbirds from 200 to 800 yards off shore in an eight-mile stretch of the Lake Superior between Grand Marais and the Brule River mouth.

The birds were primarily Swainson's thrushes, white-throated sparrows and a number of warblers. The DNR noted that record numbers of songbirds were reported at Hawk Ridge, at Duluth, Minn., on Sept. 7.

The DNR doubts that either disease or poisons are involved.

"Apparently, the bird kill was caused by a weather phenomenon," said Dave Ingebrigtsen, DNR's wildlife manager in Grand Marais. "A disease outbreak would not affect such large numbers over such a short time span. Pollution or contaminant exposure is not a likely cause of this mortality, because of the lack of any identifiable potent source."

One possible cause would be winds and weather conditions. The DNR noted that if the landed in the water, they wouldn't be able to take off again. It also stated that there were some strong wind gusts to 40 miles per hour. They called it a "lake wind effect" which may have caught the birds in the early morning hours.

more...

Despite the weather theory, they really don't know what caused these deaths. Let's face it...40 mph winds on the Lake aren't a rare event, but mass songbird deaths are...

[edit on 19-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I had to dig this thread up after hearing about a local bird incident.

This story was reported on two local news stations here in South Florida, I have yet to find a link, but I am working on it.

Yesterday, 10-15 birds (looked like blackbirds or crows) were found dead and dying in an area around a gas station. There was construction going on in the area (Miami area) and workers reported seeing the flock of birds flying around and suddenly some of them dived straight into the ground killing themselves, others fell to the floor and died slowly twitching. The birds were all stiff by the time the reporters were on the scene.

I was wondering if perhaps the construction in the area could have released some gas or something that could have affected the birds?? I can't understand what would cause a dozen birds to just drop from the sky.

will update with a link as soon as I find one.

Yes! I was googling to find something on this odd behavior of blackbirds, but to no avail. I witnessed a similar experience the other day. As I was leaving to go to the mall, I stepped outside and heard a ruckus in the trees, I would say about 1,000 or more blackbirds were flying back and forth, seeming to be unsettled, scared, worried, they flew back and forth, thousands of them, from branch to branch, the whole flock traveled back and forth making such a racket. Some of them dove right into each other, thus knocking themselves to the ground. Also, some of them drove right into the trees.

This whole ordeal went on for about maybe 20 minutes, unusually long, and unusually weird behavior for any kind of bird species I've seen.
When I returned home I checked the ground and there were many dead blackbirds on the ground below the trees where they plunged to their death.

This really got me to start thinking there really is something seriously wrong going on. What it is, I don't know.

*Oh, by the way, I don't live near a construction site like the blackbirds in the article. I live in rural new england. So it kind of factors out the idea that gases from the construction site in florida caused the blackbirds to freak out and dive into the ground.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
I witnessed a similar experience the other day. As I was leaving to go to the mall, I stepped outside and heard a ruckus in the trees, I would say about 1,000 or more blackbirds were flying back and forth, seeming to be unsettled, scared, worried, they flew back and forth, thousands of them, from branch to branch, the whole flock traveled back and forth making such a racket. Some of them dove right into each other, thus knocking themselves to the ground. Also, some of them drove right into the trees.

This whole ordeal went on for about maybe 20 minutes, unusually long, and unusually weird behavior for any kind of bird species I've seen.
When I returned home I checked the ground and there were many dead blackbirds on the ground below the trees where they plunged to their death.

Did you see the movie "The day after tomorrow"?

Birds using the magnetic field of the earth to move around can have serious problems if this field has failures, blackouts.

What if, for a while, on specific places, something goes wrong and the magnetic field fails working?

Have you seen the movie? Well, something similar to what you mention, happens to the birds. I think it would be great if someone could tell us the kind of bird it was and if they use the magnetic field of the earth to fly... That would confirm it.

On the other hand, I wonder... If it really means we are facing magnetic failures, can it be worse?

Ugggh

By the way, looking for some info. on this subject, I found the following:
The truth behind
Click on the truth behind the Day after Tomorrow and compare science fiction and facts. It is amazing!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo

Did you see the movie "The day after tomorrow"?

Birds using the magnetic field of the earth to move around can have serious problems if this field has failures, blackouts.

What if, for a while, on specific places, something goes wrong and the magnetic field fails working?

Have you seen the movie? Well, something similar to what you mention, happens to the birds. I think it would be great if someone could tell us the kind of bird it was and if they use the magnetic field of the earth to fly... That would confirm it.

On the other hand, I wonder... If it really means we are facing magnetic failures, can it be worse?

Ugggh

By the way, looking for some info. on this subject, I found the following:
The truth behind
Click on the truth behind the Day after Tomorrow and compare science fiction and facts. It is amazing!

Oh wow. Amazing. I have not seen the movie yet, but now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to have to run to the video store tonight!

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sentinel Warning: What may the birds be telling us?

Yes, we are creating way to many EMF waves and microwaving the earth.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've seen two things in the past month that I've never seen here before. I live in Indiana just to put it in perspective. I saw on a clean concrete slab a black blotch. I inspected it closer to find this spot was tens of thousands of ants. I know this is abnormal because it was at my house and the most ants I have seen here at one time is maybe 10. Maybe a little more if a kid has dropped candy on the sidewalk. There was nothing there. It was the strangest thing I've seen.

I've lived back in this state for 10 years. We have endless geese. I hate them things personally but the other day was the first time I've seen them flying south in formation. Maybe this has happened before. I haven't seen it. Especially not twice in the same day. Those geese usually hang here for the winter.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Is there any possibility of a sudden, very brief and just located on a small part of land... reversal of the gravitational field of the earth causing this or is it the weather and winds that are changing and affecting animals and their usual behaviour?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have been watching and listening the birds very closely here as i feel we are on the edge of something large about to happen. So far no changes, we have a large bat population that has been acting normal over the past few weeks. We have a large pidgeon population that also has been acting normal and so have the native birds and import/ migratory.

The ants have been acting normal here too, we have billions of those, both lemon flavour bummed huge green ones and the standard tropical, pinch your picnic types.

The crickets are not acting strange and there has been no reports of birds flying into windows and planes or getting lost. However there have been a few whale beachings along the coast that are of concern when watching the earths magnetics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join