It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood of new members happening now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Yeah I notice somebody bumping all the introduction threads but I see no harm in this. (he might consider embedding that "welcome mat" pic into his posts and add a few lines of text but who am I to judge)

As for the increase in new members:

New member accounts: Past 24 hours: 198
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 1,063
New member accounts: Past 30 days: 3,848
New member accounts: Past Year: 36,727

200 a day, 1000 a week, 4000 a month, Seems pretty much in line with the previous months....

Peace

If I am to rely on those numbers that you posted, I would have to say those numbers prove an acceleration in membership. 36,727 divided by 12 is roughly 3,060, which is less than 3,848. As well, 3,848 divided by 4 is roughly 850, which is less than 1,063. Also, 1,063 divided by 7 is 150, which is less than 198. As well, 198 multiplied by 7 is roughly 1,400. 1,063 multiplied by 4 is roughly 4,200. 3,848 multiplied by 12 is roughly 48,000.

As well, 198 multiplied by 365 is roughly 73,000. If I went by yesterday alone, I would say that is double the activity.
For the last week, 1,063 multiplied by 52 is roughly 55,000.
For the last month, 3,848 multiplied by 12 as I said is 48,000. So... for the last year having only 36,000, it would appear that ATS is gaining popularity.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

“There's not a chat room out there or a forum that isn't Top Heavy with agents.”
Alan Watt January 15, 2010

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I joined on 5-1-2011 a few hours before the bin Laden news. Also, slayers "infiltration" thread is probably the first thread I was following and posting in regularly. I felt i had an interesting point of view seeings the thread was started that day, and i had joined on that day. Although, like i said, i joined before the bin Laden story even broke by at least 6 hours.

I've been a reader of ATS for years but for some reason sunday was when i decided to finally sign up. Which, now that i think of it, I don't know why. Boredom most likely, but who knows.

In the past i usually just read ATS to try and find answers to questions i had regarding a wide range of topics. I never felt compelled to join because when researching conspiracies or conspiracy theories, I usually operate under the mindset that evidence > my opinion. So i generally just used this site as a way to find sources that i may not, and often times haven't, known about.

But that brings me back to why i decided to join. Did i suddenly think my opinion is more important than i previously have? No, not consciously at least. Maybe one of the previous posters was right regarding cosmic rays, or the sun. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Context

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yes, because of the large amount of threads made on ATS since Sun. that come up in the searches. Giving way to new people trying to find out about their suspicions. I've noticed that there's less people on ATS at the moment as compared to the past few nights. More new members, but will they stay after the fact...
Not saying anyone in particular(newer members) is an agent, but current events could bring more heat to the site by those types.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkMan11

A good imagination puts a lot of apparent evidence in the bin.

Evidence is only evidence... it should not trump your imagination, but it should work with it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hi folks .
I am a "newb" myself . I too have noticed an influx of new members .
Please be aware that not all new members are mindless posters . Some of us have been treading the same paths as you , for years .

Highest Regards.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I imagine a lot of the veteran members are trying to stay away from the flood until it passes.

Can't say as I blame them entirely... It's like getting a new employee at work.

You just know you're going to have to go through the same training routine again.

Except now, it's a whole lot of them at once!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I thought "New member accounts: Past Year: 36,727" was from Jan/May 2011......My bad.

When you look at the graphs it indeed shows an influx in new members since last month. I guess Japan, BC and OBL had something to do with that....

Peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
Hi folks .
I am a "newb" myself . I too have noticed an influx of new members .
Please be aware that not all new members are mindless posters . Some of us have been treading the same paths as you , for years .

Highest Regards.

I personally only use my imagination and the content of a message.

If you're SkepticOverlord or BlueLightRain... doesn't matter. If you got something good to add, then do it.

