It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 YU55:The Largest Asteroid to Ever Pass Close to Earth, NASA confirm ..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

o00o I did not see picture on that link, sry i was to speedy posting here first picture so I did not see other ..lol

Can you post link for JAVA 3D the Jet Propulsion Lab here ..
Thanks

End i think that picture can understood in 2 way but my English is bad, but I try to explain ..

That picture I' post is realistic for time end distance of crossing plane end position of YU55, that you posted showing only how far will be YU55 from plane at moment when passing by Earth end Moon ..
So I'm steel worry for this flyby, because YU55 cross plane very close at moment of flyby at 0.0020 AU ..

End JPL from NASA is most precise info of data end graphic display but is not so nice to eye only ..
Is very practical so when colors changing of orbit (comet,asteroid) means plane crossing ..
Levy cross mach closer plane orbit of Earth only more far of YU55 ..

Any agency or program etc.can't by 100% positiv of predicting any orbit of planets, comets or asteroids so that is the bigger problem ..

Peace ..
edit on 9-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some info for stars from deep space what maybe threaten Earth

"Outer space poses a threat to the Solar System. This time it was declared not by homegrown advocates of the near doomsday, but solid astrophysicists. Earlier this year the 217th Meeting of the American Astronomical Society was held in Seattle where the most dangerous objects for our planet were named."

"With the help of The Sloan Digital Sky Survey, researchers have compiled a list of stars that may represent a potential threat to Earth, for example, by approaching the Sun and impacting objects around it."

"It turned out that of the 40,000 red dwarfs (objects of this class are most common in the universe) nearest to us, 18 are quite capable of "attacking" the solar system."

"One of the most dangerous objects is the Oort cloud, a giant bubble containing billions of ice and rock boulders. Researchers believe that these objects are constantly circulating through the solar system as comets, leaving deep craters when coming into contact with planets. They fell on Earth as well. Although the Oort cloud is located at a distance of 50,000 to 100,000 astronomical units from the Sun, under the influence of stellar gravity, planets in our solar system, including Earth, may undergo an active comet bombardment. At least, John Bochanski from the University of Pennsylvania believes this to be a possibility."

"Recently, astrophysicists John Mathis and Daniel Whitmire) from the University of Louisiana came to the conclusion that within the Oort cloud there must be an object whose mass is two times heavier than that of Jupiter's - perhaps a gas giant or a cold star. The distance to it is approximately 30,000 astronomical units. An object dubbed Tyche, the goddess of fortune, is a sister of the sinister Nemesis star. Incidentally, according to some predictions, next year the mysterious "star Nemesis" (also called Nibiru and Planet X) will destroy the Earth."

"Scientists are concerned with asteroids that have been recently frequenting Earth. Only in the past two years, a few pieces of these heavenly bodies, albeit quite small in size, fell on Earth. With the help of a telescope WISE astrophysicists hope to identify nearly 100,000 asteroids representing a potential threat. Even more serious threat comes from the Kuiper belt. This is the name of the giant ring beyond the orbit of Pluto which consists of rocks and asteroids, located at a much closer distance to the Sun than the Oort cloud - from 30 to 50 astronomical units."

"There are other dangers as well. For example, star Gliese 710 of the constellation of the Serpent. This object, whose weight is approximately 0.6 of the solar mass, is approaching the Sun at a rate of several dozens of kilometers per second and is now located at a distance of 63 light years from us. This was stated by an employee of the Pulkovo Observatory RAS, head of the kinematics and galactic structure of positional astronomy, Vadim Bobylev. He used the data on the motion of 35,000 stars closest to us, received by a European research probe Hipparcos. He reconstructed the orbits of these stars, and calculated that the probability of convergence of Gliese 710 with our system is 86 percent. Theoretically it may even get into the orbit of Pluto. However, this would happen no earlier than in 1.45 million years."

"The possibility that Gliese 710 would slam into the Sun is almost zero, says Bobylev. "But at the time the convergence of the gravitational field of passing stars can affect the objects in the solar system," he said. "First of all, the Oort cloud will be affected. There is also a fairly low probability that the star will pass so close to the Sun, that it will have an impact on the Kuiper belt."

"According to the history of astronomical observations, during the lifetime of the solar system the "outside" stellar objects have repeatedly approached it. Over the past two million years, our system was approached by nine stars. Most likely, in tens of millions of years the number of such encounters has been much greater. No one knows whether they caused the destruction of life on some planets. After all, there is a hypothesis that global cataclysms that resulted in the extinction of all things live have repeatedly happened on Earth. However, these cases of extinction and the time of convergence of stars with the solar system do not correlate with each other. In addition, it has long been known that the extinctions on our planet were not instantaneous, but lasted thousands of years."

"In addition, some researchers express serious doubts about all these apocalyptic speculation. First, the calculation error is too great, and secondly, the calculations cover a very large time span - nearly a billion years. In such a long time, according to the probability theory, only one of 18 "dangerous" stars will approach the Sun at a critical distance."

www.pravda.ru...
english.pravda.ru...
edit on 16-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
OTT tabloid coverage to freak everyone out with cool scary pic

www.thesun.co.uk...

