It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into social-engineering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
www.social-engineer.org...

A human brain can be hacked, or more accurately, manipulated into giving specific informations. It has five basic inputs from which sight, earing and touch can be used against you. If you want to become more aware, of yourself and others, I suggest you take the time to read from the link I provided. There is much more in communications than plain words.

Some would call it subliminal, I call it taking advantage of ignorance when used in ads.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Looks interesting, hope the site will provide usefull info to help many see how they are being manipulated on a wide scale in ways that may NOT be in their best interest by these so called 'social engineers'.

Psycological operations and intentionally creating problems to get people to clamor for 'solutions' appear to be two areas that I think many people would benefit from a better understanding of how these avenues are really used as 'weapons' to drive the herd in a predmeditated direction.

Often it's hard not to surmise that direction is metaphorically speaking over a clift.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi Vio1ion,

Great subject, i too happen to be a big of a fan of social engineering, obviously i mean for educational purposes only

I think we have recently seen a massive rise in interest regarding social engineering exploits amongst the hacking community due to systems becoming harder to penetrate.

There are a good few tools about to assist with the information gathering stages and i have thought for some time that many of these tools would be very handy to members of ATS as were all pretty much information junkies.

Im looking forward to see where this thread goes.. I hope it takes off

BTW, if anyone is interested i would def recommend looking at BackTrack (The Linux Distro)

Star and Flag my friend..

Much Love

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Still have a lot to learn myself about BT and SE. Having the tools does not mean I can handle it yet.

SE gave me the possible reason for the popularity of many threads that are bound to go nowhere.

It could possibly be the reason why I'm always bumped in the New Topics section everytime. My first thread did okay, most of the others barely got replies. Is it willfully done so? Am I a victim of the circumstances or from my views?

Who knows, I don't expect an answer. My collection of unanswered questions... keeps growing... and growing... and growing. Not surprising with these ideal conditions.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
this is fact.

you can talk to people and imbed commands into normal speach too, you just have to build rapport, attain trust, then imbed.

I invite you to check it out, it's bloody interesting.

Not that I can do it now myself tho

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Neuro-Linguistic Programming

Seems this is a questionable technique from a scientific standpoint.

But cognitive science sound more trustful with a broader perspective.

Cognitive, behavioral or psychotherapy also sound better than NLP.

You can only suggest or manipulate.

Some people do this kind of thing unconsciously.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Threads like these are always important. I don't (or long no longer) allow myself to be brainwashed. But see, once you are knowledgeable of this truth, it is EASY to see the social engineering. Ever since Bin Laden was 'got', I turned off my terrestrial radio, and TV. And only brought up an internet radio show, when I wanted.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That Link is down.
I tryd googleing it to.
www.social-engineer.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Imho it would be very useful if truth activists like ourselves could become better at influencing the unwashed masses.

I'd love to learn more about these techniques - and their potential for breaking through most people's instinctive appealing to authority figures.

I haven't found hacker books on social engineering to be very useful to me - because it is very easy for me to impersonate experts in nearly any field - but I am not looking for short term deception of but rather long term influence over targets.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

NLP/covert conversation works. I've only got as far as making my girlfriend go wild but with more time/training i think i could have lots of fun! FYI the site in the OP has an advert for the author that uses it too...

"want to schedule the author of etc" (bottom right) with full on missing question mark, is a direct command, NOT a question... the conscious mind won't pick it up, but the sub will see it all day long!

Cognitive Science sounds right up my street. Thankyouplease for the suggestion...

or was it a direct command?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthmagnet
reply to post by Vio1ion

Imho it would be very useful if truth activists like ourselves could become better at influencing the unwashed masses.

I'd love to learn more about these techniques - and their potential for breaking through most people's instinctive appealing to authority figures.

I haven't found hacker books on social engineering to be very useful to me - because it is very easy for me to impersonate experts in nearly any field - but I am not looking for short term deception of but rather long term influence over targets.

