It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless Claims spike to an 8-month high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

So much for the economy improving. The release of today's unemployment data is not good - to say the least.

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

And that doesn't count Me and My friends - We have dropped off the "unemployed" list and though We're looking for work, unemployed, We don't count. More and more are going this route.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am not surprised. I saw another article here on ATS not too long ago that said that less than 45% of americans were employed.

So with that figure I ask you how unemployment could possibly be in the single digits. Manipulation of the figures is the only way. This however is nothing new, unfortunately.

If the government actually used accurate figures for unemployment then unemployment might be portrayed as the serious problem that it actually is for, apparently, the majority of americans now.

I was unemployed for over a year, the area we used to live in had nothing for work after I got laid off. My fiance was working two part time jobs and I was working one full time job. I got laid off and she did as well from one of her jobs.

It wasn't until we moved south, just north of NYC that I was able to find work again, and thankfully she was able to find a great job here. What I am doing is not ideally what I would like to be doing - but at this point I am just thankful to have any job, and I am going to school part time as well to hopefully rectify that.

I feel though it's going to get much worse before it gets better, which is very frightening because for many people things are as bad as they have ever been.

I consider us very fortunate to have the friends that we do(they let us stay with them while we got setup here) and the opportunities that not all americans are lucky enough to have.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
bad news yeah things sure got better with obama leading us.

something i heard today and i would like to be verfied is:

no incumbent president has ever been re elected with an unemployment rate higher than 8 percent.

is that msm lies?

new topics

top topics

join