It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Feel as if We have Lived This Before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My entire life, there has always been this sense of deja vu and familiarity. Countless amounts of times, I have experienced events and felt as if I had already lived through it once before.

Now I have some theories as to why this might be.

First off, maybe our spirits wish to relive this lifetime because of the amazing amounts of historic events that have happened, are currently happening, and will be happening very soon.

Second, maybe this is our "second chance" so to speak, living through this lifetime again and granted the ability to live it in a different way and make different decisions.

Third, You tell me. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Well i have a theory of recycling atoms. When we dying we turn to dust, and even smaller atomic particles. These particles is kinda recycled, and a new person is born, still with these atomic particles that is in the universe.

This will mean that we have tiny bits of everything and everyone in us, leading to these feelings of having experienced something before. It is not you that is feeling it, but what you are made up off that is resonating with the universe.

VVV

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

wow it's funny I was talking to my friend about this today..

I've been having MAD de ja vu tooo!!!

And I heard somewhere that we've lived this life 4 times already.. Look @ the Pyramids of Egypt, they have hieroglyphs of Helicopters.. I think we have to GATHER NUMBERS and BELIEVE IN LOVE!! I don't think we did that before and it's why we failed.. I heard something about Atlantis being sunk because of Nuclear War too.. idk.. wasn't alive to confirm..

Anyway.. This time is as scary as it is exciting.. lord knows what'll happen...
Great Awakening? For SURE!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Call it Deja Vu if you will, but do you think Deja Vu can be related to string theory?

Super String Theory

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This is a concept that is worthy of consideration, but needs to be treated somewhat like you would a nervous bird. Move too fast when you are close to it, and it just flies away.

An early confusion to overcome is "spirit." "My spirit?" "My soul?" What do you think is thinking, perceiving, deciding what to do, what to wear, who to like, etc, etc? That's you! And that's it! There's no use getting any more esoteric about it because it's really all just a matter of belief anyway.

Given that, there might be a lot of reasons why a being would want to return to a place or situation where he/she'd been before. Maybe some unhandled "karma" to work out, as some like to call it.

The bigger question is: why is it so hard to remember things like this exactly? And why is it so easy to forget?

These are far-reaching questions. And your own answers are the only ones that could possibly be "right."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I have felt that, I've been able to predict minimal personal [SNIP] and yeah, I feel like i lived this before...
2nd line or third looking at my post... lol
edit on 5-5-2011 by Arsenis because: saw it later

edit on 5-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: removed censor circumvetion

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
My entire life, there has always been this sense of deja vu and familiarity. Countless amounts of times, I have experienced events and felt as if I had already lived through it once before.

Now I have some theories as to why this might be.

First off, maybe our spirits wish to relive this lifetime because of the amazing amounts of historic events that have happened, are currently happening, and will be happening very soon.

Second, maybe this is our "second chance" so to speak, living through this lifetime again and granted the ability to live it in a different way and make different decisions.

Third, You tell me. What are your thoughts on this?

We have lived here before,its very evident in the deja vus one has in life.

God has given your pathetic race a chance to see why he sent every human straight to hell, to burn forever and forever, so that you won’t think his judgment was unfair, so when you die, you don’t even have to worry about heaven.

Like god told me.
It’s a difference when your dumb and do wrong
But it’s a big difference to know your doing wrong, and you still do it any way.

Jesus died for your sins
Jesus didn’t die for you to sin.

So yea, you died somewhere in time and god is making you relive why and how your life was ,so that when your burning forever ,you wont be mad at him, so start going to church and hope that your in the 2% such as my self that will make it to heaven.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Bumped for Justice!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have a similar sense but I also feel like an "overlay" for lack of a better word to describe it.Like a previous life bleeding through.I realize as I'm typing this I should probably delete it because it sounds bent to me but wtf

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by unclesister

Wow that really resonates with me.

Previous lifetimes bleeding into this one...absolutely.

For some reason Egypt has been in my mind since I was a toddler.

One of my first memories was of me standing in a pyramid in the sand with torches on the walls.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

God just gave me a message, and he wants me to tell you that your not getting into heaven; sorry.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
now for my reply to the thread.... I have experienced a little deja vu before, but this past year it has been really heavy, but not like a 'wow this happened before' its more like a 'i knew that'. Ever since I was little too I always had a feeling a comet was going to hit the Earth, and I was always drawn to those kind of themed movies. I remember watching Armageddon in the theater when I was jut a kid thinking 'someday....'

Now I am looking at pictures from ancient history and I don't know how people don't see it coming, because it is totally spelled out for us in pictures. The pyramids from all over the world for instance, the really huge ones. They all have thick walls, and go way down into the ground.... The theories of 'Hollow Earth'... 'The underground cities where the 'Gods' live.... The stories of Atlantis and Lemuria being destroyed...

The huge Pyramids all over the world are bunkers. I never thought of that before this year, but it is obvious now. The stories of 'Hollow Earth' are about the people that retreated underground before a comet came and hit the Earth. The Atlantians and Lemurians stories of them going underground is before the comet hit. The Indian tales of Shambhala.... All the ancient tales of 'underground cities' are of people going underground and then coming back up, and the people on the surface seeing them as 'Gods'.

For some reason this just all makes sense to me now. Last fall I had a dream that 'God' was coming to cleanse the Earth; that he was on his way. This was strange since I have spiritual beliefs, but I am not religious so the whole I idea of this dream even happening for me was weird. However when I woke up, and thought about it the first thing that popped into was head was that 'God' was a comet and he was coming... Ever since then everything has made more and more sense.

So yes, deja vu...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Time is not linear.Past,present and future is happening right now,is just our comprehension that creates the illusion of time.All that feeling of Dejavu is just memories of what has already happened in the future,but with our 3D existence we are unable to understand.
Time is considered the 4th dimesnsion therefore is outside our realm of existence and we can only see and live parts of it.If we were 5th dimesional beings we would see time as what really is.

I hope it makes sense to you,because it sounded better in my head

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If time is cyclical and spiralling, and there are concentric circles, then, yes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i feel like i have lived life over and over and over sometimes.
good post. S&F....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This probably won't make any sense.

Anyway.

Had some very intense deja vu throughout life. Particularly with regards to locations that I was not in before. However the deja vu had been getting much more intense over the last couple of years in relation to everything. Over the last few weeks it has been getting even more ridiculous. Its not an easy thing to explain. This is the same for small personal happenings right out to major worldwide events.

Its getting so intense that I have to believe that some sort of shift is occuring and we are going through some change. Someone mentioned earlier how time is not linear. Thats the way I view it. As far as I see it World War 1 is actually happening now. World War 2 is also happening now. We are aware of what happened in these wars because they are in the 'past' but they are not really. We have just tuned into this moment (2011). The energy or conciousness inside each of us is all linked together. If we allow it , it will give us glimpses of everything, simply because we are all connected.

With the increase intensity of everything becoming over familar I feel like we are approaching a new point. Maybe it is the some kind of end point. Maybe it is a point we we bceome as familiar with the 'future' as we are with the 'past'. We will have the ability to 'tune in' to any point with more awareness that this is what we are doing.

I have been messing around with this a little myself. To me its beginning to seem possible to jump around a little already.

Its almost kinda like the spirit within is very much aware of all this already but somehow the physical brain and body are starting to catch on too. The brain and body are kinda going 'oh yea, spirit told us about this already'

Dunno if any of you get this.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I sort of get the idea that we've probably lived through similar events in past lives. Maybe not exactly this, but things similar enough to make one think, "Oh for crying out loud, not again!"

new topics

top topics

join