It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all our thoughs became real and we lost the ability to control them...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What would the world be like?

Addition: In this reality, we can harbour our thoughts to ourselves, and we see a stable "picture" of reality, what would happen when all our thoughts and feelings translate in a direct fashion, to our perceptions, to our experiences.
edit on 4-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My thought is that you should ad a bit more substance to this thread
before it is removed.

What would it be like if our thoughts became real and we lost the ability to control them?
Look around.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting thought.

One which I've pondered upon from time to time myself.

Sometimes I even get a bit paranoid about my thoughts in case they do come true , or someone can read them.

Then again........maybe this has already happened.

(See last line of above post)
edit on 4-5-2011 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

If our minds were given the power to manifest reality in a more direct fashion, given the current state of mind of the average individual.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I'm good. I like my thoughts. I like what my thoughts create.

In fact, what you speak of is exactly what my future hopes are based on!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I believe it already happens. Study the occult and you'll see what I mean. The only difference with the thread title is not everyone can do it in a direct fashion. Why don't you add to what you think about it in your OP?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
lol welcome to the universe as it might actually be right now. this is the reason corporations spend so much money on advertising so that you will manifest them into the higher realms of conciousness. eeekk!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Have you ever been talkin to someone and just started thinking, I wonder what would happen if I just randomly punch this guy in the face??

haha or is that just me??

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That is when we lose the ability to ''choose" our actions, and express our true selves directly. It is why we have to work on ourselves now to make sure that we create positive realities for ourselves when we lose the ability to choose what to do and what not to do.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Perhaps, if each of us were to manifest our own planet, what would that planet be like?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Life is appetite, life is death. Death is life. Just depends on who is on the receiving end of which that all joy/sorrow rests.

This is the beginning of ancient wisdom. I cannot think small enough to create a planet.

But I wish you well on yours. Goodnight.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

A world filled with even more pain and misery than we have at the moment. We all have DARK thoughts from time to time and it would be dangerous for other people if these changed into reality instantly.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If everything we think would manifest into reality then that does not take away our free choice, it merely urges us to manage our thoughts a bit better and be conscious and aware of the every single second of the day.

That said, I think, with enough practice and understanding, we do already create our reality by our thinking. It's the basics of the loa (law of attraction)
and in a way it's the same as what happens when we perform prayer or rituals: we want, we focus and direct our energy towards the goal (thoughts) and we receive.

The reason why not everyone is having success with it is because, imo, you need to learn how to be aware of your thougth patterns and especially the negative ones. Maybe it's a build-in safety mechanism.
Imagine, a thought of a dinosaur pops into your head and the next min there is food-stamping one down your street! lol.... learn to controll the thoughts and you can create safely for yourself. This is not fiction.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
what are you talking about what if? lol look at the world now. we have been born and raised in a negative society that focus' everything on war on terror and negative outcomes. OUR THOUGHTS ARE REAL. we as humans have the ability to CREATE! why do you think satan rules over all the world right now? BECAUSE WE CREATED A GOD FULL OF NEGATIVITY. get it yet people?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What do you think the world is based on?

We think, we allow. Fear thoughts, creates reality. Guess who's good at putting fear in our minds.

You dont see with your eyes, you see with the back of your brain. Ohw is that were we create thoughts??

So you could assume, we project the world in our brains, backed by the power of the collective believe as the dominate creator of the 3th dimensional density world we live in

edit on 5-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It will mean that you are existing in virtual reality. Lol. You have become a computer game figure and you are learning to deal with your powers All you have to do is to dream up new powers.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This post reminds me of that sh*tty sci-fi movie "Sphere".

I watched it like a few days ago so that is all I can think of when reading this.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
It will mean that you are existing in virtual reality. Lol. You have become a computer game figure and you are learning to deal with your powers All you have to do is to dream up new powers.

The key is to dream it with as many as possible. The bigger the projection the bigger the impact.

I think we have to dream about something that will have an domino effect. It seems difficult to dream that we all are going the dream and then live the dream together.

What dream projection would have the biggest impact?

I think focussing a dream on Alien intervention. You reach everybody on the planet. That could be our starter dream?

Enter the matrix
This is fun

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Take a look at this movie, for example. The character lands on a planet called a "psy-moon", where all his thoughts terraform (in his case "terrorform" the planet:

I fear that our focus on objectivity and restriction of the mind to hallucinate, has made the world of imagination and subjective perception a fearful place as opposed to a place of wonder and intrigue.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maybe true- but I don't want to live on this planet with pure objectivity- with the people currently inhabiting it. I don't want to be called a sorcerer and killed because some one down the road died of cholera- like in Haiti.

Nothing wrong with a few absolutes in the sandbox, while you're learning the ropes. IMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join