It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather and the earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I do not have a link and this is a hypothesis. First off, it was 32 degrees this morning in western north Carolina. Perhaps, our earth is being pulled a little farther away from the sun, by a larger object approaching, and we are feeling the effects slowly? What say you?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I say you need to take your thorazine...

and shuffle!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Weird you saying this. I just woke up and look't out side and it's rainy and there is a white ski because of cloud cover, but it's a uniforme kind of cloud, it makes the sky look white.

but it's not covering completly the sun. I can see thrue and see the sun.
My first toth was man the sun is smaller than usual... I kind of told my self that must be an optical illusion.

Then i open ats and see this post. very weird... Not saying it's so, but what does the sun look like this morning
is it the same size as always for you guys where you are

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Actually it looks smaller here as well.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Not so Funny.

edit on 5-5-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The sun's the same size, this is the first day in weeks we've been able to see it. Planets in the solar system have ever so slowly deteriorating orbits, meaning they are getting closer to the sun, not further. It's very slight compared to the earth's rotation slowing, because the years are virtually the same, but days have increased in length quite measurably. In the days of the dinosaurs, the days were less than 22 hours long, and the year about 400 days. When life started for form on earth the days were a short as 7 hours, the moon was closer and orbited faster and if the microorganisms could see back then the moon phase would have raced by in less than a week of days.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation. Still here the sun looks smaller, but more focused, brighter. And it's is pretty chilly out. Not complaining, I like cold weather. It just seems it should be warmer this time of year.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
short answer Yes, long answer no. The great attractor is pulling the local group at the same ratio, meaning the sun is moving towards it at the same rate as the earth is, but yeah, it was cold as crap here this morning out in Wilson, NC, so who knows, hahaha.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, in lieu of the snowstorm they just had in Northern Alberta, the resorts have extended the ski season... While Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Quebec are flooding. Besides the fact that Small-town Canada's rural residents are still without power after a storm passed through boasting 100km/hr gusts. Folks in these parts say they never really had wind like that, storms like this started hitting the odd time around 2009 and have been increasing in intensity and frequency since.

These events are not so common, but everyone has been saying that 2011 has been quite the year weather-wise. We're still using our furnace, it's May...

I don't know what's causing it, perhaps it's a natural cycle of the Earth, perhaps it's a planetary body interfering. All I can say for sure is that I miss Spring temperatures and sunny days.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I dont know if the sun looks smaller or not. I havent seen it in about 4 days. Its either been overcast or I have only been looking down at the ground picking up trash and debris since we had a tornado rip our town apart last Wednesday night. All I know is that I am sick and tired of bad weather and want nothing more than to be outside planting my veggie garden but cant until we get the trees out of our yard cut up, brush piles burned and all the garbage hauled off. Mother nature sure isnt helping matters with all this crazy weather.

new topics

top topics

join