It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm going to Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
next week

I'll be in Tokyo only 6/7 hours (then fly to Hokkaido, the island up north, 100% spared by the drama) and i want to use this time for you.

if you have anything to say or to ask to the people I'll be meeting randomly (and that speaks little english, not so many I know) then i will be your messenger & interviewer, adopting my best social manners to get relevant (and with some luck insightful) answers.

so what can i do for you in Tokyo ?

peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

if it rains, i won't be singing
i' ll check weather and wind direction before flying, but no need to worry for me, i'm free, and only going through, where as most of people in Tokyo & Honshu are plain stuck. Not to mention the situation in Sendaï (no food, hundreds if not thousands of orphans...)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

Can I go with you?

Regardless, don't take the iodide pills, they will destroy your liver. 10mg submicronic AU baked into Russian black bread. Wear positive ventilated masks, not standard chem face masks, use topographic obscurity when travelling. Ground all vehicles, and clothing. Bath as frequently as possible. Take lots of vitamin C, red wine, a cheap autodarkening welding helmet can come in handy. Without x ray protection, which is not included in the standard, safety gear, you can expect to last no more than 30 day in the 200 km zone, before experiencing radio induced pulmonery distress on a fatal level. It is quite painful, so be safe, good luck and god bless.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I don't like to give out too much personal info or actually meet people from "the intranets" if I can help it. But I'll also be in Tokyo from Tue. 5/10 through 5/20 or so on business. If you run into real trouble in the city for any reason, contact me on ATS via U2U and I may be able to help you out in some way. Hopefully you won't have to do that, so if all goes well, I won't have much to say other than to offer my best wishes for a safe and pleasant trip there and back again.

edit on 5/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Reading post's like this lift's my spirits, what a wonderful alturistic person you must be.
I wish you joy and happiness in all you do

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

Ok, take an NBC suit with you and go check-out Fukushima area.

Take water samples, soil samples and food samples.

Also if you could collect some sea water from the east coast that would be helpful.

Best of luck and take care of yourself.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tikkityboo

lulz. Mr. Thunder's is a good ATSer but his resume includes, I believe we have come to learn in various ways, commodities speculation in third-world hellholes and PMC / paramilitary experience in central Asia. (This has all come out on the web by now so I don't think Silent would mind me saying so, right?). I don't think these can be considered atruistic endevors. NEVERTHELESS I believe he does have a conscience of a sort, he's a smart, and I know for a FACT he's helped out at least one other ATSer, for what its worth.

Anyway I want to ask the OP a few for his/her time in Tokyo. These are all idle curiosity so if you cant answer, no biggie.

1) Have you been there before? If so, what strikes you most different?

2) Can you find any differences in the news we are hearning now in the English media versus how the news is being reported over there? This might be difficult to judge if you don't speak Japanese but maybe you could ask people around you?

3) Can you report any significant regional differences between Tokyo and Hokkaido that might be of interest?

Thanks, good luck, and be safe.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

thanks for the offer, i'm sure i'll have no problem though and i usually get on well with japanese,

but maybe you can advise for a nice area (with people hanging around rather than in a hurry) to spend my 6hours ? planning to go ueno park/akihabara

reply to post by Cosmic4life

good idea i'll do that ! no seriously i can collect some sea water from tokyo bay but what i do with with it for you after hum ? i don' travel with a lab...

reply to post by Tarnished Templar

1. no 1st time
2) Can you find any differences in the news we are hearning now in the English media versus how the news is being reported over there? This might be difficult to judge if you don't speak Japanese but maybe you could ask people around you?

ok on the list

3) Can you report any significant regional differences between Tokyo and Hokkaido that might be of interest?

& ok . thanks, great now i have something to do in tokyo.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
but maybe you can advise for a nice area (with people hanging around rather than in a hurry) to spend my 6hours ? planning to go ueno park/akihabara

Those are good areas..If you have time, try Shinjuku and Shibuya too, or at least the latter, on the Western side of the Yamanote line opposite of Ueno, roughly speaking.
edit on 5/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Please tell them how deeply shocked and sorry we are about what happened to them and how much the ordinary people of the world care about them and wish them courage and healing in all ways.

Please also tell them that many people believe this was a deliberate attack on their country by an evil group in power and that the ordinary people would never support that.

Please tell them we are all one and one day we will all triumph over these satanists.

Thank you.
edit on 5-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Please ask the people of Hokkaido why they haven't taken into their homes any of the hundreds of thousands of nuclear and tsunami refugees, particularly children and the elderly.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

"Please also tell them that many people believe this was a deliberate attack on their country by an evil group in power and that the ordinary people would never support that. Please tell them we are all one and one day we will all triumph over these satanists."

Ya, do that! It should get you a few comped saki's.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What can you say? "I'm sorry that your country and economy and population is on the brink of doom and the people have no escape from the radiation and threat of more earthquakes as they suffer from their post traumatic stress disorder waiting for what's in store for them next.. but I'll be leaving your country soon, so I'll be fine."

I certainly don't mean this as an attack against you. I just don't see what traveling to Japan and talking to random people will solve. Don't mention anything about the earthquake if you do. Japanese people hear enough about that in their daily life. If you do talk with them, try to lift their spirits. What's giving them info like "This was a deliberate attack on your country" going to do but incite more fear? They need comfort now. If you visit their country and give them something more to worry about, what's the point?
On another note, I commend you for traveling to Japan. Most people are avoiding it at all cost, and Japan desperately needs tourism to keep their economy afloat.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BeatSymphonic

oh you think i'm going to japan for that ? vow sorry let's put that misunderstanding on my rudimentary english

no i won't save anybody and i am certainly not a catastrophe tourist, in fact tickets were bought 2 days before the EQ. I have 6hours to lose in Tokyo and i'm interested in talking with people in real life and that's the matter of the thread getting some random local perspective on the crisis, so may i ?

if yes any pertinent question to suggest ?
edit on 5-5-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarnished Templar

Thanks for the heads up. I tend to be a little nieve and the gesture made me smile.
Whatever his trade may be, that act of kindess puts at least a little balance to his wrong doings.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No offense but last thing we need over here are gaijin tourists running around getting in the way of recovery and rebuilding work.. Go home

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

yeah, and you go to school to learn to read.

then give a go at geography.

good luck

go home

home is where the heart is
edit on 8-5-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In fact i doubt going home will help.
Japanese economy rely on tourist.
It's a way to help.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
No offense but last thing we need over here are gaijin tourists running around getting in the way of recovery and rebuilding work.. Go home

Sounds like someone had a lousy Golden Week...

Lighten up. He's coming to vacation in Tokyo and Hokkaido, not to harass people doing recovery work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join