It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was fallen Helicopter actually Pakistani Military NOT American?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There have been reports from the Chinese that Pakistan actually killed Osama and US swooped in to snag the body. An Article here states that Chinese report it was Pakistan.

Normally, I would not care about the discrepancy. However, US is speculating from pictures of the fallen Helicopter hat it is a new helicopter that no one knoes about yet. Could it be secret? or was it just Pakistani military?

Maybe an expert can explain.

Article here.

Picture here.

Let me know your thoughts. Is this picture a new unheard of Helicopter or proof Pakistan was there first?

AAV
edit on 5-5-2011 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Scroll this thread to see that it is a silent hawk.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There is a bette picture of the chopper here: WARNING also contains death photos
punditpress.blogspot.com... fied-men-in.html

It looks like a bad movie prop to me but is purportedly the real deal. Some have suggested it is a secret 'stealth chopper' which was how the Seals managed to get in and out of Pakistani airspace without being detected.

As with so much of this debacle, I'm left not knowing what to think :S

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
if it is an american helicopter, than it does not jibe with the official story (i heard / saw on the news.) they said it was a copter that was carrying troops, then was damaged, then they had to get another chopper in to remove the troops. this thing looks like a drone that would be incapable of carrying any troops.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
if it is an american helicopter, than it does not jibe with the official story (i heard / saw on the news.) they said it was a copter that was carrying troops, then was damaged, then they had to get another chopper in to remove the troops. this thing looks like a drone that would be incapable of carrying any troops.

Scroll this thread to see that it is a silent hawk
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Here is another source

www.popsci.com...

t was a secretly developed stealth helicopter, probably a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos published in the Daily Mail and on the Secret Projects board show that the helicopter's tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and tip fairings, swept stabilizers and a "dishpan" cover over a non-standard five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infra-red suppression finish similar to that seen on some V-22s.

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Because i can

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

That second article is really good. I have a feeling they don't want to admit we suffered casualties due to the reason listed in that article and that was the "grim" news MSNBC was originally going to announce.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

It doesn't look like a silent Hawk. At all.

In my opinion.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yeah this craft (Silent Hawk wanna be) does not look like it carries soldiers. Looks like a drone.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

We don't even know what a Silent Hawk looks like.

All we have are concept drawings based on that tail rotor.

link   
reply to post by AlexKintner

I think they said "grave" not "grim."

AAC

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

But doesn't it look like a drone?

AAC

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Here is a pic of the helicopter apparently:

And another:

In the first pic, it certainly looks like a drone. In the second, it looks like a tail rotor.

edit on 5/5/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It looks like a tail rotor from a stealth helicopter.

Its too big for a vtol UAV.

Its either from a gunship or utility helicopter. Some of the locals claimed seeing what they thought was an Apache go down. This makes me lean toward a gunship and successor to the Commanche.
edit on 5/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: like

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Im curious does the blade that is broken off in the ground look like fiberglass or carbon fiber at the broken edge in this photo?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

THAT IS A DRONE. No way can a human and or a pilot fit in there. Look at the men standing next to it.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
my theory is that the little drone copter there had a classified weapon of sorts, that was able to kill people in the complex with a pressure wave or something...the photos of the dead terrorists (if real) had blood coming out of the god given holes in their heads...without other visible injury. (i'm no doctor)

the third troop transport helicopter that came in brought the troops / cleanup crew

just spitballin' so take it with a grain

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I assume your asking, "If our supermen pulled it off why is their fancy dancy plane crashed"( or helicopter, whatever)

Anyway thats what is suspicious to me. I don't get the impression the US is spending much building new stuff right now,

I mean, if our guys went in, pulled it off, and left, then who is laying around on the ground? The question isn't what, its who. And yes, There is new stuff out there and people are arming Pakistan. Russia is passing out new electronic warfare in Lybia (or was, I guess its over now) and someone gave some decent, up to date stuff to the other guys in Iraq about a year ago.

Not to sure the specifics, I dont' naturally retain part numbers and the articles were so small its like they didn't want us to know.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Makes sense. Send in the drone to blow the place up. However, some reports say that there was little fire fight. I mean the Seals were able to go in and casually handcuff suspects as they advanced deeper into the compound. Doesn't seem like carnage from a relentless drone. But who knows. Maybe the chopper was recon?

AAC

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by JBA2848

THAT IS A DRONE. No way can a human and or a pilot fit in there. Look at the men standing next to it.

AAC

Actually, the picture of the men next to it is what makes me think the photo shows a piece of a Helicopter as opposed to a drone.

For analysis we turn to Bill Sweetman over at Aviation Week’s Ares blog, who knows much about such things:

It was a secretly developed stealth helicopter, probably a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos published in the Daily Mail and on the Secret Projects board show that the helicopter's tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and tip fairings, swept stabilizers and a "dishpan" cover over a non-standard five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infra-red suppression finish similar to that seen on some V-22s.

But, as Sweetman notes, the images from Pakistan do answer some questions about Sunday’s raid. While we may not get the details on exactly what technologies the modified Blackhawks were packing, we do now have a pretty good idea of why Pakistani air defenses didn’t see them coming.

www.popsci.com...

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Because i can

edit on 5-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join