It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood of new members happening now.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am interested.

I find it hard to believe that TPTB did not see this coming.

What is their motive in allowing such questionable acts knowing full well the human response?

Witness the flood of Introductions. Go to "Recent Posts" tab and see for yourself.

People are "waking up"... but why do they want that? I have a feeling that the game is just beginning.

I would also like to make a side-note for those old and new members alike.

It would be most appreciated if responses were limited to some form of information that is at the very least
slightly enlightening with regard to knowledge or wisdom. It gets boring to read through threads with the entirely too social mentality of "Here is how I feel at this moment" sentiment.

The battle of wits is beginning. If we truly wish to allow ATS to be at the front of this challenge, we need more focus.

This is an EDIT: I am just letting everyone know that we found the apparent original anomaly. However, it is true that the most recent events have caused a surge in membership, so the meaning of my thread has not changed.
edit on 5/5/2011 by TarzanBeta because: BlueLightRain

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I noticed it and than realized one member is going through the intros and bumping them all so they appear at the top of recent posts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

He's clearly trying to get his posts up, his record shows mainly posts in intros.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

How come I can't find the intro posts? I'm new I should be able to, right?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I just came from GLP, I can confirm what he or she's saying. There was like 100-400 new members there, they are flooding in.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I recall Slayer69's question as to the authenticity of new members.

SkepticOverlord made it clear that they had found no questionable activity.

I base my interest on this premise.

If I, a lowly serf, am capable of discerning this, then those with all the tools at their disposal surely have planned every great move one step ahead.

Whether it is a benign or malignant force I am challenging I still do not know. But I do know that lying to an entire people for a certain amount of time eventually has its consequences. So therefore the result is not necessarily planned, but it has been assumed.

They want to trap people into questioning all the conspiracies.

This couldn't possibly be a show of power - a message that they know they have won... could it?

Their arrogance takes them far, but are we capable of using their arrogance against them? I am reminded of countless movies where the villain always reveals their entire thought process before they execute their victim.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

I see.

There must be better ways to get someone's post count to increase, such as contributing.

Would someone really go to such silly lengths to be able to participate in other areas of ATS?

What seemed to be interesting now might turn to be not so interesting... I will see.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

ptb persona software playing games...

or beginning of shift of consciousness (due to increased solar activity... the brain being an emitter/transceiver of electromagnetic waves, so why not ?)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hmmm. I've been posting links to ATS threads on my FB like crazy since the EQ in Japan. I have a friend who is pretty popular here in my area (on FB), I traded links with her on the OBL video, told her it was bogus and linked her to as to why I conclude such--->>>to ATS. Maybe she went crazy like I have.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Many of them seem to be new in the last few months, but the guy is definitely trying to get his post count up. He's posting in a thread called "I want to get my post count to 200"

Lame.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The member's name is BlueLightRain.

With a "Welcome" mat message to all new members.

Sounds silly that I didn't notice that little tid-bit.

Clicking a few of the introductions, I found that the dates so far exceeded April 6th, but I would suppose that there would be at the least a few introductions a day.

My previous statement regarding our posts still stands. I usually don't make threads, so I felt this one piece important considering the new development regarding Osama bin Laden's alleged assassination.

There is so much garbage surrounding this topic that anyone can see plain as day, for once, that nothing adds up. I assumed that this meant that there would be a flood of new members, and I believed I noticed it at this time.

Now to question the intent of this BlueLightRain.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I love how you're on to the exact same suspicions as I was so I'm not crazy. The member is the same guy and he's either doing it out of boredom or...

At first I thought it was an outside attack to flood the forum and hide the real news.
edit on 5-5-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

He seems to be passed 200 and it's slowed down.
edit on 5-5-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I consider those of us who have registered as members on ATS are among the top 1%ers. The rest of the planet bounces from one network to the next, I'm glad to see this one percentile climb.

Plus, some of our most recent newbies are really good contributors...