HAHAHA
Almost choked on my coffee at that pic.
Oh the sun

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul_of_light

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Dalke07

Could debris from the Elenin comet, that the earth is passing through around the 9th Nov 'deflect' YU55 towards the planet ??

Just thinking out aloud

PDUK

thats what I was thinking. I really hope this doesnt happen

The likelihood of that is about the same as a bug hitting your windshield at 60mph knocking your car off the road. (not taking into account the driver freaking out and swerving of course) Cometary debris is normally little more than dust.

Seriously...nothing to worry about here really except for perhaps a nice view for some as it passes us by.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
JPL is showing the MOID to be lower now .0010 Au, but no update to the moon distance, prior the MOID was.0021 and the moon was .0016 Au. Just wonder what the moon distance is now?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSSCI
JPL is showing the MOID to be lower now .0010 Au, but no update to the moon distance, prior the MOID was.0021 and the moon was .0016 Au. Just wonder what the moon distance is now?

Actually - closest approach to Earth is still .0021, this is not the same thing as MOID. MOID is the minimum separation between the *orbits*. i.e. YU55 might be at that position, but it doesn't imply that Earth is there.

I have been playing with the orbit in Celestia, to my mind a lot clearer that the JPL Java applets once you have got the hang of the controls.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkstar2

Originally posted by TSSCI

Actually - closest approach to Earth is still .0021, this is not the same thing as MOID. MOID is the minimum separation between the *orbits*. i.e. YU55 might be at that position, but it doesn't imply that Earth is there.

I have been playing with the orbit in Celestia, to my mind a lot clearer that the JPL Java applets once you have got the hang of the controls.

Regards,

Hi I have the Celestia program on my pc. How do I go about finding 2005 YU55?
New to using Celestia so still learning how to use it

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

Originally posted by Darkstar2

Regards,

Hi I have the Celestia program on my pc. How do I go about finding 2005 YU55?
New to using Celestia so still learning how to use it

'Out of the box' Celestia doesn't include YU55.

What I did was to go to the Minor Planet website and get the orbital elements, then enter them into a Celestia .ssc format file. Restart Celestia and it will pick it up.

The Celestia Motherlode has a number of asteroid add-ons, but they seem to be quite old. But I used one of them as the template for the YU55 file.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkstar2

Does the celestia program agree with the JPL estimates? I am sure it must, but what about the moon miss distance? That was what I was concerned about is the effects on the moon and the earth if an asteriod this size struck the moon.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Celestia shows the pass almost exactly the same as the JPL Java simulation as near as I can tell. I'll have another go and see if I can get the estimate of the minimum Moon / YU55 distance.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Note the following is not 'official', it is the result of me playing around with Celestia. Although I have fed it with the latest elements for 2005 YU55 it may have errors in its calculations that I am not aware of.

The closest approach of 2005 YU55 to the moon seems to be about 145,000 km. This equates to 0.00097 AU or 90,000 miles, or about 85 times the radius of the moon.

This will be at 2011 Nov 09 05:57 UTC approx.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have in the past posted multiple remarks concerning YU55 and how the day we enter the debris field of Comet Elenin is the exact date that YU55 enters the debris field of Comet Elenin. That date is 11-09-11.

Once again I should mention that DHS/FEMA and or government officials will test the emergency broadcast system on 11-09-11 which I have already stated here on ATS will most likely be used to broadcast a real emergency alert regarding a potential impact on earth or the moon.

It is this already mentioned information that needs to have included just one more conspiracy theory to help everyone see and begin to understand that perhaps we are being deceived and set up for the biggest deception of all.

I will briefly explain the missing component from YU55 entering the debris field of Comet Elenin and how such an event could be used to deceive the masses.

YU55 is a real threat, because should it be impacted by any space debris or should it collide with some asteroid or debris that alters its trajectory, then and only then do we have a new scenario that needs to be mentioned today so as to help inform the masses to a potential deception that could be used to deceive the masses if and when we are told that an impact is imminent.

If we the public are told or informed by some government officials or even our POTUS on 11-09-11 during the emergency broadcast that an impact is imminent and that the impact is going to be the moon, then this is when I want everyone to consider the following conspiracy theory.

Most will not remember that NASA on October 9, 2009 as part of the LCross mission, NASA bombed the south pole moon in what was explained was a search for water. While many conspiracy theories were formulated as to why NASA was doing this, I now see that perhaps that LCross bombing the moon mission in October 9, 2009 could have been the advance preparation needed to deceive the masses in the current 2011 time frame with regard to Comet Elenin and YU55.

Should any government official declare or state that an impact is imminent on the moon then I want everyone to consider the following matters.

NASA could have already planted the bombs or whatever will be used to blow up a portion of the moon or at least give us here on earth a show to remember while government officials claim that such an impact will have devastating effects on earths tides and or weather.

Should NASA or any government official claim that the moon is going to be impacted by either YU55 or Comet Elenin, then consider that what NASA did in October 9, 2009 was the advance planting of explosive devices that would be used to give the impression that an impact occurred. Such an impact if it were to occur would most likely have some effect on the moon and subsequently on earths tides, oceans and even weather.

