It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the downed helicopter theory.New !! maybe i did check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So one of the helicopters went down in the raid right. And they have said it was a team of 24 or two dozen team 6 members. So my question is how did they take off in the other copper if a helicopter only has room for 11 team 6 guys and 6 service guys and 2 pilots? That would mean one helicopter holds 19 people. now add another 19 people plus 1 dead body? www.chacha.com... heres a link to how much a fully load black hawk helicopter can hold.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Its not a black hawker dude. It there were two of them new thingies maybe they all did fit. Maybe peoples MIA or something. No one knows man.

Plausible deniablility. Now how do they have PD wheneverr they claim to have watched it live. No pres would watch an operation live man. There is your real question. Obama laughs in the face of everything man. Did you see that cartoon he played the lion king about his birth certificate man. Its like he's saying hes blessed by the gods man, so screw these other people.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
So one of the helicopters went down in the raid right. And they have said it was a team of 24 or two dozen team 6 members. So my question is how did they take off in the other copper if a helicopter only has room for 11 team 6 guys and 6 service guys and 2 pilots? That would mean one helicopter holds 19 people. now add another 19 people plus 1 dead body? www.chacha.com... heres a link to how much a fully load black hawk helicopter can hold.

So did they all leave at once after the attack in the same helicopter? And are you sure it was jsut a regular Black Hawk they used either? But one thing I've been wondering though is how the helicopter went down, if Osama was unarmed he obviously could not have attacked, could he?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I thought chinook/s were involved...if so all the troops and the black hawks could be carried off by one chinook they are massive and very capable of huge payloads....18+ troops "one helo" maybe it's 24...I dunno.. if my memory serves me correct..and a chinook could "if so desired" haul a blackhawk under it , with all troops on board...
They can haul in abrams tanks....just an example of payload ability....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You can sling troops from lz from the cargo hook, it's no big deal. Done it many times for SF personal when I was flying the UH60M. It's more fun on the Chinook, because you can sling where the drop gate is located and sort of drag behind the Chinook at 800 feet in the air.

edit on 5-5-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi there,
I served six years in the Army as a UH-60A/L mechanic and Crew Chief. I turned wrenches for about six months before being selected for a flight company. I was on flight status for roughly 5 years (factor in basic training, advanced training, PCS moves, etc. and what’s left is the time left for being a solider).

Couple of things: depending on the ground commander's wishes, we could (and did) simply remove the seats (except the two pilots and two Crew Chiefs) and show horn as many soldiers as possible into the aircraft. As long as power required didn't exceed power available - confirmed by a hovering TGT check & a graph that uses air temps, altitude and torque required - we were good to go. If memory serves me right, I want to say the most we ever stuffed in was 18 PAX + 4 crew. Don't misunderstand me: these were scout guys. That means no mortar base plates, ammo cans, huge rucks, etc. I am guessing the operators who went in to UBL's 'compound' were heavy on ammo and personal weapons, light on rucks, etc. In other words, they packed for the mission at hand, not an extended stay. Does that make sense? So, the idea that a Blackhawk might have more than 11 PAX is not at all far-fetched. Admittedly 24 would pose a physical space issue as well as aircraft performance limitation issues. I am not familiar with MH or DAP versions of Blackhawks; how much they weigh, how much the extra gear affects performance, if they have higher rated engines, etc. I just don’t know. 24 pax possible? I’d bet yes. Preferable, easy or safe? No, absolutely not.

Secondly, it was widely reported that several (2?) CH-47's were involved as backup/on call aircraft. These are very large (for helicopters), heavy lift aircraft. Without question, one of these birds could lift every single person involved in the operation.

Does that answer your main question about the airlift capabilities of the aircraft involved?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

You flew the MH-60? Could you tell me the VNe, what rotor droop is (and what causes it) and max transient TGT (at sea level)?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

No, sorry to correct you. CH-47's can sling two hummers, the big artillery tubes (and ammo).......even a Blackhawk. They can not, sorry to say, lift a tank.

If I remember correctly, 1 C-5 can lift 1 M1. It might be two but, you get the point =)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That chopper was set ablaze to burn it so that the tech contained therein could not fall into enemy hands.

top topics

join