Let's be kind to those who are fighting to get to the truth of it all, and share.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I just started posting, but Ive been reading this site for years

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yeah I notice somebody bumping all the introduction threads but I see no harm in this. (he might consider embedding that "welcome mat" pic into his posts and add a few lines of text but who am I to judge)

As for the increase in new members:

New member accounts: Past 24 hours: 198
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 1,063
New member accounts: Past 30 days: 3,848
New member accounts: Past Year: 36,727

200 a day, 1000 a week, 4000 a month, Seems pretty much in line with the previous months....

Peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
sorry guys, just wanted to get to chat so I can get into conversations my buddy from work and his friends get into. I do contribute, its just i am usually working off a phone so posting is not so easy. You all get sketched out way too easily...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Thank you for joining this fine community. And the warmest welcome I can give you, straight from the heart.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Beyond kindness, we must also be on our toes.

Do not allow one's reasonableness interfere with our own ability to reason.

Having said that, BlueLightRain will not respond to my U2U, if BLR even understands that I sent a message.

So there is certainly an increase in membership, but this is something everyone already knew.

Well, I jumped in head first. Might as well continue. The flood isn't happening Noah style, but the waters are certainly rising. I guess it's time to start taking this seriously and take a hiatus from being a voyeur of insanity.

I believe that the recent events are power moves designed to prove to all of us that they are completely in control and we are not. I believe that it is a warning to those who discern and candy to those who do not.

They know we know. They will trap us in our own sins and hang us with the rope they gave us.

The next step is to silence the media on the topic to a certain degree and show us more interesting news. Look for more dramaticism towards tropical weather, which is natural for the coming season. Look for more dramaticism concerning sicknesses, which is also cliche. These will bait a lot of the people who "fell from grace" due to recent events.

Then watch as conspiracy theorists are given a flood of information, good and bad, too much for any large group of humans to work together, upon which we will never completely agree.

It's only been building.

The market is going to crash. This will send most people into a state of disarray because even most conspiracy theorists are still too jaded by reality to realize the fairy tale of our service based industry to know how to survive on gravel and woodchips.

For those who somehow withstand that blow, they most certainly have decided to take charge of key areas within the country which would limit peoples' access to foods in the name of "protecting the innocent", but in reality, to provide for whom they choose.

It will be more pen than rifle, but it will be done. And it is all speeding up.

Logic tells me the importance of the Royal Wedding is to know who the entire western world's next figure-head(s) will be. Who has ever espressed dislike for handsome William and his new wife?

Logic also tells me that because money itself is meaningless, following the money is not necessarily the way to find who is in power.

Those who have the money are in debt, remember? Therefore, being that much in debt, they must be servants.

Follow the power. Who has more say over the actions and voices of this planet?

Humans are a spiritual people. Many follow the Pope. Many follow the President of the United States (regardless of his lack of Paper-power). Many follow the Queen. Many follow Steven Hawking, and Michio Kaku, and Alex Jones.

Those who have people behind them require not money because people give their attention, and therefore, whatever they have to those idols.

Find the person who sits in the place of a respected idol, and you will find who is ordering the errands be done.

To whom does the queen answer? To whom does the pope answer? Now who answers to all these?
The elite government, TPTB, they are a people who still answer to someone. You know this because they work within the bounds of the human framework. And the people who decide what this framework is are the people who inside themselves believe this framework to be true. Billions believe in the Pope. Billions believe in Allah and His prophet Mohammed. Billions believe in "Me and My Own." And we learned recently that Americans were just as enthralled with the Royal Wedding as the rest of the world... because people believe in themselves to be kings and queens and god's favorite. People have become spoiled, and thus, opposite of humility.

This framework is what TPTB have to abide.

Our only weapons are wisdom, knowledge, foresight, courage, and most of all, humility.

Sounds all fantastical if you think it is, but if you know it is real, then it has to start somewhere.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
sorry guys, just wanted to get to chat so I can get into conversations my buddy from work and his friends get into. I do contribute, its just i am usually working off a phone so posting is not so easy. You all get sketched out way too easily...

It is quite alright.

You were an unwitting catalyst and I unwittingly reacted.

But you realize........... any discrepency at a conspiracy website is likely to be pounced.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Nevermind...
edit on 5/5/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join