It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 YU55:The Largest Asteroid to Ever Pass Close to Earth, NASA confirm ..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

It looks like the asteroid 2005 yukk is going to miss if the vid is correct..But man does it come close to the moon..I mean a miss guidance of speed will make it have a impact on the moon..Now if this happens will we get a bunch of asteroids from the moon hitting on the earth>

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted in any of the 2005 Yu-55 threads yet so I just thought I would ask. Has anyone else noticed within the past few days or so the size of the asteroid has been changed from 400m to 200m. Does anyone have any info or reasoning for this. Just curious.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki078

perhaps it is a difference in sites?

I noticed it went up from 150m-200m to 400m a month or so ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I saw this on spaceweather.com in the Near Earth Asteroid section at the bottom. Pretty darn sure it used to say 400m as I check this site almost daily. Strange, who knows, gonna dig a lilttle more on this and see if I can find anything. Just thought I would check in here and see if anyone else noticed this or had an explanation. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

evem if it was going to hit, wouldnt the government direct NASA and JPL to do everything possible to PREVENT panic?

not to mention, NWO/Depop Elite actually want there to be an ELE event and being prepared reduces the die-off

perhaps they started with 175km then scientists exposed them and they went up to 200-300 then now 400 anyways regardless of size theres also the fact its passing between earth and moon's orbit.

and now theres the nationwide EAS broadcast, and now the PACIFIC tsunami drill too

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
YU55 Is not an earth killer, and it isn't going to hit anyway.

look around on some credible sites, no amateur astronomer has said it will hit
us either.

Relax

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b1352b9a0b8.png[/atsimg]

The image you posted is not correct. The white diagonal line is earth's orbital path around the sun. YU55's trajectory does not cross earth's orbital path at a right angle. NASA's animation is misleading.

st.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

where do ;you go to get a right simulation cause it seems like there all incorrect..??? If NASA is no good where do we look

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by SatoriTheory

where do ;you go to get a right simulation cause it seems like there all incorrect..??? If NASA is no good where do we look

If you want to know the approx. direction YU55 is travelling in, then use JPL's YU55 Orbital Viewer. If you look at the path of YU55 in the orbital viewer, it crosses earth's path at a slight angle.

However NASA's approach movie has YU55 crossing earth's path at a right angle. The white line that cuts through earth in the approach movie is earth's path.

The direction of YU55 in the approach movie should be closer to the red line shown in the image below:

The above image was created in a program called Celestia using NASA/JPL's data.

st.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ever since I heard of this asteroid I only heard about 400 meters, actually 396. I have no idea where those other figures come from, have any of you tried crosschecking?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Dalke07

This is probably nothing but I remember reading a few years ago the events of 2012 would actually start in November of the preceding year. Sure this is nothing but I am trying to get our affairs in order just in case.

i love your signature

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I, for one, am quite excited about this event.

Not sure if its the whole 2012 phenomenon, but I think we all really would like a lil excitement every now and then.

edit on 5-11-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
I wouldn´t believe any NASA calculations after they were unable to find their crashing satellite. It doesn´t mean, that asteroid is crashing Earth, but it means, that even if it does, NASA would not know anything about it

Good point!!

They named this a 'potential hazardous object', but then are also saying it will not hit Earth. Why label it as potential hazardous??

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Amandla
I wouldn´t believe any NASA calculations after they were unable to find their crashing satellite. It doesn´t mean, that asteroid is crashing Earth, but it means, that even if it does, NASA would not know anything about it

Good point!!

They named this a 'potential hazardous object', but then are also saying it will not hit Earth. Why label it as potential hazardous??

Potential they could be wrong about it not hitting earth!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

many people, particularly those in UK would write November 9th, 2011 "9/11/11" Some people are idiots just sayin'

Most people in the UK would write it as 9th November 2011, not many would say November 9th 2011.. Or simply as 9/11/11 as you say.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's going to pass above our ecliptic about 125,000 km, so that means it will miss earth by just over 200,000 km and the moon by just over 240,000 km. In 2010 yes it's size estimate was about half of the size estimate I ever read since it came back in the news this year. In 2010 that estimate was from over a 2,700,000 miles distance close approach.

Projections means it will pass by about every 1.22 years at further distances until about the year 2093 (or so), and a little bit further than this pass in about 50 years. That's what my (little) research on this asteroid has told me.

But whatever, believe what you want. FACT: it was taken off of the IAU's Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (PHA) list last pass.

Just looking for a ballpark estimate I took the JPL image data and gave it a quick diagram for lunar pass distance. When the actual figure came out it was 241,xxx something km so I'm pleased with the quick unscientific exercise.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thanks for update ..

What you think "Illustronic" how mach gravitation pull of Earth have influences of YU55 orbit, I be glad to see what % this pull have to closer pass YU55 to moon ..

www.scientificpsychic.com...

edit on 6-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Near zero measurable effect, the little asteroid may get a bit of a tug though, and those numbers are figured into it's trajectory after this pass and into the next millennium. 2005 YU55 is about a millionth the mass of the moon, at over 200,000 km distant pass, a semi tractor trailer going down a highway will have a greater tidal effect on earth, which will be offset by a similar truck on the other side of the earth. The barycenter of the mass of earth and a truck is almost exactly the center of the earth so no appreciable measurement means anything, as the tidal effect of the asteroid to earth as well.

FACT: all of the planets in the solar system has a combined tidal effect on earth of 1.7% of the tidal effect the moon has on earth if they are all added together in a miraculous hypothetical alignment. Jupiter being about 1% itself. So any alignment scenario anyone tries to sell is hogwash, rubbish, and easily over-taken during a scenario of a super new moon. You've heard of this past year's supermoon, well that means the earth is between the moon and sun, a new super moon would add the moon and sun's tidal force together, which would make that difference from the supermoon tidal force a greater force than every planet being aligned, and it doesn't cause earthquakes.

These figures are sound math because of the known gravitational drop-off percentage, and known distances, and mass estimates of the bodies in space.

Venus's closest approach in its and earth's orbit has more tidal effect than any asteroid or comet close approach to earth, its simply not an applicable figure to even estimate, it doesn't apply. How close to zero does a number have to be before it is ignored?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If mass of asteroid smaller more Earth gravitation influence have in changing original flight path ..

Some example some info for this tiny asteroid, 4 feet (1.3 meter) ..

The Earth's gravity pulled asteroid 2011 CQ1 about 60 degrees off its original flight path, they added.

www.space.com...

Predicting Apophis' Earth Encounters in 2029 and 2036

Some animation ..

minorplanetcenter.net...

minorplanetcenter.net...
edit on 6-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Hence the orbital trajectory data of that asteroid is now amended.

That asteroid was the size of an exercise ball and came within 3,400 miles. This is used with spacecrafts for a slingshot effect to increase speed using gravity of a large body, a planet.

JUNO spacecraft will make a close earth flyby to get a slingshot to Jupiter in 2013. They are going to pilot that craft to come within 300 miles of earth's surface from the distance of Mars's orbit. This will put it on a trajectory to catch up to the orbit of Jupiter from behind, and using the gravity of Jupiter as it approaches will become the fastest man made spacecraft ever as it approaches a speed of 250,000 miles per hour.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join