It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Time Blimp or UFO? No Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
About 8 years ago, I saw something highly unusual in the sky at night. But I am not certain what it was. I was taking the garbage out, and looked straight ahead in front of my house. About 4 streets away, I saw a round object that was larger than a house. (There was a small valley between me and the craft. So 4 streets away was straight accross and up a tiny bit. ) It had white lights all around it. It traveled not far above the houses. And it moved very slowly. Not a soul was around besides myself.

I just stood there mouth agape until it slowly disappeared out of sight. At first, I assumed it was an UFO. Months later, after much thought, I wondered if perhaps it was a blimp.

So how common are night time blimps at like 2AM? Round in shape, and in a residential area. And totally surrounded by lights? There was no underneath carriage or whatever you call that part that hangs down on blimps.

Sorry I don't have a pic. It would have been gone over a hill by the time I got my camera. And I was more interested in looking at it. But it is one of those things that bugs the heck out of you. What would you think if you saw this?

A few decades ago, I saw a really good parked UFO up close. Not far from where I live now. Never again could beat that one. And stupid me I still question that one too. Geez.... Also, it was seem by more people than I could count on different nights. Anyways, I rarely look at the night sky, but maybe I should, huh?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
21 century and no picture...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
About two years back I saw a similar thing at about 4am and I also
started a thread about it.

According to the replies I got it was a UFO.

Nice thread.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elconejo
21 century and no picture...

I got my first cell phones, expensive dig camera, and flip camera not too long ago. And I wouldn't have had those, but I won them all.
(I am a professional prize winner. AKA a sweepstaker with a rabbits foot stuck up my tush.) Anyways, I am now all set. Come on UFO's! I am ready!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sounds like time to make a habit of sky watching
Maybe your luck will land you the smoking gun of all UFO evidence? Lol keep those cameras at hand.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bdizzl3
reply to post by elouina

Sounds like time to make a habit of sky watching
Maybe your luck will land you the smoking gun of all UFO evidence? Lol keep those cameras at hand.

You want to know the problem I have with that? We have cloud cover the majority of the time. Sigh.... Especially at night. Totally serious. Have it right now. No wonder the UFO's like our area.

I do have another question. What objects would zip around really fast? Can a meteorite do this? That is what my husband thinks they are. Would this be something you would see lots of at the same time?

You know maybe I will give it a try. You see, I sleep during the day and stay up at night due to my work hours. I could take my cats out.
edit on 5-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
About two years back I saw a similar thing at about 4am and I also
started a thread about it.

According to the replies I got it was a UFO.

Nice thread.

Thanx for your reply.
I have been convinced for years it was a blimp. But I have never seen a round blimp. Or one with so many lights around it. (In the pictures I have looked through via google.)

When I get home from work tomorrow I will look for your thread. Unless you can point me there. I am off to bed since it is turning light out. Night.

edit on 5-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That sounds like the classic Flying Black Triangle sighting. Those are a lot more common than people think and I believe that they are ours.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
That sounds like the classic Flying Black Triangle sighting. Those are a lot more common than people think and I believe that they are ours.

But it was round. I saw both the side and the back. (It shifted directions from forward to left on a dime. A sort of L shaped manuever.) The reason I thought blimp was because of its speed. Nothing else could go that slow and stay in the air. But I always remember blimps being lit up like day. Not having lights all around it but being dark otherwise.

If it is "ours", and top secret, why would they run it out in public over rooftops? Oh gosh I am leaning towards blimp again. This is rough....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
About 8 years ago, I saw something highly unusual in the sky at night. But I am not certain what it was. I was taking the garbage out, and looked straight ahead in front of my house. About 4 streets away, I saw a round object that was larger than a house. (There was a small valley between me and the craft. So 4 streets away was straight accross and up a tiny bit. ) It had white lights all around it. It traveled not far above the houses. And it moved very slowly. Not a soul was around besides myself.

I just stood there mouth agape until it slowly disappeared out of sight. At first, I assumed it was an UFO. Months later, after much thought, I wondered if perhaps it was a blimp.

So how common are night time blimps at like 2AM? Round in shape, and in a residential area. And totally surrounded by lights? There was no underneath carriage or whatever you call that part that hangs down on blimps.

Sorry I don't have a pic. It would have been gone over a hill by the time I got my camera. And I was more interested in looking at it. But it is one of those things that bugs the heck out of you. What would you think if you saw this?

A few decades ago, I saw a really good parked UFO up close. Not far from where I live now. Never again could beat that one. And stupid me I still question that one too. Geez.... Also, it was seem by more people than I could count on different nights. Anyways, I rarely look at the night sky, but maybe I should, huh?

You saw this.

And you didn't see a parked UFO because it was't flying.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Wowza! Your video nearly convinces me that it wasn't a blimp that I saw. You see the body wasn't illuminated at all. And it had equally spaced lights around it in a large circle. Would another blimp be totally dark except for the spaced lights? And it was about 30 feet above the houses. (Just a guestimate) So anything hanging down below the body would be swiping the houses or close to hitting them. (But I didn't notice anything hanging down though.) Now this part doesn't surprise me since it was in the highest point in my city. Often we get planes that are a bit too close for comfort. And once we even had an old war plane (for a show) about 25 feet above my house. My neighbor told me she was on her basment steps praying. And I ran outside for what I thought was a unheard of earthquake for our area. It was a plane and I could see the writing on it perfectly even with my bad eyesight. The vibration even cracked my house!

And you are correct, the first time, it was an IPO. (Identified parked object.)
[
edit on 22-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
did you see the blimp in Dallas? if so then I saw almost the same thing. The blimp I saw was as big as a football field though.

Originally posted by chizeled
I actually saw a similar blimp in Dallas in 1994-1995. The blimp looked exactly like this one:
i.dailymail.co.uk...

but it also had invisibility technology like in this article:
www.smartplanet.com...

I was sitting outside at around 1-2 a.m. and looked up and noticed a small cloud, in an otherwise cloudless sky, moving unnaturally. I then looked above the cloud and saw the outline of the blimp and windows although the blimp and windows were projecting some kind of invisibility technology that reflected the night sky. The blimp lost some of its camouflage effect though as I watched it fly towards the city lights. There was some kind of discrepancy between reflecting the city lights and night sky at the same time. At one point, the entire blimp appeared to switch from being entirely lit up by reflecting the city lights to invisible again by reflecting the night sky. The little cloud that was traveling along underneath it gave it away initially but then the invisibility technology gave it away as it flew over the city. I imagine that the technology has been corrected by now though.
link
edit on 4-1-2013 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

bigger than a house

Not so big but a flat and disk shape with I assume lights all around showing up as special
Tesla bubs for side to side movement or angled flight patterns.

Any thing larger might be a cigar or large oval shape.

new topics

top topics

join