It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea on why U.F.O. move the way they do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What if they just bend spacetime around themselves so that the world around them moves while the craft and its' occupants do not? I am a skeptic that lifeforms visit our planet, so this is just imaginative thought.

I do believe that if any extraterrestrials do visit us, and I believe they do, it is with robots only. I think they would send out millions of robots to investigate the universe before even thinking about making voyages themselves.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

It could be but that would take some really advanced technology. There is this one theory... the guy says the alien ships ride the magnetic waves, It came from a show called The Universe...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

1. U.F.O. = Unidentified Flying Object ≠ Alien Spacecraft... and before you get huffy over being corrected, yes it matters. A lot.
2. Possibly. Anything put forward is of course speculation. Maybe they phase in and out of this dimension. Maybe they surf gravity waves. Maybe they're able to isolate themselves from inertia with a forcefield.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Yeah but how would they overcome inertia? They way some fly if they have no way to nullify inertia the occupants would be dead!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
What if they just bend spacetime around themselves so that the world around them moves while the craft and its' occupants do not? I am a skeptic that lifeforms visit our planet, so this is just imaginative thought.

I do believe that if any extraterrestrials do visit us, and I believe they do, it is with robots only. I think they would send out millions of robots to investigate the universe before even thinking about making voyages themselves.

That is very good. Actually Bob Lazar explained that this is how the ET crafts moved.
edit on 4-5-2011 by thelionofbabel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by xShadow13

Yeah but how would they overcome inertia? They way some fly if they have no way to nullify inertia the occupants would be dead!

The Science Channel had a show with M. Kaku that said a body suspended in a liquid(water) wouldn't be affected by inertia as inertia would act on the surrounding liquid instead of the suspended body...so theoretically it is possible.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
try to think without using an existing concept us humans have come up with
why would they use robots? that would mean they would have to acquire the materials then build them
making them just like any other creature on this planet

they are wayyy beyond that, if we have the concepts of travelling on light or magnetic beams, if we can grasp these concepts ofcourse they can too.
after this my mind goes black because i have no further concepts to go on. just rehashing old ones or existing ones
the rule and fundamental law of the universe is progression, expansion. and u can only expand concepts on concepts so far.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Inertial dampeners, a la Star Trek?

And to the point of the robots I believe it would be true. Also, I read recently the likelihood of the aliens themselves being entirely or at all organic is small.

See: www.popsci.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
all different alien spacecraft look and move differently because they come from different places and have different technologies and energy sources....thats why

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

I agree, its more likely an advanced civilization WOULD make the trip themselves assuming they have a means to survive the trip. Think about it, the ONLY reason(as far as I know) we haven't sent people beyond the moon is money woes -darn those bills- and figuring out how to keep them alive, completely independent of Earth. Surely an an advanced civilization would have all of that in the bag.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Yes but such technology would render the ability to travel at any speed they wanted... as spacetime reacts as an instantaneous function. The ability to travel anywhere becomes feasible.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
reply to post by questcequecest

I agree, its more likely an advanced civilization WOULD make the trip themselves assuming they have a means to survive the trip. Think about it, the ONLY reason(as far as I know) we haven't sent people beyond the moon is money woes -darn those bills- and figuring out how to keep them alive, completely independent of Earth. Surely an an advanced civilization would have all of that in the bag.

Seems to me taht the civilization would've sent the robots FAAAARR before they could even think about traveling the distances themselves... kinda like how we sent Voyager.. As for what they can achieve now that time has passed who knows. It is all speculation. I also believe taht chances are when they do actually come, we will know it and we better be able to defend ourselves.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I doubt we'd be able to defend ourselves against an alien aggressor anymore than the Incas could defend themselves against the Spaniards. 168 spanish men killed 2000+ Incas.

For every 50 years we advance, they would have advanced 50 themselves. We wouldn't really have a chance as far as weaponry.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts Not if they have higher intelligence from the get go. And also Not if they have problems of their own. And also years might not be a problem.... We may have the ability to progress faster than they did.. soo many variable to think about.

You are right for the biggest chance is that they are much more advanced than us at the time. We should not be aggressive though because they may(doubtful) come in peace.

top topics

join