This would be the deception and the moon bombing in 2009 was the preparation for a false flag impact or a deliberate explosion of some nuclear devices or perhaps even more secret weapons that could make it look as if the moon did get impacted when it did not.

Should the announcement of an impact as I have described be made and should that impact be on or about 11-11-11, then it should be crystal clear to those that understand what I have just posted that such an event would be a false event, a grand deception needed as part of a larger conspiracy to deceive the masses while making it appear that a comet or an asteroid is what impacts the moon.

Lastly is the possibility that such an impact might occur on earth somewhere. If the emergency announcement on 11-09-11 states that the impact is going to be on earth, then there is already a spot on planet earth that NASA has already identified that could potentially be the future impact zone. I mention this only to be thorough with regard to the impact possibilities because either location whether it is on earth or the moon are the areas to watch and listen for as part of this grand deception.

Here is a NASA link to what I am referring to regarding NASA and a mysterious X on Google Earth.

www.youtube.com...

Here is an internet link to what the NASA LCross moon bombing mission was all about. I feel it explains the mission in simple terms that anyone can understand. Take a look and read what it was all supposedly about.

technologycribb.wordpress.com...

Here is a video link on You-Tube that explains the NASA LCross mission and some conspiratorial concerns that arose during this moon bombing mission.

www.youtube.com...

Take a look at the sources. There are plenty to select from if you need more. Just remember that if anyone states that the moon or earth will be impacted, then that should alert you to this conspiracy theory and should force you to ask, "how did they know in advance?".

Thank you for considering these thoughts.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

not sure what the moon explosions years ago mean to this? kind of old news right? more n fo..........please.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

People and numbers coincidences.

In the US, we don't write dates like that. September 11 is written as 9/11.
November 9 is written as 11/9.

See the difference?

You can't simply ignore how our language is written and interpreted in order to make a connection. Hence why the actual September 11 was not known as 11/09/01 in the US.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wouldn´t believe any NASA calculations after they were unable to find their crashing satellite. It doesn´t mean, that asteroid is crashing Earth, but it means, that even if it does, NASA would not know anything about it

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

People and numbers coincidences.

In the US, we don't write dates like that. September 11 is written as 9/11.
November 9 is written as 11/9.

See the difference?

You can't simply ignore how our language is written and interpreted in order to make a connection. Hence why the actual September 11 was not known as 11/09/01 in the US.

However, the date format PurpleDog mentions is the most widely used date format on earth.

Date format by Country

So why not use the most common date format on earth, rather than the US format?

Here is Wikipedia's Calendar Date page, quite a few 9's and Nov's (11's) on there. But again, they must be just a coincidence. It's not as if some people use symbolic messages.

st.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

DHS/FEMA and or government officials will test the emergency broadcast system on 11-09-11

will most likely be used to broadcast a real emergency alert regarding a potential impact on earth or the moon.

It is this already mentioned information that needs to have included just one more conspiracy theory to help everyone see and begin to understand that perhaps we are being deceived and set up for the biggest deception of all.

I will briefly explain the missing component from YU55 entering the debris field of Comet Elenin and how such an event could be used to deceive the masses.

YU55 is a real threat, because should it be impacted by any space debris or should it collide with some asteroid or debris that alters its trajectory, then and only then do we have a new scenario that needs to be mentioned today so as to help inform the masses to a potential deception that could be used to deceive the masses if and when we are told that an impact is imminent.

If we the public are told or informed by some government officials or even our POTUS on 11-09-11 during the emergency broadcast that an impact is imminent and that the impact is going to be the moon, then this is when I want everyone to consider the following conspiracy theory.

Most will not remember that NASA on October 9, 2009 as part of the LCross mission, NASA bombed the south pole moon in what was explained was a search for water... that LCross bombing the moon mission in October 9, 2009 could have been the advance preparation needed to deceive the masses in the current 2011 time frame with regard to Comet Elenin and YU55.

Should any government official declare or state that an impact is imminent on the moon then I want everyone to consider the following matters.

NASA could have already planted the bombs or whatever will be used to blow up a portion of the moon or at least give us here on earth a show to remember

consider that what NASA did in October 9, 2009 was the advance planting of explosive devices that would be used to give the impression that an impact occurred.

This would be the deception and the moon bombing in 2009 was the preparation for a false flag impact or a deliberate explosion of some nuclear devices or perhaps even more secret weapons that could make it look as if the moon did get impacted when it did not.

Should the announcement of an impact as I have described be made and should that impact be on or about 11-11-11, then it should be crystal clear to those that understand what I have just posted that such an event would be a false event, a grand deception needed as part of a larger conspiracy to deceive the masses while making it appear that a comet or an asteroid is what impacts the moon.

remember that if anyone states that the moon or earth will be impacted, then that should alert you to this conspiracy theory and should force you to ask, "how did they know in advance?".

www.fema.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
YU55 Impact "Certain"???

if either the earth or moon, we're screwed.

wow really?

that looks pretty darn close - Nov 8ish

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
no comet elenin debris what so ever...ANy input on this??

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It's the size of an oval?

What is it going to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join