It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crappy economy, fraud everywhere, 3 wars...and GOP passes anti-abortion bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

oh sorry, not wasting time, creating unfair laws.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually is not the abortion bill what it worries me the most, is the powers of the IRS once the mandated health care comes into effect.

This will affect the majority of people that can not afford to used out pocket money and will become slaves of government regulations enforced by the IRS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Avenginggecko

what is the topic of this thread?

is it what neo supports ?

nope.

the original topic in this thread is a lousy economy,fraud and 3 wars and a abortion bill that will never be passed.

anything else is trolling.

The topic of this thread is the bill! That's what I'm talking about! I've posted links, quotes, and supporting arguments that require no inference. And you still can't answer me! This is comical it is so sad.

I have consistently avoided bringing in my thoughts on whether or not abortion is right or wrong and stuck to what this thread topic is really about. I have shown that regardless of 3 wars, a lousy economy, and fraud, that the GOP hypocritically passes a bill in the House that bans abortion and increases the government and taxes.

And you infer that I'm trolling.

Where's my facepalm button?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

yeah certain posters seem to be worried about a bill that will never pass and not a word about the rising cost of healthcare and the expansion of government of obama care.

i wonder if they are concerned about that?
edit on 4-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by vjr1113

There is a big difference between cutting tax breaks for killing an unborn child and owning people as property. Maybe that is just me...

Who gets a "tax break" specifically for killing an unborn fetus?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

yeah certain posters seem to be worried about a bill that will never pass and not a word about the rising cost of healthcare and the expansion of government of obama care.

i wonder if they are concerned about that?
edit on 4-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Probably because "the expansion of government of obama care" (whatever that even means) is not the topic of this thread.

Just because the bill likely won't pass, doesn't mean it's not an affront to women everywhere and a blatant disregard for the GOP's own stance on fiscal issues. Obviously, federal spending increases are fine as long as it's to lessen women's and small businesses' rights. Real winners we've got in the House right now...
edit on 5-5-2011 by drwizardphd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With all the promises been distributed "accordingly by Obama and his Insurance backed health care bill" people has forgoted that the poster child for Obama care was Massachusetts a state that prior to Obama care was begging for bailing due to the high cost of their "Universal health" also until this day they can claim that they have most of the population insured but fail to tell how much is costing the people to just no used the health care due to out of pocket expenses

In other words you got mandated health care now can you used? because is still no free, is something call deductions and out of pocket expenses and those are regulated by the insurance companies themselves.

It was never a victory for the people but for the same pimps that administrate our whores in congress.

And as for Medicare now the Republicans wants to get away with eliminating that and forcing the elderly to work pass retirement to pay for private insurance with the lies that they will give them vouchers to help with the cost.

How about Medicaid, well get ready because Medicaid is mostly funded by the state and states have no problems imposing gas taxes on top of the prices of gas right now and raising state taxes to pay for it, after all most states in the US have not money.

Either way the rich gets riches and the working class pays for everything else.

edit on 5-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

What a waste of time. What about passing a AUDIT THE FED bill instead? Or END THE WARS RIGHT NOW bill? Or STOP THE BANK FRAUD bill? I don't know... something useful?

There's no way any of those would pass either.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

The Democrats of the 1860s and the Democrats of 2011 are completely different animals. There's simply no comparing them. And you seem to be ignorant too, failing to mention that the Republicans of the 1860s are closer to the Democrats of 2011.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anti-abortion is freak, it doesn't make sense.

They are just happy that it makes another poor to be their slave.
Your freedom stops where the others freedom starts.
This is not freedom, it's planned slavery.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
To the Government: Keep your laws OFF my body!

I do not get healthcare from my employer, I already have 3 children and cannot afford to provide for them as well as I want due to rising gas prices, rising heathcare costs and a lack of health benifits! So if I get pregnant, I'm supposed to what...let the child starve to death? Or starve to death myself, as I would give my portion of food to my children, then who's gonna take care of them?

