It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close did bin Laden hunter get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

How close did bin Laden hunter get?

news.blogs.cnn.com

Last June an American construction worker was picked up in Pakistan on a one-man mission to capture Osama bin Laden.

Gary Faulkner was armed with a dagger, some biblical literature, a pistol, night-vision goggles and a sword, news reports said.

What's more, the man was even on dialysis, CNN reported at the time. And yet somehow he managed to end up in Chitral, a mountainous district in the northern tip of the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 5/5/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Interesting in my optinion. Just sounds like a cool guy. I mean to trek and need dialysis and be so close to Bin LAden! We wasted billions to get that close for ten years. This one dude was real close. It talks about his mission he had his a sword! A freaking sword and some bible literature. That is just bad ass.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
another don Quixote fighting windmill

tragically sad if you ask my opinion

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What an idiot.

Not only did he not catch Bin Laden, but this guy was apprehended by the police.

And then he wants the reward

I mean I admire the man's balls, but jeez how cheeky?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

What's crazy is they would have ran into each other unless he got beheaded first. They both needed Dialysis. In a third world country. There probably aren't very many places to go for that there. They should cover at least his cost's. He had a right just as anybody else did to that bounty. Or they should apply that money to our deficit.

He may be an Idiot. But at least he believed in something. And got off his azz and went and did something about it. And I would imagine it wasn't hard for the police to track the man.
edit on 5/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by Chesster

What's crazy is they would have ran into each other unless he got beheaded first. They both needed Dialysis. In a third world country. There probably aren't very many places to go for that there. They should cover at least his cost's. He had a right just as anybody else did to that bounty. Or they should apply that money to our deficit.

I Imagine it would have been one hell of a fight actually. Much more fun than sending in the Seals.

I now change my mind. Give 'some' of the reward money to the mad bugger.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, lol I wonder what kinda sword he had. I imagine OBL would have used a scimitar
I'd of paid to watch that one.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
to trek and need dialysis and be so close to Bin LAden!
I read this a little differently than you do. I think that's what the author intended though, to make it appear as more than it actually is. The link in the article you posted, goes to this other article.

He was later moved to Islamabad and questioned and a given medical exam, which determined that he needs dialysis for kidney disease every 20 days. A source close to the family later told CNN he was given dialysis in a Pakistani military hospital and was in good condition.
What I read here is that one Pakistani Dr. said that he needed dialysis, after he was arrested. He may want a 2nd opinion.

Originally posted by Chesster
We wasted billions to get that close for ten years. This one dude was real close.

Really not so sure about this either. Is there any proof that he actually was close? Or does he just think he was? It is possible that our beloved U.S. Government knows for a FACT, that this guy did not flush out Bin Laden, because his body had already been over here in the U.S. for several years now. Even if that's not true, then there still doesn't seem to be any absolute proof that this guy actually was close.

"I scared the squirrel out of his hole, he popped his head up and he got capped," Faulkner told ABC News this week, referring to bin Laden's death. "[U.S. officials] were handed this opportunity on a platter from myself," he was quoted as saying

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, lol I wonder what kinda sword he had. I imagine OBL would have used a scimitar
I'd of paid to watch that one.

PPV . We could have gotten all the money back for the war on terror with a good pay per view.

top topics

join