It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music industries blatant occult symbolism!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
img813.imageshack.us...The new Music Video "black and yellow" by Whiz Khalifa, is a catchy new song with upwards of 75 million views on youtube in less than a month or so. I was watching the clip today and in between my bite of toast and I caught a glimpse of the star of satan in the corner of the tv... not for very long but long enough for me to go "was that??"

So after pulling up youtube sure enough as you can see the music industry pundits don't really try and hide these things any more...

edit on 5-5-2011 by ka0s69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah, check this out. It will blow you away. There's 11 parts to it.

edit on 5-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They haven't tried to hide their satanic symbolism for a long time now. Several rock and metal groups are openly satanic in the content of their music and the cover art for their albums.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

alot of 60s and 70s music did it too

alot of the symbols in todays music may just be random and they have no idea what they mean

but

lady gaga though has some crazy symbolism and they say she is the antichrist

its just the norm of today it will always be there all you can do is keep notice of it

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Yes its getting pretty disturbing. All music is being as open about it as the Rock and Roll movement was and is. Its sad people think its just a conspiracy. The truth is that its just to hard to believe that this world can be so harsh.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I see a guy with the "Baphomet" insignia of the Church of Satan.
That is a recognized religion in the US.
What's so harsh about that?
Christian bands have their crosses (also ultimately occult symbolism) and sun goddess/god symbolism.
All religion is occultic, and so is much elite, political symbolism.
It's like chauvinism between one occult group and another to point to only one religious group.
There's nothing wrong with LaVey's teachings, and I don't see his flock bombing villages filled with children as collective punishment for "terrorism", or blowing themselves up.
Maybe a lot of people feel we need more occultism in this world apart from the Abrahamic strains, and then we'd have a happier planet!
Maybe we also need more honesty about materialism, instead of having churches preaching one thing and doing another.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This crap again?
Yes, musicians use occult symbolism in their art.
It is not a conspiracy.
edit on 5-5-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11dead1
reply to post by ka0s69

alot of 60s and 70s music did it too

alot of the symbols in todays music may just be random and they have no idea what they mean

but

lady gaga though has some crazy symbolism and they say she is the antichrist

its just the norm of today it will always be there all you can do is keep notice of it

Exactly they have always had it! Some people just don't get the concept that music is entertainment and these things are put there on purpose to shock people mainly the generation older than the target market. I remember a musician or in a movie where someone said something along the lines of "if the parents hate it the kids are gonna love it". It's not that the industry practices occultism as a whole. it's a show!
edit on 5-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Most metal bands are very open with their symbolism, simply because they are against organised religion
and for the most part i dont blame them its a form of brainwashing in my honest opinion...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses. While a lot of you see this for what it is, a covert/needless half a second inclusion of Satanic symbolism in a main stream youth targeted video, some of you have pointed out that it's only fair and or that this has been going on for a long time. I've known about this stuff for a long time, the only difference is when and where we are seeing it popping up. Not only in the fashionable and rebellious genre of Rock n roll, but now in a main stream rap/RnB video...

I'm not stating whether or not I believe it's fair they do what they want or which religion is better etc... all I'm saying is that now more than ever, the acceptance and promotion of such alternative and once shunned religions, is no longer just for Marilyn Manson fans.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
appologies i must have missed the point :s
in any case your right it is almost expected now for an artist to include something controversial in their artwork or film clips, i guess its not sex sells anymore

