It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros orders an emergency sell off, but the dollar is still tanking fast!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Gold, Silver Drop as Soros Fund Said to Dump Precious Metals

I've included a chart of the Swissy below. The Swissy is a good reminder of where the dollar is, as it used to be the only currency to have any percentage backed by gold. Now news is flooding in that even Mexico is shoring up on gold.

This is a fast demise of the dollar, a lot faster than most people expected.

The only problem I have with this is the OBL curve ball. I'm not looking forward to what else US intel will be pulling out of the hat to postpone the dollar's dying process. Unfortunately, after looking at the technical analysis for the S&P, the stock market might beat the dollar to the punch line.

Hold onto your shorts folks, Thursday and Friday will be a messy ride.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7b4bfc6d553.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 5-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Perhaps the true collapse is upon us. Lets hope this does not happen because i think it will be chaos in the Westernized Countries if this does indeed happen.

Weird the Canadian Dollar has been worth a lot more than the U.S Recently and i was shocked by that because that is unusual the U.S dollar is always higher usually. Now i'm sure the Canadian Dollar will crash along with the U.S if this does happen. Our Economies are too closely tied for that not to happen.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I know what you mean. The Canadian has been stronger since December of last year. I get a laugh when I pick up a magazine and still see it costs more in Canadian dollars.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Perhaps the true collapse is upon us. Lets hope this does not happen because i think it will be chaos in the Westernized Countries if this does indeed happen.

Weird the Canadian Dollar has been worth a lot more than the U.S Recently and i was shocked by that because that is unusual the U.S dollar is always higher usually. Now i'm sure the Canadian Dollar will crash along with the U.S if this does happen. Our Economies are too closely tied for that not to happen.

yep but not right away hopefully I'd be surprised if the euro doesn't go too
looks like its check mate by Soros and TPTB they always said they preferred communism.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
hope this get more attention than my attempt

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ppl here dont seem to get the fact the USD could implode any day now. I guess when they get to the store and see a loaf of bread for a thousand bucks it'll kick in.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yup...
the peelers in Kamloops dont love me the way they used to...
used to be I'd show up and peel off $100 USD in $1 bills, I had the whole house's attention.
THOSE days are OVER!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
BTW if anyone wants to watch the US$'s demise in real time, here is the link...
$ value real time

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
hehe
IMHO
if Jp Morgan lets it get over their share price they would be in trouble
soros is selling off paper I bet
I doubt he is selling physical
they have to hammerthis down becasue of their shorts
but if that volumn of sell off only hammers it down this far that means it is still pretty strong

WE used to be joke about if you want to get laid
eau de bifstake or roastchicken and taters # 5 would work great
and that was only a recession

when in doubt
invest in your fridge
rapalas and red devils
and learn how to make wine on the counter top with bread yeast
I always say

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
BTW if anyone wants to watch the US$'s demise in real time, here is the link...
$ value real time

Well... According to that, the Soros move must have worked for the time being. The dollar is going up - if you can believe this info, of course. [smile]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How should we prepare?

Is this why they released the false OBL news? To distract us from the falling dollar?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm reading now the dollar is rebounding this morning

money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Oil prices plunged as much as 7% Thursday as weak economic data and a strengthening dollar drove crude sharply lower.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TurboFart

One day it is up, the next day it is down. They tell us on one day that things are looking up, then the next day all those gains previously spoke about are gone again.

Improvement is not two steps forward and three steps backward.

Let it crash, I am ready and quite honestly can get by without those green backs. TPTB depend on them more than I do.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why is the dollar rebounding?

This is $#@$@#$ awful

I was hoping that all of my savings would be worth nothing

by sundown

#$%$^%$!!!
edit on 5-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Why is the dollar rebounding?

This is $#@$@#$ awful

I was hoping that all of my savings would be worth nothing

by sundown

#$%$^%$!!!
edit on 5-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

common be patient you know its not that easy China is stil fighting hard to prop it up at least until they can dump a bit more of their 3 trillion

Seriously tho if the dollar keeps tanking and i think it will after Soros is done shooting his load watch how fast America crumbles.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is a big part of the reason for the dollar being up right now...

www.marketwatch.com...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — The U.S. dollar rose by the most since January against the euro and pared losses versus the Japanese yen Thursday, after European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet omitted the kind of comments that traders were expecting to indicate another rate hike forthcoming for the euro zone.

But...I don't see it holding on for an extended period because of this...

www.marketwatch.com...
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (MarketWatch) — The evidence of a double-dipping housing market and economy are becoming undeniable, even to those who cling perilously to the notion that government intervention has been a salve instead of a poison.

Also add to the mix, though there is a huge sell off in Commodities today, once the flooding of over a million acres of US farmlands catches up with the markets, it will be a Huge! upswing in Commodities.

900,000 acres of farmland in Mississippi
www.mpbonline.org...
130,000 acres of Missouri farmland
www.kfgo.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the article, it was a good read. I don't know what the hell is going on with the markets this week. I've never seen anything like it! I'm actually pissed off I was supposed to unload some silver this week and it tanks
. I've been in since the teens so I guess I'll just continue to hold for the long run. The markets def went up wayyy too quick, but on the other side silver is so underrated and undervalued there is no way the price ISN'T being manipulated. Plus the comex raised margins 3 times last week. That seems so shady and it seems like they are purposely trying to get anyone who can't afford the margin to get dropped, which is probably the middle class. Crazy times we are living in and I still can't stop hearing about OBL! Obama is in NYC today I bet that will look good for his re-election. Hopefully the dollar tanks before that point and then people can feel the real pain of what's going on. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A few days ago, gold was at 1,560 I believe. Now its at 1,474 on market watch, and still falling. Oil also fell below 100, its at about 99 right now and still falling. www.marketwatch.com...

USD Index is jumping around more than usual I believe today to.www.bloomberg.com...:IND

Low - 72.81 High- 74.22

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Silver fell -11.30% today, WTF!?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stigup

It has to be being manipulated in some way. When just back last week AMPEX was sending out emails to its customers offering to buy back silver at $3.00 over spot! That wouldn't happen unless there was a true supply issue. The link I am posting is to a silver forum. But, I came across the story on another forum all together with several people claiming to have received the email

silverliberationarmy.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The dip has been more severe than previous dips. but if you use the same charting tools and drag it out 5-10 years... you notice a pattern.

IMO, now is a perfect time to dump precious metals to get historic values. Then buy again when the Dollar strengthens. From an investment standpoint.

PS. The Dollar probably bottomed out, and if we take the drop in commodities as well as equities this week, it's highly probable that we will see a dollar strengthening.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join