You're looking for Milton Erikson for background, Ross Jefferies for how to look corny using it on women and finally someone like Nathan Blazak for fine tuning to your specific purpose... (if you can ever get the slack fu*ker to respond to your emails that is...

This sh*t works. TPTB/MSM use it pretty much every day and until you study it and try to use it for yourself you'll probably have absolutely no idea it's happening.

e.g. Do you still believe what you thought you knew? "Millions of people wanted to, Get out side the White and Cheer for USA today, after Omaba Bush pretended he'd witnessed the death of his photo-shopped alter-ego"

depending on how i said this, and how many different ways (and times) i confuse you with one sentence and then imbedded a direct command in the other, the theory is, that you'd eventually .think its a good idea to gget outside the white house and cheer for USA today'...

y6es that was a command too...

and yes the aove line was meant to confuse you before i further imbed the command that is, a person should never actually really NEED to get outside the white house and cheer for USA today, don't you truthmagnet?

sorry, i'll stop now, but im trying to make it as obvious as possible. it's a lot easier with small commands such as 'go consume' 'eat more' 'make tea' 'feel horny' and for your particalar requirement 'wake up america'
You can get really clever with it when you use compound words (such as New Direction aka Nude Errection)

seen inception? (edit, or star wars for that matter!!) drop the dreams for a sec and the whole film is pretty much about making someone believe a hypnotic suggestion is actually their own... (and yes the wave of the hand obi wan uses does distract the storm trooper whilst he imbeds his command to 'go about their business')

p.s if you get the urge to, book a trip to washington, after reading this. Don't

edit on 5-5-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by Beavers because: get outside the whitehouse and cheer for usa

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

After re-reading your post, I r6ealised your t&pos are not a mrstake.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

i had to go back and put them in

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthmagnet

The best book I've found
for the [color=gold]positive and constructive use
of changing someone's psychic perspective is

David Rogers "Fighting to Win"

It's a buisness book written in the 80's
about using the new trendy samurai techniques.
My friends and I have tried and used everything in there successfully.

Here is an example.

The Teaman and the Ronin

In feudal Japan, a poor practitioner of chado, the Way of tea, unwittingly insulted a ronin, a masterless samurai. Outraged, the ronin challenged the servant to a duel. "I'm not a warrior," the teaman said, "and I'm very sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't mean to. Please accept my apology." But the ronin would have none of it. "We meet at dawn tomorrow," he said, and as was customary he handed the terrified teaman a sword. "Go practice," said the ronin. The servant ran to the home of a famous sword master and told him the terrible thing that had happened. "A unique situation," the sword master said. "For you will surely die. The thing I might be able to help you with is isagi -yo ku , the art of dying well." While they talked, the teaman prepared and poured tea. The masterful way he did it caught the eye of the sword master. He slapped his knee and said, "Forget what I just told you. Put yourself into the state of mind you were in as you prepared the tea and you can win this fight."

The teaman was shocked. The sword the ronin had given him was the first he had ever held. "What state of mind?"

"Were you thinking 'I'm a teaman?' " asked the master. "No. I wasn't thinking at all."

"That's it!" The sword master laughed. "Tomorrow draw your sword and hold it high over your head, ready to cut your opponent down. Don't think you're a teaman or that you're a swordsman. Just listen. When you hear him shout, strike him down." The next morning the ronin appeared on the field and the teaman immediately raised his sword overhead, his eyes on the ronin, his ears waiting for the battle cry. For long moments the ronin stared at the raised sword, and the determination in his opponent's eyes. Finally the ronin said, "I cannot beat you." He bowed to his opponent and then left the field.

Here is the link to a free version at Scribd
www.scribd.com...

David Grouchy
edit on 6-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Beavers,

Most forms of suggestion do not work on me at all - I have a very resistant psychology - I am apparently a very poor candidate for hypnosis I have been told.