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Rap and Metal have been two genres that raised moral concerns since the 1980s.
However, they were traditionally seen as separate extremes of the black/white racial spectrum.
Interestingly I had a book on the history of Heavy Metal recently which described how marketing experts in the upcoming commercial rap realized that metal fans advertised their bands everywhere.
Iron Maiden fans, for example, advertised their allegiance where-ever they went with their band T-shirts and sweaters, and the labeling was iconic.
A few cross-overs between metal and rock (Ice T) opened new possibilities.
The angular, dark design of metal clothing was extended to rap and hip-hop (such as Cypress Hill, who borrowed from metal marketing to great effect).
So the pentagram designs are now quite fashionable, almost like a postmodern combination of past movements and iconic bands like Slayer.
In fact I recently saw a British soccer star (David Beckham) wear a T-shirt with an upside down pentagram.
Maybe George W. Bush will wear one soon?
It would go with the satanic salute.
Are they occultists, or just reworking rebellious styles from their metal days?
Do they want to be moshers with pentagrams on their shirts, just like some wish they were punk rockers with flowers in their hair?
Or some want to be 1st century Christians with fishes on their cars?
Probably.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I feel like the Record Companies and Television Companies are simplifying the arts in order to package it and sell it in bulk so to speak. the more non-offending they can make something, the more it can be sold to every target audience. The way things are going, you will one day plug your iPhone into everything. your car, your computer, your tv, your toaster, your vibrator. The more universal everything is, the more of an advantage the "powers that be" have over us.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Theres plenty of occult, satanic, masonic, illuminati symbolism in most mainstream artists songs, videos, even pictures. Just a recent example.

Watch a deconstruction of Katy perrys new song E.T with Kanye West, plenty of illuminati symbolism as well as satanic symbolism, One scary thing which is blatently obvious, Is at one point in the video, besides how scary Katy perry looks in that video anyway, She is shown with the legs of baphomet, after this she walks off into what is portayed as 'the sunset' with an Albino, while she still has these goat legs, as if shes his saviour.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention, this is after she has 'brought him to life' as he is lying in what looks like some kind of metal coffin with a big tear on it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
awesome song

so, everytime a pentagram is shown in a video => illuminati?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
vigilantcitizen.com...

A very interesting article regarding the imagery of totalitarianism.

The “police state” element found in video and performances is relatively new but equally, if not more, disturbing. Music has always been a healing, liberating and emancipating medium. Looking at the music industry’s products of the last years, is there a possibility of it being hijacked by an ever-intrusive elite? Think about who owns the record companies.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
So after pulling up youtube sure enough as you can see the music industry pundits don't really try and hide these things any more...

Many forms of pop culture music including Rock and even Rap are very good at marketing themselves. [It's a Multi-Billion dollar a year business] traditionally Rock music and now esp Rap are viewed by many as a form of counter culture expression. So it doesn't surprise me that they would cash in and use popularly viewed symbols and lyric topics that are controversial to some for the $hock value.

I was replying to a thread yesterday and another member posted an Iron Maiden Video. I liked the song [Run to the hills] while viewing the video I noticed this....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6436513300e0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You are not the first one to notice occult stuff in music video's....ATS has more than one thread on the subject.

I was told that Lucifer was a conductor of some sorts of the heavenly angel choir, that he knows exactly what music can do to people, how it can influence their mood, make them feel happy.

Somewhere I picked up that at the very top of some major record companies there are rituals conducted with master tapes from big artists with the intension to incorperate emotional energy with the music. When this song will be aired everybody listening and sensitive for hese practises will experiance a feel of comfort, happiness and sometimes experiance a slight change of reality.

If I should pick a song that could be an example of this theory I would pick California Girlz from Katy Perry. Rihanna is also a candidate with some of her songs.....

This 'spelll' not only make these artist beyond succesfull but are also an instruments used by 'the dark force' to advertise subliminal symbology in their musicvideo clips. What effect these dark forces try to achieve with this 'campain' is not entirly clear to me...

When i started to read about the occult in the music-industry it came as a surprise that this has been going on from pretty much the beginning of populair music. In my childhood it seems that David Bowie was full of it and later on I heared that Bob Dylan did confess that he made a deal with the 'commander in chief' of this world and the world we can not see in order to get where he is today.

What is clear to me is that many of today artists are flashing this symbology without reservation.....
edit on 26-5-2011 by zatara because: spelling

edit on 26-5-2011 by zatara because: grammar reasons

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Rock and metal groups want to seem satanic and things like that but hey its just an image, i've talked to a lot of bands when i was a volunteer at some festivals in 2007 .... and they all said "we have to maintain a brutal and dark image for the fans" ... so yeah, but these mainstream songs .... thats wierd ...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i would be more concerned about junk food than this

but that just me.......

top topics

join