It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop of Canterbury left with "an uncomfortable feeling" about the shooting of an unarmed Bin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I must state first that I am glad that the symbolic Osama Bin Laden and everything he personally representedr is dead.

However, I rarely agree with the Archbishop but on this particular occasion I do. Once you cut through the hype, has Bin Laden ever been charged with blowing up the towers?

As he was unarmed, surely he should have been taken alive and brought to trial. That's how we use to do thing in the West. Justice was seen to be done.

That act also meant that he was not interrogated so died without a chance of getting at the information he could have yielded.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Agreed mate.

Shooting an unarmed man is not right imho. Yes i do understand that they did not want to bring him in alive for fear of kidnapings increasing in exchance for his release. On the otherhand though, there is likely to be retaliation for his death.

And being unarmed upon the time of death, will definately lead to retaliation.

VVV

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Absolutely agree.

The Americans failed. Not only did they kill an unarmed man, but they killed an unarmed man who may have been completely innocent.

Just more incompetence from the American military and politicians and howling buffoonery from the masses.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

I have to agree with you and the archbishop and I also have an uncomfortable feeling about the whole thing and the way it has played out in the media.

Speaking in response to a question at a press briefing this morning, Dr Rowan Williams said: "I think the killing of an unarmed man is always going to leave a very uncomfortable feeling because it doesn't look as if justice is seen to be done.

"In those circumstances I think it's also true that the different versions of events that have emerged in recent days have not done a great deal to help.

"I don't know the full details any more than anyone else does. But I do believe that in such circumstances when we are faced with someone who was manifestly a war criminal in terms of the atrocities inflicted it is important that justice is seen to be served."

Source

edit on 5/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

join