It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Greenhouse Effect Documents??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Okay...I just got back from having dinner with a friend of a friend at my favorite sushi bar....apart from having a few shots of saki and some kirin, this guy was real character - he brought up an interesting subject and I'm going to try to paraphrase it here...I'm interested in your thoughts and take on this...

He claimed that he was on a commision in the 80s that researched the potential hazards of the greenhouse effect on our environment - it started with a three year research team in the 80s, during the rise of the Bush family, then was given an additional 5 years under Clinton - when Bush stepped in he pitched the findings and replaced it with oil research...but supposidly for a brief 48 hour period a report of their findings surfaced on the internet that basically stated, from a group of highly respected scientists, that our planet would last in its current state for another 90 years - Not too long after this, Bush upped the allowed production levels of CO2 to 40%, thus cutting our time in half...

Here's a link to the organization this man claimed to be a part of - he says he still gets current updates on the situation and things aren't looking pretty - he even said that Kerry made several references to this study in his speech last night....he appearently knows about this, and if Bush is re-elected and remains ignorant (HAHA!), then our planet is pretty much doomed

I'm not the kind of person who takes what someone says for face value, which is why I'm posting this, but I'm wondering if he's right - of course certain natural events take place, but our society is only advancing the potential outcome

Mods, please don't trash this as re-hashed material - this deals specificly with the possibility of this hidden report existing and I'm interested to see if anyone else has heard about this

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well you've provided a link to an organization but no documents. Without them nobody can analyze the information. Could just be lobyist porpaganda for the nuclear power industry.

I DO remember that Bush trashed a report and finding from the US gov't Climate Change taskforce and there has been many shenanigans surrounding energy policy and science policy generally.

I would not discount the story outright, but I sure would like to see that report.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Well you've provided a link to an organization but no documents. Without them nobody can analyze the information. Could just be lobyist porpaganda for the nuclear power industry.

Exactly! You see, I don't know if this guy is all hot air or just some PR guy for the Kerry admin....it would make sense to hit up the anti-bush population in Tallahassee, but someone who smokes weed?!? lol - I dunno......it's definantly possible, but I wonder if he's not just some power player being used for public opinion...in which case he's just playing into the hands of tree-hugging liberals....

But even after he went on his little "spiel,"...he claimed to not be a tree-hugger.......who knows....I guess it all could be BS - lol

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well there's no reason why the US Govt couldn't have commissioned an independant study into global warming. But there wouldn't be much point in covering it up given the fact that the IPCC (inter-governmental panel on climate change) reports are available to everyone in the world to read and it's from these reports that we get the likes of Kyoto.

www.ipcc.ch...

new topics

top topics

join