It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what China can buy with their $3 trillion stash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Like someone said, they have existed for 5,000 years. Five millennia. The United States has only existed for 3 centuries.

Yup. Been thinking about that as well. The Chinese civilization is something to be reckoned with. I mean, Chinese economic warfare shouldn't come as a surprise considering their culture has produced works such as "the art of war". Even if they are screwed out financially and militarily, they are not some backward 3rd world country to simply take it lying on their backs. They will see to it that everybody else goes down with them.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Extremely wrong.

China CAN (as in can afford to) buy a lot with $3 trillion.However, they could have $1000 trillion, and they still
won't buy anything worthy.

Try to understand that i am not refering to the logical financial outcome (price skyrocketing thus devaluating their
own investing).I will just give ya a simple example:

China will use the cash to buy every last piece of farmland in US...or Russia.Assuming US and Russia leaders
are extremely stupid and will allow this to happend.So what? China will HAVE to also buy everything they need
to run that huge agricultural land.So, they have to buy factories.Not to mention that they will have to hire people
to work on that land.

Anyway, lets asume that they will do all the things above.

Now, the question is : How would China STOP US or Russia if they decide to NATIONALIZE all chinese assets?
They can't do it.Period.

The topic its something on the lines of ''What Bill Gates can buy with his money?''He can buy a gazillion cars...
but would he do it?He can buy trillions of chewing gums.But would he do it?

Well, of course, China can just buy land in Africa or buy a company here and there in US, EU or whatever part
of the world.However, what is really WORTH they won't buy it.Simply because they cannot PROTECT worthy
assets.
Their military is a joke.No fricking country in this wolrd without a powerfull military or beeing part of a military
alliance can afford to protect their own national assets or overseas ones.

China CAN protect their own national assests...but if they go on buying spree in US or Russia or EU, Australia,
Canada, South Koreea, Taiwan, India, and any of the above countries decide to nationalize (plenty of real or fake
reasons to do it) whatever China bought on those countries, they can do it without any fear.

China CAN'T do anything with their money.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the chinese havbe been putting nano robots in all that useless crap they have sold us for the last 20 years ,
every thing you own that says made in china has a nano bot or bots in it . One day china will activate them all and they will enslave the rest of the world when they transform into colossal doomsday machines

just a wild fantasy sci fi film i was imagining

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
China can only buy what others allow to sell and if others aren`t able to pay back I don`t see how can China get their money back unless by force ....and that`s another story, no one (not even China) wants to happen.
So, they can only keep buying currency and certain countries debt, and making agreements for chineese people and products to cross their border over to other countries as soon they will be occupying most parts of the World, no guns needed.
edit on 6-5-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I remember being in Thailand back 2003
I was in my hotel room with my 2 traveling buddy's
we were watching a foreign made[don't remember by who] documentary
about China's burgeoning economy ...

1 of the examples they made was how here in America when you have a failing business that's not making any money it shuts down and ceases to exist.

Where as a failing business in China the Opposite happens..... The failing business is given money by the government banks to stay open when they turn No profit what so ever.
Nor was that business expected to get that money back to the government
I mean how could they their Not turning a profit .

So further into the Documentary the interviewer started putting some hard questions to these Chinese Magistrates of banking .....
Stuff like ...Where does all this money come from ? whats it based on ? and so forth ....

Let me tell you I don't remember their exact answers but it sounded like a ton of turd and it was the only time during the interview they would look down and away to the left from the camera and interviewer

that's body language for making chit up

so I call shenanigans on China
I wouldn't believe a thing they claim
they are no different as far as using what ever means necessary to achieve their ends

count on it
they do

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its a basic fact that China is NOT out there bombing percieved threats to rubble.... and China is NOT the one in debt to the tune of billions of dollars.
The powers running china focus on.... you guessed it.... China. China is not involved in useless conflicts around the world, like the US. Yet China has the upper hand in dealing with "superpowers" involved in conflicts around the world. FACT.

I, admittedly, am not in a position to quote numbers and figures, but I do smell something fishy.

In fact, I would NOT be surprised if China is one step ahead of the NWO... I mean, the NWO are humans capable of planning and plotting stuff.... like any of us. Who is to guarentee that China isn't one step ahead of the NWO with regard to planning and plotting stuff??

I said this before and I will say it again... Chinese culture gave us the masterpiece that is "The Art of War". Its very likely that the Chinese economic "soldiers" orchestrating this economic warfare are equally as brilliant as Sun Tzu... and will perhaps go on to give the rest of us a document called "The Art of Economic Warfare"... once the economic war is won, of course.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 6-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
and den.....
and den....
and den.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
and den.....
and den....
and den.....

NO AND DEN!

I'm disappointed....

When thinking about what China was going to buy with all that money, I was expecting to see a picture of the machine from the movie "Contact"

Didn't it cost like half a trillion in the movie? So with inflation China could buy 2 of them maybe! Where is China sending it's space travelers though? Hmmmmmm......
edit on 6-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

wow. power!. what next?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr
reply to post by Vitchilo

wow. power!. what next?

I think its gonna be call weener world ...but don't quote me on that

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Can someone remind China that it's my birthday soon.

I'd like something expensive.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the Chinese foreign exchange reserve made up of all forex currency within the country? This would then include the estimated $2 trillion USD parked there by the Indian government, which would make the majority of this surplus that they are bragging about belong to India, right? If I am correct, then this is really nothing to brag about considering the colossal size of China. In fact , $1 trillion in liquidity is a little on the sad side for them, especially when you take into account the probability that the other $1 trillion probably isn’t there’s to spend either. Why are we so worried about china anyway? “The Debt?”

China owns (at my last count) $2.7 trillion in US Treasury Securities upon the bond’s maturity date. AT THEIR MATURITY DATE!!! Do you remember those treasury bonds for $100 that we would get for our birthdays when we were a kids? It got us all excited then too didn't it? You thought that someone had stuck $100 in a card and gave it to you, but come to find out, the piece of paper was really just an I Owe You to be paid ten years later. So what did you do? You tried to find out how much it would be worth if you cashed it in immediately instead of waiting on it to mature, we then learned that the bond was worth very little until compound interest had time to accumulate and that it would still be years away

When we say that we are in debt to china, it makes most people think that we went over and asked for a signature loan and are making monthly payments, that is not even close to the reality of what’s going on. We encouraged them to buy large amounts of securities to be paid back in 30 years, and probably gave them a better rate to sweeten the deal. As we learned when we were kids, that treasury bond is worth less than $1trillion if it were to be cashed in today.

Also, here’s a little stock tip for free, go out and buy some Treasury Securities at current interest rates. It may give you a little peace of mind to know that the government is in debt to it’s own citizens and not to another government The rates are low right now and will go up soon, thus, huge profits could be made for Americans instead of the Chinese Gov

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, both China and USA are like retard kids doing what they love do.

USA likes printing money, fabricating real unemployment figures and deceiving the world into wars against Middle East.

China enjoys buying US treasuries, going around with childish nags and no action.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

First of all, I admit that didn't look at the link that you copied this thread from, had I done so, I would have justtold you to go back and reread it and you would have seen the info that I had just posted and saved me some time typing that rather long post.

Also, the whole panic about, "what if they decide to call in our loan?" They would be doing us a huge favor by saving us 2tril in interest... so please, chinahelp us out and liquidate those securities now!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join