It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European discomfort grows about bin Laden killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

European discomfort grows about bin Laden killing

news.yahoo.com

MADRID/BERLIN (Reuters) – European happiness with the death of Osama bin Laden was tempered on Wednesday by details showing he was unarmed when shot dead and qualms about whether torture of prisoners helped U.S. forces track him down.

Al Qaeda leader bin Laden -- the world's most wanted man -- was shot in the head in a U.S. special forces raid on his walled villa hideout in Pakistan on Monday.

In Germany and Spain, legislators questioned Chancellor Angela Merkel and Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero over their enthusiastic praise of U.S. President Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper expressed misgivings about the legality of the killing.

"Which law covers the execution of bin Laden?" wrote Heribert Prantl, a senior editor at the left-leaning daily.

"U.S. law requires trials before death penalties are carried out. Executions are forbidden in countries based on rule of law. Martial law doesn't cover the U.S. operation either. The decision to kill the godfather of terror was political."

I'm sorry but what the heck is this??? Didn't the Europeans just try to kill Qaddaffi? In the process killed little kids AND failed to kill Qaddaffi. Bunch of hypocrites!

news.yahoo.com
edit on 4-5-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Do you smell WW3 coming as strong as I do?

This might turn out to be a pretty divisive situation

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Thank God for the European people. Their leaders are rapidly morphing into corporate and international bankster whores, but the people seem to have some sense.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper expressed misgivings about the legality of the killing.

"Which law covers the execution of bin Laden?" wrote Heribert Prantl, a senior editor at the left-leaning daily.

"U.S. law requires trials before death penalties are carried out. Executions are forbidden in countries based on rule of law. Martial law doesn't cover the U.S. operation either. The decision to kill the godfather of terror was political."

I'm sorry but what the heck is this??? Didn't the Europeans just try to kill Qaddaffi? In the process killed little kids in the process AND failed to kill Qaddaffi. Bunch of hypocrites!

news.yahoo.com

How do you know it was especially the Europeans who tried to kill Qaddaffi?

Can you prove it wasn't American pilots & fighterjets and American bombs?

Just curious!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I know its hard, and I know you will probably ignore the advice. But you have to separate a people from their leaders right now. Leaders all over the "west" are selling out their people. Its been going on so long in America we dont even notice or care anymore. But the EU is still new enough that the people there still expected to be treated like people.

Dont blame them for their leaders. We the people of the world need to come together and stop the economic interests from buying up our "democracies."

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I say they should direct their fears to the fact that Obama has just pulled the biggest lie since 9/11 and worry about the repercussions from that.

Worry about what freedoms are going to be taken away, what rights are going to dissolve and what is really going on behind the scenes in order to create this massive attempt at misdirection.

Worry about what's coming, not what has happened to bring us to this point in history.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hypocritical as it may seem... what they are saying is quite true..

i don't believe they killed Osama in this raid, but if we play make believe and pretend they did....why did they put 'Saddam' on trial.. but not 'Osama'?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Thats a very good question. Why was Saddam who is well known for his friendship with the U.S. back in the 80s caught alive to stand for trial. Why was he not silenced but Osama had to be. Could it be that one of the SEALs lost a relative to 9/11 and decided to shoot an unarmed terrorist? We probably never know.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I disagree. Its because we in America have not learned the lessons of history that we are in the place that we are.

Balance is good. America is and has been for the last decade slowly morphing into Nazi Germany, and we need to pay attention to how they did what they did to turn a normal group of people into what they became.

The economic trouble here, the flourishing propaganda, the move towards "if you question you are a traitor (Bush) conspiracy nut (Obama) the disregard for the treaties on torture, and our willingness to attack nations who are no threat to us, we are sure behaving a lot like them.

We even adopted "The Homeland" which just gives me the willies every time I hear it.

We could stand some history lessons, if you ask me. And a good long hard look in the mirror.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

i don't believe they killed Osama in this raid, but if we play make believe and pretend they did....why did they put 'Saddam' on trial.. but not 'Osama'?

I would say that is because there really is little doubt that the CIA had some dealings with Osama.

I dont think they could risk putting him on trial and having the truth about themselves come out.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jude11

I disagree. Its because we in America have not learned the lessons of history that we are in the place that we are.

Balance is good. America is and has been for the last decade slowly morphing into Nazi Germany, and we need to pay attention to how they did what they did to turn a normal group of people into what they became.

