It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter: New Hope Of Revolution? – Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Facebook And Twitter: New Hope Of Revolution? – Analysis

www.eurasiareview.com

But people revolt due to underlying grievances and dissatisfaction with the social, economic and political conditions of their countries, not due to a Facebook update or a Tweet. Nobody is seriously suggesting that social media alone toppled authoritarian regimes in the Middle East. However, in the aftermath of the successful revolution in Tunisia and Egypt, the role of social media, which is being celebrated as an accelerator of revolution, is being overstated. It is one thing to say that social media is a tool that can facilitate revolution; it is quite another to say social media is the fac
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 5/5/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So people, I am coming to you today to bring up a subject that some people may not want to see, but the day is slowly approaching. I am speaking off a Revolution. As citizens of this country we all feel the same, we'd all hate to see Liberty die. We all love this country that we grew in and loved. Sadly Lady Liberty is suffering greatly. And it's time to put things into motion before it's too late.
As a country WE THE PEOPLE must come together and fight against this "democracy of hipocracy"
And it's understandable that some people will look at this and laugh and bad mouth me. I encourage all comments. Freedom of Speech is just on principle this country was founded on.

I just want everyone to ask them selves 1 question
Where will YOU be for the Revolution?

www.eurasiareview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattyserna92
So people, I am coming to you today to bring up a subject that some people may not want to see, but the day is slowly approaching. I am speaking off a Revolution

The bigger question is exactly who are you going to revolt against?
In the middle east the targets were clear - a dictator who had been in power for many years (decades even) who had placed his own family in permanent positions of corrupted power.
In the USA, this isnt true. Mostly, nobody holds the same position for too many years.
Which means if you install somebody else, most likely they'll just keep doing what the predecessor did.

edit on 5-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mattyserna92

Revolution is a quite worn-out and time-tattered paradigm for change at this point. (Armed revolt is the kind I'm talking about.) But it is still a very potent concept!

So sure, let's talk about it. How could it be done in a way that would actually lead to a positive result?

In 1776 the "enemy" seemed relatively easy to spot, and was located outside our borders.

But today, who or what is the "enemy" really? Who or what should we revolt against?

Is it our government? Is it some other government? Is it a secret government? Is it some off-world force?

Or is it really just an idea? An idea that something other than freedom is possible.

What if the next "revolution" succeeded in establishing the certainty that freedom is actually the truth of our existence?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I fully agree with both of your posts. It is hard to accurately target a certain individual to be our enemy. In the American Revolution our enemy was the whole country of England so we didn't have an individual enemy in that situation. And in our situation right now we don't have that 1 enemy, we have a government that is so corrupt that it has brain washed half of this country. But realistically a Revolution would take about 3-5 years from now to create and gain support. So in my eyes the enemy is our government and the people that are in positions of power that just plain and simple, have their own agenda and don't look out for the interests of the people.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The problem I see with an American revolution is the Gun factor. Everyone in America seems to be tooled up with the firepower of a small rebel army. will there be running battles in the street between Liberals and conservatives. Fire fights between tea party members and union workers?

If your gonna have a revolution in America I suggest you try not to fight amongst yourselves, otherwise you will have civil war .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am not saying that I support your suggestive premise here.
But I would like to remind everyone that we are being watched here
by CCTV.

This would NOT be a place to discuss such matters
less baiting was involved in it's design.

Also very suspect that this is your very first post on ATS
and you can create a thread with less than 20 posts.
And you just joined today ???

yes some people do their research too

saltlakecity.fbi.gov...

edit on 5/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Go ahead.. Use farcebook and twitter. - just make sure your will is written and that you say farewell to your friends / family prior to playing revolution on farcebook / twitter as you wont be around long afterward.
Tut .. Kids these days...

new topics

top topics

join