Your examples were most interesting - but I find them so hard to believe because they have so little effect on me.

I will check into the sources you suggested however - and hopefully I will have some success in their application that will boost my confidence in their efficacy.

I have used suggestion on my wife on occasion - but I've had a very mixed track record doing so.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
The best book I've found
for the [color=gold]positive and constructive use
of changing someone's psychic perspective is

David Rogers "Fighting to Win"

It's a buisness book written in the 80's
about using the new trendy samurai techniques.
My friends and I have tried and used everything in there successfully.

davidgrouchy,

Very interesting - thank you for the suggestion as well!

Your example reminds me very much of the Book of five Rings that I studied when I was younger (along with a little Sun Tzu)

However I never succesfully understood how to apply these lessons to anything besides actual physical combat - particularly in areas such as corporate politics or in group influence.

I am sure this is a failing on my part that I can overcome with more knowledge and experience - but it is frustrating - as I see my targets minds throw up shields when I try and seduce them with logic or reason on any issue.

( I get the ususal - your not a doctor/expert/scientist/lawyer/etc.. etc.. etc..)

edit on 6-5-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Haha, some good stuff in this thread for sure. The NLP stuff works, like the hypnotic handshake, I imagine you will all have known about-instand inductions and all that. yeah its fasinating stuff and once you see whats going on you can protect yourself against it because this # goes on all day long in the real world. most of the MFers who use it it comes naturally to, the manipulation game, like pimps.
I mean here is a little situation happened me the other day whilst visiting the doctors surgery.
now as alot of you will know, a lot of doctors and other people with percieved positions of power in society, have the attitude that they are god.
i walk into this doctors office, and he doesnt even look up from his desk, or answer me when I say hello.
instead he tapps the desk to indicate where I should sit.
right away I knew what an mfer this guy was and didnt play ball, but I know how many of this type of mfer do use these tricks on unsuspecting people who OBEY and wind up dropping their pants when they went in with a sour throath.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Thats a great zen story. i have not heard that one before.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truthmagnet

yeah don't worry if it hasn't worked on you, i think a massive part of hypnosis is buillt on trust and letting your guard down; if you don't want to be hypnotised (especially if we're talking 'sleepy' stuff like the stage guys) then most people just resist.... i hear about these group hypnosis things with complete strangers, im not sure i'd ever be able to relax enough to 'trance' in a room of my own friends, let alone strangers! in my bedroom with headphones on tho? another story!

It took me years to 'sleep' (as in not remember the last 20 mins of audio) to the Paul McKenna tapes i still listen to now days, but even when they were doing a fairly good job on me after the first few listens, i was still always totally in control of my state of mind, body and actions......the whole time.

I'm not sure about this 'pretend to be a chicken' stuff (although a close friend assures me he could see and feel everything a stage hypnotist told him to when he was called up) but the covert stuff .. as in fully awake and in a normal conversation with someone and you still don't realise is happening, is 100% pure! i can't do it well enough yet, i need some master training!, but every day im understanding the basics more and more, and have caught people like maddona and loads of politians using it lately!

the latest one im reading is Kevin Hogan.... add him to your list too!

p.s, as for the wife, try saying this when you can tell she's already in the mood:

"I really [pause] feel horny [pause] when I look at you sometimes."

"You know when you [pause] get turned on so much [pause] that you [pause] lose control and go wild [pause] that just makes me [pause] want to make love [pause] right now [pause] don't you [wifes name]"

the commands are in between the pauses, emphasise them a little more (or less, eithers good) and theres no question mark after 'don't you [wifes name]' cause you're saying it like its a command, not a question... - for a great example of how to say this, just watch Christopher Walken.... natural born etc

when she looks at you and says What?? - smile and say 'nothing baby' - then touch her hand

even if it all seems confusing/alien/complete-bollocks to you, give it a read with an open mind and let me how you get on

edit on 6-5-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

top topics

join