It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is ST6 or "SEAL Team 6"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hardcore but the SAS is still better

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SideStep

seems that the terrorists are fed from the same hand. u know its alot of work always getting new 'terrorists' if your always killing the previous ones. so just send in the elitest of elite they can f up right. osama was probably briefed with them ffs

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyFox

Lol, SAS is good
Not Tier 1 Operator Good.... but they're good at what they do.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Post Deleted
edit on 7-5-2011 by EyesWideShut because: User Error

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Good post. Though seeing the words ST6 everywhere didn't necessarily bother me, it just showed that people were either too lazy to do their homework or the public prefers the way Seal Team Six rolls off the tongue as opposed to "devgru".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Lol, SAS is good

Cool. You might want to tell that to Schwarzkopf/McChrystal/Petraeus/etcetera as they all have a total throb-on for them. Delta as well while you're at it, so that they can stop diminishing their collective awesome-ness by having SAS come along on ops.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Lol, SAS is good

Cool. You might want to tell that to Schwarzkopf/McChrystal/Petraeus/etcetera as they all have a total throb-on for them. Delta as well while you're at it, so that they can stop diminishing their collective awesome-ness by having SAS come along on ops.

If you read the thread in its entirety you'd have learned that "Delta" or (1st SFOD-D) or ACE is our other Tier 1 Asset. (And they are actually modeled after the SAS) I'm not going to turn this into a my team is better than your team debacle. I understand how patriotism can affect ones judgement and you can feel slighted for not having your team included in the reindeer games, which is source of national pride for you guys.

At the end of the day we're allies, we support each other , we go on ops together, we even crosstrain. (I've played war games with the British Royal Marines as well as the Aussie Diggers).

If you feel that you guys have the best Spec Ops in the world, good for you... you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to rain on your parade.

*If you wanna go debate further, I'm sure if you use the search function there will be a few dozen SAS vs SEALS vs Delta fanboy threads that you can necro.*

Cheers

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I understand how patriotism can affect ones judgement

I'm sure that you do. You're demonstrating this perfectly. Please point out where I said that the UK have the best "Spec Ops" in the world. You're not in a position to be calling anyone a fanboy considering the utter shoite that you're coming out with in this thread. I did read the thread correctly and I wasn't referring to DEVGRU, which funnily enough is the reason why I said Delta you spastic.

If you had read my post correctly then you'd know that I'm not interested in a "my team is better than yours" argument which is precisely what you were doing. "My team" is most definitely included, seeing as they have been under JSOC for years operating alongside Tier 1 US operators and doing things that they wouldn't be doing if you were correct.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

I understand how patriotism can affect ones judgement

I'm sure that you do. You're demonstrating this perfectly. Please point out where I said that the UK have the best "Spec Ops" in the world. You're not in a position to be calling anyone a fanboy considering the utter shoite that you're coming out with in this thread. I did read the thread correctly and I wasn't referring to DEVGRU, which funnily enough is the reason why I said Delta you spastic.

If you had read my post correctly then you'd know that I'm not interested in a "my team is better than yours" argument which is precisely what you were doing. "My team" is most definitely included, seeing as they have been under JSOC for years operating alongside Tier 1 US operators and doing things that they wouldn't be doing if you were correct.

Here we go.....

#1, I don't have to point out where you said "the UK have the best "Spec Ops" in the world" verbatim. Anyone with any sort of deductive reasoning could see that your whole

"You might want to tell that to Schwarzkopf/McChrystal/Petraeus/etcetera as they all have a total throb-on for them"

says it nicely... really bro?... "throb-on"?

You also continually call ACE, "Delta" if you read the entire thread you would have learned that "Delta" is indeed a misnomer, which is the purpose of this thread, to keep people like yourself from from parroting what you hear or read. You're the type of person that calls a 'Magazine" a "clip".

I'd also like to know what "Shoite" (I've always liked that word, "Shoite"...It has a nice ring to it) I'm talking about in this thread that isn't factual.

Then you go on to say that SAS has been operating under JSOC for years which isn't entirely true , an SAS unit may be attatched to JSOC via a Task Force, or Individual Operators maybe be in various exchange programs between us, but the An SAS unit has never been placed strictly under JSOC.

BTW, I like how you tossed "Spastic" in there... across the pond we use the word "Spaz" , but your intent is not lost and I award you +100 Interwebs.