The economic trouble here, the flourishing propaganda, the move towards "if you question you are a traitor (Bush) conspiracy nut (Obama) the disregard for the treaties on torture, and our willingness to attack nations who are no threat to us, we are sure behaving a lot like them.

We even adopted "The Homeland" which just gives me the willies every time I hear it.

We could stand some history lessons, if you ask me. And a good long hard look in the mirror.

For someone who disagrees, we sure have a lot in common...

Same message...different approach.

Thanx

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

We are not turning in Nazi Germany or any where close to it. The economic situation here is recovering and even at its peak it was no where near as bad as what Germany was experiencing during the depression. What propaganda ? Yes attacking Iraq was dumb, ill give you that but the rest i see no problem with. It was justifiable.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=ApZQcwwDCMCIZ_mfVZx4VaPBF4l4;_ylu=X3o'___'M0aW5kdmduBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwNTA0L3VzX2Jp bmxhZGVuX2V1cm9wZQRjY29kZQNvZmZnYjUwawRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNldXJvcGVhbmRpc2M-

Many Europeans struggled to understand the open celebrations in the streets of New York and Washington earlier this week.

In regard to this, Europeans, I have one word for you. Propaganda. Here in Nashville, none of my neighbors celebrated, and quite frankly, the only people who have discussed it at all are the people I have directly brought it up with.

Its very quiet here among the people I know. Even of my facebook friends, NO ONE got all "Yea! We killed him1" Its mostly been SILENT on the issue except for a few people like me who feel compelled to post the inconsistencies and other political stuff. Granted, they are for the most part silent about whether they condemn the action, but I am not seeing in my day to day life ANYTHING that looked like the spectacle on TV.

I call propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You know why you cant see the propaganda? Because you have internalized it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Only the short sighted take this raid and supposed killing at face value. This was planned along time ago with a specific result in mind.
The propaganda machine hasn't quite started yet but after the false flag event, expect a huge MSM blitz of patriotism based in fear.

The neocons are still in power and this is still just part of PNAC crusades.

www.rawstory.com...

Nothing is as it seems. All is planned, scripted, choreographed and executed behind the scenes by mysterious forces. Nazi's is as good a name as any; and the results will be another world war. The ritual of blood is just beginning......again!

edit on 4-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 8

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Thats a very good question. Why was Saddam who is well known for his friendship with the U.S. back in the 80s caught alive to stand for trial. Why was he not silenced but Osama had to be. Could it be that one of the SEALs lost a relative to 9/11 and decided to shoot an unarmed terrorist? We probably never know.

i'll have to disagree that it was the 'Seal' who acted upon his own impulse to """Kill""" Osama.. if we continue to play make believe and they did kill him in the raid.. it was an ordered assassination .. they had no orders to 'Capture'

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I know its hard, and I know you will probably ignore the advice. But you have to separate a people from their leaders right now. Leaders all over the "west" are selling out their people. Its been going on so long in America we dont even notice or care anymore. But the EU is still new enough that the people there still expected to be treated like people.

Dont blame them for their leaders. We the people of the world need to come together and stop the economic interests from buying up our "democracies."

Thank you, finally someone who gets the difference between a country's people and their leader/government.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

here is a little dose of reality for gorgi
www.fxstreet.com...
less then a dollar to the final support point

this has been on the front page for sometime no
don't know how it could have been missed
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the collapse of the US economy being the real story here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
an American Judge asking who else is the president going to kill illegaly
hey , but what would a judge know?
especially an american one
maybe europeans watch his show

how dare he eh?

The US is fighting with Al CIA duh in Libya
this PROVEN FACT has not escaped anyone with a even a partial brain
europeans have been doing politics/ and war somewhat longer than America has
I'm sure they have a right to an opinion seeing as how
their heads of state could be next

IF and it hasn't been proved otherwise
the seal shot an untried, unarmed man
who they can't even prove was Bin laden
then
what we learned in kindergarden watching JOHN WAYNE
was that is commonly called
COWARDLY

edit on 4-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by Danbones because: links content etc

edit on 4-5-2011 by Danbones because: grammer spelling content link

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

THIS BATTLE FLAG WAS MADE OF HEMP IN 1861...THATS WHY IT IS STILL FLYING!

I got pit stains and holes in my t-shirt.

Bought it at K-Mart last Winter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join