It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naitonal Day of Prayer 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

National Day of Prayer 2011 is here and being observed in the United States. After 60 years of observance, this observed day almost didn't happen due to a legal challenge (see the article), but the challenge was struck down in court just last month.

Your thoughts on the National Day of Prayer and the notion that it has to be defended in court to stay alive in this country.

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Funny as hell we can have a "national day of prayer" but when kids have a moment of silence in school it's all screams of religious indoctrination.

Either both are or neither are.

For christs sake the word "prayer" is right there in the title of the day. If we're going to be absurd hypocrites we could at least change it to "reflection" or something to make our nonsensical manufactured issues offense somewhat consistent.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If you read the article, there ARE people bitching.

As far me, I think I'll be joining in on prayer today. Well, I do everyday anyways, I guess we'll make a family prayer circle and focus it on my mother (who's dying of leukemia, 2nd return), my brother's wife who had a mass growing in her brain (not cancer - they don't know what it is, she was sent to UCLA and USC, tested for over a week, called in the top docs and surgeons, but they released her and don't know wtf is wrong), and for my family to keep our home (in threat of being evicted).

Hope you guys have a great day.

Peace and love in these dark times, brothers and sisters.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Should people pray in Spanish...

Since it's also Cinco de Mayo?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well it seems kind of like a stupid thing to me. I thought religious people were supposed to talk to their respective gods daily, if not more often.... So it is kind of redundant to have a day set aside, for something you do already no?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I won't be participating, but I don't have any problem with it. As long as there is no effort to REQUIRE that everyone prays, I don't see a problem. Those that wish to participate, of whatever spiritual faith they prefer, are free to do so, and those that don't are free to not.

If someone wants to launch a lawsuit about it, that is their option... I personally don't think it is worth the time, effort and expense, but I'm not contributing any of those to the lawsuit, so I don't really have a problem with that, either.

People in this country are getting whackazoid... the deal is, we all have the right to worship or not, as we please, as long as we harm no one or create safety hazards (no mass prayer meetings on I-5, OK?). This includes in public schools, the court is wrong on that.

new topics

top topics

join