It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I DID kill Joanna Yeates: Shock as engineer Vincent Tabak admits to manslaughter of 25-year-old land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I DID kill Joanna Yeates: Shock as engineer Vincent Tabak admits to manslaughter of 25-year-old landscape architect

www.dailymail.co.uk

The man accused of murdering landscape architect Joanna Yeates today sensationally admitted killing her.
Vincent Tabak pleaded not guilty to murder but did admit manslaughter - a plea that prosecutors did not accept meaning the case will now go to trial. He appeared today by videolink at the Old Bailey from Long Lartin prison where he is being held.

Speaking only to confirm his name and agree that proceedings should be held in English he wore a dark suit, blue tie and glasses with his hands folded in front of him.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
news .sky.com
www.independent.co.uk

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Everyone in the UK will remember the awful story of Joanna Yeates disappearance and murder last Christmas, and the subsequent fear campaign perpetrated by the UK media centres.

The reason I am bringing this story to the attention of ATS once again is to show an example of how our media believes it can treat its public.

After the discovery of Ms. Yeates' body speculation of who the perpetrator was became rampant throughout all major news sources. Several people were questioned and one man of particular interest was Chris Jefferies, Ms Yeates' landlord.

Mr Jefferies name was then subsequently dragged through the mud, and with various stories from former friends, colleagues and students of his, portrayed the man as a creepy weirdo, and therefore obviously guilty of this horrible crime. WITHOUT EVIDENCE!

Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the attitude of the MSM and here is but one example. More than this they interfered with a proffesional investigation by police, while they carried out their own macabre murder mystery story, for the drooling masses. Never mind the fact that all the while an innocent man's life was being systematically destroyed, and his privacy removed with the finest toothed comb.

Still to date Mr Jefferies has received no apology whether public or private, despite being proved innocent by both the police and now the real culprit Vincent Tabak's confession to the murder.

As per usual Mr Jefferies will now pursue legal action against various news outlets who were complicent it destroying his name, reputation, and life. As we all know throw enough dirt at something and some of it will stick. This will follow him around for some time yet.

www.independent.co.uk...

My condolences once again to Joanna Yeates' family and friends. At last justice is being done.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Spelling.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If I were Chris Jeffries I'd run around making victory dances while throwing eggs in people's faces.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Yes I remember how sky news portrayed Chris jeffries, They kept playing back this creepy face he pulled in slo mo, every-time they mentioned the story they showed this guy.

On a sad note what about this IMMIGRANT who has killed a British girl in her own home, wtf, close the boarders already, too many not nice people are coming in and exploiting our system.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I know man, it was awful.
They basically made the guys life hell and because he was eccentric, he was obviously guilty.

I remember one paper even had quotes from old teachers and pupils slating him..... and the media were making out that because he was private and "weird" that it must mean that he's a killer.

I ****ing HATE our media.... I really do.

I felt bad for the guy then..... Trial by media...

No evidence whatsoever.... and now turns out that her neighbour actually did it.....

Grrrrrr

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Seabas1123

They also made a big point of the fact that he once dyed his hair blue ..... as we all know most murderers have blue hair

Remember Colin Stagg who got accused of murder in the 90's, he was vilified by the papers because he was intrested in paganism.

The police like a weirdo to pin things on when they're too thick to solve crimes

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You guys are all spot on here, stars for everyone! I remember the comments by former students about his interest in Avant Garde film. Which of course we all know is intrinsically evil and should be treated with caution.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I remember the front page headlines well. Disgusting. It must be frightening enough being questioned for a murder you didn't commit, but then to have those scumbags crucify you
Every murder case the gruesome details they go into just beggers belief. No need for it
Must be awful for the victims families.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

You're absolutely right! We see this time and time again though.

I distinctly remember after Charles De Menezes was murdered by the police, we were told initially by the media that he was a suspected suicide bomber, and scumbags like Andy Mc Nab were defending the actions of the plain clothed officers, in their tabloid articles.

We later found out that Mr. Menezes was restrained and shot seven times in the head.

----------

If the media centres who publicly, and systemically destroyed Mr Jefferies' life, had taken a step back, waited for the police to investigate, and come to an appropriate conclusion, then they wouldn't be now sued for liable.

Of course whatever Mr Jefferies is paid will be peanuts to these guys. In comparison to the ad revenues from website hits, and newspaper sales they received by carrying the story.

Essentially what it comes down to on a fundamental level, is the various MSM outlets profited from the destruction of one man's life, and more shockingly from the death of a young woman, and her family's grief.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
After hearing about this poor girls death at Christmas, I've done my utmost to avoid anything else to do with this story until now. I like others are utterly sick of the tripe that get's irresponsibly touted by the mainsteam media and the majority of scum rags that masquerade as newspapers.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The way the MSM sensationalizes crazy crimes, is a real shame. It is tainting the jury pool the way they run around like they do.... Too much speculation and straw grabbing goes on, I remember saying similar things a few times in that past few years....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is tainting the jury pool the way they run around like they do....

If I could applaud you for that I would!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I remember Sky doing a sort of "trailer" type thing where they showed they Boyfriend then Mr Jefferies then the house and they were like there is 1 suspect. why the hell show the boyfriend then? friggin annoying MSM

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123
reply to post by dude69

Yes I remember how sky news portrayed Chris jeffries, They kept playing back this creepy face he pulled in slo mo, every-time they mentioned the story they showed this guy.

On a sad note what about this IMMIGRANT who has killed a British girl in her own home, wtf, close the boarders already, too many not nice people are coming in and exploiting our system.
How the hell did you manage to crowbar immigration into this? Not a reader of the daily mail, by any chance?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 5/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Ha ha yeah the Daily Mail are renowned for that sort of thing.

Obviously where this guy is from has no bearing on the crime. His girlfriend was also an immigrant but she actually raised the alarm and redirected the investigation onto her former boyfriend. I would suspect she will be heavily involved in the start of the trial.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123

Damn.... that's just sad.
I vote we kick you and all like you out of the country and allow more in....One-out-one-in kinda thing?
For every bigot, xenophobe and racist moron like you we kick out, we allow someone else in... I think that's fair.

Oh yeah, and then our BORDERS (Check correct spelling) won't be an issue.

Dick.

top topics

join