And don't hold back. If I hadn't started this thread on a whim which turned into one man's desperation for chat, I wouldn't have had the motivation to make the thread about the same topic on a less imminent level.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Yes, I understand. Believe me, my imagination can get wilder two badgers procreating in a tube sock. I just know that I am not an authority on any subject, except maybe music. So I usually try to avoid posting something, or saying something until I feel i have a clear picture of the subject I am researching, or an aspect of it.

But I also enjoy my fair share of speculation, my choice is just to usually keep those opinions to myself.

All that being said, I don't aim to sound like I am claiming that the behavior I choose is the behavior others should adhere to. That would make life, and this forum unimaginably boring.

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I welcome them all with open arms, big and small, men and women of all ages nations races creeds and dispositions. Bring them bring them bring them, let the floodgates open, let more eyes open. Let the remote controls topple from fat fingers. I welcome you you and you. Yes, even you who will hate me and what I am and do, I welcome all of you too for you are the gadflies at my conscience and the little voices who make me reexamine what I think I know. Throw the gates wide, prepare the banquet halls and strike up the tunes, welcome welcome welcome!!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Star.

Mind if I use that as a quote? I will give you credit for it, as is deserved.
edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Because i can

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
to TarzanBeta

I was really starting to ask me questions about ATS

first the subject, I noted certain subject are completely sidelined we must dig deep to find them.

Secondly subjects themselves are always returning to the same subjects with different title ... everyone has an opinion to give to everyone,so they creates a subject, sometimes I feel like i'm on facebook or twitter, this is minimal, poor research, simple quote without giving his opinion.
I would not make a generalization but the participation of some member sometimes leaves me speechless ... it's the short answer ... no research on the subject ...... aggressive, criticism unfounded ... and very often it comes from new members.

What strikes me also is the lack of humanity from some member , how they respond and defend their opinion, of course everyone is free, but there is something wrong, there are still a few years I never thought that I would read
many post rasciste, homophobic, antisimit, false subject to sow doubt, when we looks more closely we realize that there is no reflection and it's pure wickedness ... very few meaningless sentences, after the person does note come back not even to explain why ,and again it come very often from new members.

Finally yesterday I read a post that ATS had censored a subject, the person in question had said ATS was a fraud, and even that was maybe the CIA ...
who personally I do not care if the CIA is behind all this at least they they know what will really think of them ... if it is a battle, so here we are in and so it was time to leverage what we learned.
for the moment the only thing I see is that ATS is, especially in recent months, full of gossip and sensationalism post... just like on TV, so if it continued i will do like for TV, I turn it off.

edit
to silent thunder

yea evreybody is welcome ...in respect and the desire to evolve the ideas ... and not to transform it into a farce
edit on 5-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is because many people are Waking up and beginning to realize that what is happening in and around this world is leading to some great change in the coming months.They can see that the disasters and the uncontrollable situations are beyond the governments of the affected countries are going to affect their lifes and their children's future.The outlook of the nuclear problems and the dieing of birds,fishes animals,bees are causing concern and fear of what will come to pass in people.
This is why many people are beginning to search for possible answers by going to forums,Many are also trying to find information on how and where they can survive the great earth changes that they have heard about. They know that the media is being manipulated and the will not be told the truth.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkMan11

Thanks for the positive feedback and welcome yourself! Feel free to quote away if you like...I'm flattered.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

vvvvvvvvv

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Oops

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I signed up the day the news broke to chime in on my thoughts. This whole thing is B.S. and I've never trusted the government at all. It infuriates me when I speak on this because some people get deceived so easily. We need to pool our resources and investigate this ourselves.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You're sort of stating the obvious here. There's always a flood of new members when something big happens in the world. That's just the way it goes. As many have already said here, sometimes the event acts as a catalyst to get long-time readers/lurkers to sign up. And sure, some might be agents, but so what? That's just the way it goes too. Much ado about nothing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The thread made a slight turn away from what I perceived to be an imminent
Rising to noticing and directing everyone in the direction I know to be best.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join