It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Swarm' of earthquakes recorded along Maine coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

'Swarm' of earthquakes recorded along Maine coast

www.pressherald.com

"AUGUSTA — A series of small earthquakes, known as a swarm in geological terms, has been rippling under the towns of Belfast, Bucksport and Searsport region over the past few days. About 30 small earthquakes, which have measured less than two on the Richter magnitude scale, have been recorded since April 30, according to Dr. Robert Marvinney. Marvinney is the state geologist as well as director of the Maine Geological Survey."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.boston.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi there.
This is my first time posting in the Breaking Alternative News Forum. I hope I'm doing this right. If not, moderator, please feel free to do with this post as you see fit. Thank you.

I am not saying this is cause for concern. If anything, I'm not that worried about it. I'm more intrigued - if anything.

30 (VERY) small earthquakes since 04/30 - in a very small stretch of land along the Maine coast is kinda weird.

After reading the associated articles posted about this, I did a Google news search of "earthquake swarm". There appears to be swarms in Nevada, Arkansas, & in Mexico. Along with usual seismic activity you can expect around the world.

This is probably no big deal - but it's interesting.

www.pressherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That is interesting. There's more earthquakes now than any time I can remember. It's like the Earths gonna split in half or something... Could be Godzilla crawling underneath.

Nice find, I'll keep an eye on this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well there may be something going on right now for sure. I'm showing a 4.2 on the Texas mexican border.

And a 4.5 on the California Nevada border.

Had that backwards. Both today.
edit on 4-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
looks like Maine wants to get in on the rumbling Earth act.
The show that never sleeps.
good find, S & F, & will monitor.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
earth stomach rumbling

oh dear

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh no, its HAARP!!!!

More earthquakes, or more sensitive equipment and more of it to report detections these days? Hmmmmmm.....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I believe last week, Alexandria, MN had a small earthquake and it was 2.something...yeah, that was different for us here. Can't say I've heard of earthquake activity in Maine, either. A small rumble here and there okay, I can deal with it, but let's say more activity in areas that typically don't have earthquakes...then I'd have to raise my eyebrows.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
That is interesting. There's more earthquakes now than any time I can remember. It's like the Earths gonna split in half or something... Could be Godzilla crawling underneath.

I can't wait to see what kind of conspiracy theories YOU start when you get to twenty posts!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

This is interesting, because there have only been 3 recorded earthquakes in that area, and all were between magnitude 3 and 4 and occurred before 1900. Only a couple more have occurred since then, and none have been recorded greater than 2.5 in the past 50 years.
This isn't exactly an active seismic area... and it's just east of me, on the other side of the Bay of Fundy, so I have a particular interest in the area. I'd love to know what's going on.

(Source)
edit on 4-5-2011 by CLPrime because: added source

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You must not forget that there are now far more seismographs around the world than at any other time in history.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Jelly Conspiracy - It's C4 made with wobble atoms, the CIA made it, thats how human combustion happens... DUNNNNN

haha, I swear I'm not a nut case
I just... like the Idea of Godzilla popping up lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
You must not forget that there are now far more seismographs around the world than at any other time in history.

That's true, I didn't think of that sir, have a star for your intelligence. BTW that picture is sweet.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks randyvs!
Could you possibly post a link for that site? I would love to take a look at it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

if the earth split in half think it would mean nothing we believed to hold water holds water.
we'd be just little pin heads floating around in our own personal matrix.
nowdays I don't know which "fantasy" to grab and run with..not LOL.
I'm not talking religion, I'm talking politics and such.
..However, maybe it will get worse and worse until we really are in full blown "labor". (biblically speaking)
I don't think it will spilit in half but maybe many of us will be in peril.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am curious ... could all of the floodwater in the midwest be causing this... you know like an imbalance due to the extra weight. There are several states flooded right now, mine included. The just blew two levees here to try and save some areas. Thought they had wiped us off the map with the first detonation! Homes damaged, windows blown out, foundations cracked and that was on the other side of the river from the blast!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

Sorry I took so long to get back to you but as per your request.

A nice 5.8 off the coast of Guarerro Mexico today.

edit on 5-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks ranyvs. I just learned of the Baton Rouge Fault that runs across the Mississippi River. There is a possibility of Liquification due to flooding from the opening of the Morganza spillway. It will be the first time they have opened it since 1973. Its floodplanes run naturally along this fault line.

Due to this, I would like to keep a closer eye on any seismic activity along the New Madrid Fault and also in Texas. We can certainly do without ANY type of shaking around here right now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

join