I'm curious as to what your military background is....or what you do for a living that gives you this first hand knowledge of the community.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have a buddy in team five. He's semi retired and proctoring now. but heres what I understand from him.

seal team six still exists. It's the dedicated counter terrorist/hostage rescue force for the SEALS.

Devgru-guys that stand out from the various teams- 1 through 8 get to rotate into devgru or whatever it's being called now. they then go back to their specific units to share what they have learned or developed in devgru. the best of the best in certain skills that are most useful for what team six does get to rotate into team six for a while then they almost always get rotated back into their old units or shifted to another unit.

seal teams other than their specific tactics aren't that classified. team six is still around.

also Marcinko must be extremely proud of the pups over at six right now, thats his baby and the govt shat on him, not that he was easy to get along with, but he was almost always right and also one of he most bad ass warriors to have ever lived. even though hes still alive. looks like crap these days with horrible plastic surgery though. but he's still the man. post script-stay away from his video game (it sucks).

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
illuminaughty,

how are you going to say that the seals were bad shots or screw ups for not arresting bin laden and shooting him instead. first of all they are great shots. they shot him through the mother F!$!#^$&ing eye!!! thats pretty kick ass shooting.

second. you don't arrest and try mofo's of this magnitude. thats more trouble than it's worth.. you kill and eliminate them period. full stop end of story. strong message follows.

Don't pity the dude. it's not a we are better than this thing. it's a too dangerous to be around thing. get your head out of your rear and join reality life aint fair and nobody should ever have to fight fair. not if they have half a brain. all the people who think that we should have been fair and arrested him to play more games with him at the hauge need a dose or reality.

besides. bin laden wanted to play by big boy rules remember. and thats what he got.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

#1, I don't have to point out where you said "the UK have the best "Spec Ops" in the world" verbatim. Anyone with any sort of deductive reasoning could see that your whole

What was the point in writing "#1" here? And yes you do, but you're saying that you don't have to because you can't; because I didn't say that. My whole... what? Finish your sentence, because I've never said anything anywhere near that. You're just getting defensive because that's where you're coming from, so in your little mind I must be making the opposite argument.

"You might want to tell that to Schwarzkopf/McChrystal/Petraeus/etcetera as they all have a total throb-on for them"

says it nicely... really bro?... "throb-on"?

Yeah throb-on. They're all proper keen on them, didn't you know that?

You also continually call ACE, "Delta" if you read the entire thread you would have learned that "Delta" is indeed a misnomer, which is the purpose of this thread, to keep people like yourself from from parroting what you hear or read. You're the type of person that calls a 'Magazine" a "clip".

They're known as Delta informally and I'll be calling them Delta. I’m sure that annoys all of the walts; sorry mate!

I'd also like to know what "Shoite" (I've always liked that word, "Shoite"...It has a nice ring to it) I'm talking about in this thread that isn't factual.

Well something that struck me as being absolute tosh was something that you wrote in the OP along the lines of "Tier 2 units are who the MSM is referring to when they mention 'special forces'"; oooh mystique. A load of crap considering that most of the media reports that I've seen in which SF are mentioned in any way are on ops conducted by "Tier 1" units and refer to them as such.

You also said that SAS aren't "Tier 1 good" which is nonsense for reasons I’ve already explained, but I’d like to see your argument on this for a laugh. Also, what US unit are they equivalent to in your opinion?

Then you go on to say that SAS has been operating under JSOC for years which isn't entirely true , an SAS unit may be attatched to JSOC via a Task Force, or Individual Operators maybe be in various exchange programs between us, but the An SAS unit has never been placed strictly under JSOC.

It is entirely true. When they're attached to a JSOC Task Force they are strictly under JSOC. Had to laugh at "Individual Operators maybe be in various exchange programs", do you know where SAS were based in Iraq?

I'm curious as to what your military background is....or what you do for a living that gives you this first hand knowledge of the community.

I'm sure you are but that's no business of yours is it? Unlike you I don't feel the need to bandy around my military background like some internet badge of honour that is supposed to reinforce the crap that I'm coming out with. I know for a fact that if your alleged military background makes you an authority on this kind of thing then you wouldn't be saying what you have been saying; i.e. it doesn't.
edit on 13/5/11 by Soshh because: typo

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
S&F

This is a really good thread, one of those “deny ignorance” threads. I have done quite a bit of reading around DEVGRU prior to the events of mayday and they are hardcore. I think to call them “super elite” and describe them as some kind of ultra black unit is a bit of a exaggeration but other than that this is a very good informative thread.

