It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Whenever I do something for the first time, I seem to remember doing it before, even though Im sure I havent. For example reading a chapter of a comic series that just came out. After Im done reading it or during when Im reading it, I remember that Ive read it before and its really convincing. I feel 100 percent sure that Ive seen it before, yet I know its impossible since it just came out.

Now.. I remember reading something somewhere or hearing it from the news that this is a disorder or problem. I dont recall the name of it, so Im asking you guys, ATS, if you have ever heard of a disorder that sounds like this and if you have, could you post some information?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Perhaps what you're describing is "deja vu".

Definitions of Deja Vu on the Web:

the peculiar feeling that a place, situation, person, action, or conversation is familiar and has already been experienced.
www.dreammoods.com/reference/glossary.htm

(pronounced "day-ja voo"; these are French words which mean "already seen" - when we get a funny feeling like we've already seen something or that we've been somewhere before
www.psychickids.com/glossary.html

Feeling of recognition or memory with a person, place or event that is �new� to you. Occasionally deja vu is accompanied with precognition...you know what someone is about to say or do seconds or minutes before the event occurs. Some theorists believe deja vu is information that is received in dream state and recognized or retrieved again when coming upon the actual person/place/event.
members.aol.com/wtgmike/Galaxey/PsychicTermsAndDefinitions.htm

The sensation you are doing something you have done before.
library.thinkquest.org/C0120993/glossaryfull.html

the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

A true life deja vu experience:

When my father served in the Coast Guard, they stopped in New Orleans, Louisiana and once in town, he recognized all the streets and landmarks and was able to direct others where to go. And he'd never been in Louisiana before!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know and what a pity I would have love to read the book

It has to do more with logic, if you read a books on the same subject after a while you will learn the outcome of the books and by logic and mental analysis you pretty much will predict the end.

I am an avid reader and when you read lots of material your mind will automatically created alternative scenarios and predicting what its next became easy, that is why I do to things either read two books at the same time in different subjects to trick my brain or change subjects often like going from fiction to history or true stories.

And do not stick with the same author for to long or you will lose interest but rather the same subject by different authors.

Now your problem could be other things so keep researching.

join