It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lookin for idle conversation?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It is often heard that if you find a person with no friends there is probably a pretty good reason for it. The suggestion seems to imply that there is something wrong with a person with no friends. What do you think about that? Is it possible a person could have no friends without being some kind of bad person? What about people who are perpetually victims and seem to always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop without seemingly deserving it. Are some people cursed? Is there such a thing as chronic bad luck? Is it a matter of attitude? Are they paying some kind of karmic debt from a previous life? Are they being testing? Is it the choice of their eternal soul to come to the game of life with all the cards stacked against them, just to experience being crapped on for a whole lifetime? Are they special people who the forces of darkness puts special effort into trampling down so they never reach their potential? Are they delusional, imagining themselves to be victims when in fact they are rotten people?

Why is it that psychopaths and evil people can have many friends and companions, and a good person can have few or no allies in life? Why is it that people tend to celebrate those who are liars, cheats and thieves while the victims are looked down upon? Society abhors losers, and celebrates winners, even if they won by cheating or cruelty. Why?

...at least this isn't about avatars...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Ive neglected my online poker these past few weeks,too damn busy..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

i know exactly what you mean

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

i guss because nowadays bieng the bad guy is cool,d i dont understand it...If you dont sell dope,were stupid clothes,rap,or slap women your an outcast in society,at least in my city...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by 0001391

i guss because nowadays bieng the bad guy is cool,d i dont understand it...If you dont sell dope,were stupid clothes,rap,or slap women your an outcast in society,at least in my city...
Excuse my spelling!lol i rushed

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

well i rap, and used to grow and sell weed,im still an outcast and a black sheep,whats cool is being ignorant and or stupid,and following the trends, but in the real world that isnt true,most people live in fairy land

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

i rap too,im in mma and had close ties with the Zetas cartel members here in my city and in mex..but if i had to choose between bieng ignorant and cool or an educated loser id choose the latter,always.im not judgemental like that though,hell ill chill with anybody as long as they arent ignorant..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

you can hear my cuts on youtube look up cujo creep

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

where you from?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

from seattle but stay in san diego by the border

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

thats koo, u ever go down to TJ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

not in years, too dangerous now

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Man, I've had some adventures in TJ! Good times good memories!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I saw an episode of "Gangland" about the Zetas...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So what's the rumpus?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
It is often heard that if you find a person with no friends there is probably a pretty good reason for it. The suggestion seems to imply that there is something wrong with a person with no friends. What do you think about that? Is it possible a person could have no friends without being some kind of bad person?

It's absolutely possible. In fact, it's perfectly delightful! The deal is that you have to do it intentionally and bring a kind of discipline. You must really choose this path (you can modify it if necessary as time goes on) but you must be serious and one-pointed. It can't be you laying around in your underwear all day eating fritos and reading camus and having some kind of self-indulgent existential angst. No. That's just wallowing in ignorance. Instead you have to design and follow an almost military or hermetic routine. Cold showers, strenuious workout, spiritual cultivation of some sort, pushing yourself to study something challenging, etc etc. You have to abandon all self-consciousness about it and just do it. You don't even have to tell anyone else this is what you are doing. Don't be showy or make a big deal, then you slide back into the same old BS. Just quietly go about your business. Read up on famous hermits of different traditions...ancient Christian Desert Fathers, other religious figures from Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism...its not a matter of belief with this so much as a way of being. Read the Russian book The Way of the Pilgrim for example. Choose that kind of life for a short while, a year, two years, whatever it takes. Or maybe even forever.

You know, sometime in the 1700s I think it might have been, a group of sailors found a man alone on a tiny desert island in the South Seas. He was a marooned European sailor, and was the only one to survive the crash of his ship some forty years earlier. He had been alone on the island for 40 years, with plenty of food and water and nothing particular to do. The crew that discovered him offered to take him back to Europe with them but he absolutely refused. They described him as extremely happy, peaceful, and glowing with good health.

What about people who are perpetually victims and seem to always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop without seemingly deserving it. Are some people cursed? Is there such a thing as chronic bad luck? Is it a matter of attitude? Are they paying some kind of karmic debt from a previous life? Are they being testing? Is it the choice of their eternal soul to come to the game of life with all the cards stacked against them, just to experience being crapped on for a whole lifetime? Are they special people who the forces of darkness puts special effort into trampling down so they never reach their potential? Are they delusional, imagining themselves to be victims when in fact they are rotten people?

I don't have an answer to these kinds of questions. If I thought too much about them I'd go insane so I just lower my head and keep slogging ahead. Maybe that's not the best way to deal with it but that's the best I've ever been able to do. At this time and place in my life, that's fine. Maybe later I'll figure it out, maybe not. Let me know of you figure any of this out...chances are neither of us will....

Why is it that psychopaths and evil people can have many friends and companions, and a good person can have few or no allies in life? Why is it that people tend to celebrate those who are liars, cheats and thieves while the victims are looked down upon? Society abhors losers, and celebrates winners, even if they won by cheating or cruelty. Why?

It's not always that way but one thing is true when it comes right down to it power is power and thats really all there is to it. I don't particularly like it either, but we don't get to make the rules.

How do you think we humans got to the top of the food chain as a speicies, anyway? It wasn't by holding hands and visualizing positive vibes, I can tell you that.

We all live by the sword in one way or another and we all die by the same sword later somehow. Those who think they are exempt from this iron law are lying to themselves.

edit on 5/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey, just joined figured I'd say what's up. And seeing as music was mentioned, this is some real hiphop.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Negothap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

i know bro i went to sinaloa and zacatecas last month,the towns look like warzones in afghanistan..blown up buildings n sh!t.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Negothap

thats song alright,you wanna hear some real truth music look up diabolic,immortal technique and lowkey.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by Negothap

thats song alright,you wanna hear some real truth music look up diabolic,immortal technique and lowkey.

I listen to them, I like payday far more than diabolic and IT. They're good but paydays on a whole nother level. Lowkey is really good too, actually listening to him right now. Mr Lif also has some really good stuff too, as well as KRS1 ofcourse. Too many to name really, but Paydays my favorite.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join