It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the WH says that the Navy Seal's Video of OBL raid was "blacked out" for 25 minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Contol the message...control the masses...

Seems they are flaying though with the fog of war and the advent of new media. Information moves faster than they can control it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.
A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.
In an interview with PBS, Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense moments as we were waiting for information.

I read this from the link (thanks for finding it for me and posting it!), and I had to laugh, because it struck me as a bit ironic that the head of the CIA (a secret organization) let us know that the White House wasn't being honest about the live-feed. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ok, so here's the NEXT question (that I'm sure the mainstream media will not ask, so I might as well ask it)... WHO turned off the live feed, and WHY??

Or, was it really blacked out...or was it just conveniently edited out and "lost" after it was all over?
edit on 5-5-2011 by nikiano because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

"Pics and Videos or it didn't happen!"

attributed to a member of ATS

in other news: statistics show that BS levels are at historically high levels as the gullibility levels of most americans continue to increase...

<< 1   >>

join