It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Falling" dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Every once in a while I get these dreams, where I know whats happening. And it so happens, quite frequently, Im falling.

and i swear, it feels like I am...

does it mean anything?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Website about it

That explains it pretty well.

But I have heard people say that falling means "A spirit is in your prescence" while you are asleep.

Ive also heard that it is a side effect of slipping into some of the different stages of sleeping/dreaming.

I guess no one knows for sure, but there are certainly a lot of theories out there

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Eurgh, I hate those dreams. When I have them, it is always falling a short distance, like down the stairs, but it goes on for ever, and I feel like I'm getting heavier and heavier till the end where I jump out of my sleep.

They are really nasty, and one theory is that it is when your heart stops for a second or 2 by mistake during sleep, thus causing a palpatation, and the dream wakes you up so you are aware of it. I dont know

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What's worse is when you dream that you've hit bottom!
I've also drempt that I drowned and my spirit rose up and looked
down on my body floating in the water.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aWoman
What's worse is when you dream that you've hit bottom!
I've also drempt that I drowned and my spirit rose up and looked
down on my body floating in the water.

I have had the water one before where I am swept off the back of a boat and float down to the bottom watching the bottom of the boat get farther and farther away. I also have falling dreams where I violently shake back into my body. I never consciously remember being out of my body though.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've had both falling dreams and flying dreams. I think both are related to obe's. The falling may be from the sudden jolt back into the body and the flying are the freedom you feel when having an obe. My husband says the most profound dream, of his life, was a flying dream. He felt peace beyond all understanding and freedom beyond all undestanding. I suggested it might have been an out of body experience.
The falling dreams are scarey. Perhaps, our etheric bodies are too light to coexist in the heavy density of our planet and we have the feeling of falling back into those bodies..and a mightly uncomfortable feelign it is. Somewhat akin to what NDE's are like. Peace and comfort and then, WHAM, slammed back into the physical body.
Just my 2 cents.
joey

new topics

top topics

join