I noticed that people have descended into the who has the best SF unit argument, I don’t want to get into that because quite frankly I think it’s just a stupid argument. However it is interesting that in America you have tiers of SF units but in the UK we just have UKSF, SAS, SBS, SRR I would call “tier one” but other units like SFSG, 18 Signals and possible the Para’s and Royal Marine Commando’s as “tier two”. However we don’t have our SF units ranked as Americans do, yet I think it is fair to say for example that DEVGRU is on par with SBS. Quite a interesting way of doing things.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I can't debate with you anymore, it's fruitless because both of our egos are in the way. If you'd like to go into this further PM me. If not, then I will proclaim you the winner of this pissing match. Cheers!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this up it had been driving me nuts. I remember working with a detachment from Seal Team 5 and someone asked about Team 6 mainly because it's the number after 5. The guys laughed and said there is no Team 6, if you hear Seal Team 6 it's in a movie or a game.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

Thanks for posting this up it had been driving me nuts. I remember working with a detachment from Seal Team 5 and someone asked about Team 6 mainly because it's the number after 5. The guys laughed and said there is no Team 6, if you hear Seal Team 6 it's in a movie or a game.

No problem, It was driving me nuts too ... the morning after the mission I woke up to "Seal Team 6" on every channel, I thought "where do these guys get their intel from!?!" Journalism Fail...lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You were more on the ball with that I kept thinking did they say it was team 6 or 7? The photoshopped Black Hawk down image sent the wtf into overload. I kept thinking who the hell is wearing DCU's still, tier 1 should be in multicam, this sure has been one hell of a year hasn't it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Laughable,

these guys are a joke... shooting an unarmed 55 year old dialysis patient. Yes, the elite.

We've seen the elite SAS bubble burst, in Iraq when the going gets tough.

These guys are dropped in when the odds are HEAVILY in their favour, they are never deployed
into dubious situations.

Now the Spetnaz Alpha group is is a different story... seen more real 'combat' history than western units combined. The SAS dressed as Arabs shooting civilians and planting Bombs to incite ethnic unrest, yes VERY HARD! www.telegraph.co.uk...

Big Difference from killing a few Iranian in 'slip on shoes', or Bin Laden in his slippers. We hear about SEAL team 6 successes, their failures are buried. Had this OBL mission failed, would never had seen the light of day.

In October 1985, Alfa was dispatched to Beirut, Lebanon, when four Soviet diplomats had been taken hostage by a Sunni militant group. By the time Alfa was onsite, one of the hostages had already been killed. The perpetrators and their relatives were identified by supporting KGB operatives, and the relatives were taken hostage. Following the standard policy of 'no negotiation', Alfa proceeded to sever some of their hostages' body parts and sent them to the perpetrators with a warning that more would follow if the Russian hostages were not released immediately. The tactic was a success and no other Russian national was taken hostage in the Middle East for the next 20 years,

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
illuminaughty,

bin laden wanted to play by big boy rules remember. and thats what he got.

Who is writting these new big boy rules? Where are they? Why are the rules already have not obeyed? I like the rule of law, not your big boy stuff. I don't want to be shot just for being suspect, a desire shared by nearly everyone in the world.
edit on 23-5-2011 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

My qualifications... You've probably noticed that I haven't posted any sources. The reason is simple... In the late 90's right out of high school I joined the Marine Corps. After Bootcamp and Infantry Combat Training, I reported to my MOS School 0231 (Intel Spec) NMITC Navy & Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center which is located in Dam Neck, Va , Dam Neck is ALSO the Home of DEVGRU So I'd see them when I went to work in the morning,During my time there I learned about our assets and how they were used and I also was able to talk with a few of the guys & needless to say I have the utmost respect for them. I'm glad they completed mission and all made it back safely.

Pogue... LOL

You didn't go to Infantry Combat Training, you went to MCT because you were a pogue just like me. Only went ICT if you were an 03 MOS.

I was a 5925 and then an 0211 (imagery)...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join