I would be more "proud to be an American" if my government would stop making my choices for me and allow me to make the choices that best fit the needs of my family.

It's MY body, I should be able to "care" for it the way I see fit! NO ONE has the right to take that from me!!! And I should have the right to seek "AFFORDABLE" health care that won't cost me my childrens college fund!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
These politicians really need to get their priorities straight.

Vote everyone out and start fresh is the only to go. I wish some of the more reputable members from this board would run for office... they would definitely get my vote.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Like my dad always said: "Can't argue with stupid" So now I dont even try.

Why people feel this is a useless bill is beyond me. We as a nation are close to 14 trillion dollars in debt.
In 2008 we had close to 1.2 million abortions,( that is a lot of doctor visits) I dont feel I should have my tax dollars pay for that. And we need to make cuts everywhere. That means everybody has to make sacrafices. If you left wingers feel like taxing the rich a little more helps, go for it, I dont care.(It wont make a scratch in the national debt, but if you feel better about it, go for it) Call me crazy and sexist or whatever, but its pretty easy to avoid getting pregnant. Regardless, everyone needs to make sacrafices, including people who dont know how to use a birth control.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

so let me get this straight?

tax dollars should be going to fund abortion? sorry no it shouldnt.

explain to me the reasoning behind killing potential taxpayers?

agreed tho we do have bigger fish to fry but every dollar counts like the over 3 trillion we spend on entitlements

and the federal reserve which i agree with.

ALL GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES NEED TO BE cut across the boards.

and please this aint a right and left issue its about the survivial as this nation as a whole.

The cost of an abortion is no where close to what the cost would be to keep an unwanted baby. I know most would say that maybe the girl shouldn't be having unprotected sex, or get married first etc.. which is true, but we are living in lala land if we this doesn't happen all the time in reality. The fact of the matter is girls will have unprotected sex and will get pregnant with unwanted babies.

Let me give you an example, a 17 year old gets pregnant, isn't allowed to have an abortion goes on to have the baby with a father that will most likely be absentee, will have to drop out of school thus not being in a "higher tax bracket", most likely will have to get on welfare and food stamps and will not have the maturity, nor the will to properly raise said child. Child grows up in a broken home, reverts to crime, which into costs the city to hire more cops (for others just like him) and he ends up in jail (which costs how much per person?). I see this happen all the time. Foster children are another example.

The problem of course lies with the mentality of having sex and dealing with the consequences later, no doubt about it, unfortunately it happens and we have to deal with it. Now which of the two will cost more?
edit on 5-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Really? That is your argument? So would that be kind of like someone going out and slitting their writsts and me having to pay for the stiches. Some peope cut themselves, some for fun, some with a final purpose. Its ineveitable like you say, they're going to do it, nothing we can do to stop them. I should'nt have to pay for the decision. They should, and if they can't, fine, move to cuba and use their healthcare. See how they like it then.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Really? That is your argument? So would that be kind of like someone going out and slitting their writsts and me having to pay for the stiches. Some peope cut themselves, some for fun, some with a final purpose. Its ineveitable like you say, they're going to do it, nothing we can do to stop them. I should'nt have to pay for the decision. They should, and if they can't, fine, move to cuba and use their healthcare. See how they like it then.

And you are right you shouldn't have to pay for it, but if you read my post you'll realize that even if you don't want to, you will. It's the same argument with fat people; put funds in for preventative treatment, or get stuck with mounting costs down the road. It's a b I know but to think that you aren't paying for something because you don't want to is going in with a hard reality hit.

Let me give you an example, a 17 year old gets pregnant, isn't allowed to have an abortion goes on to have the baby with a father that will most likely be absentee, will have to drop out of school thus not being in a "higher tax bracket"(COST), most likely will have to get on welfare and food stamps(COST) and will not have the maturity, nor the will to properly raise said child. Child grows up in a broken home, reverts to crime(COST), which into costs the city to hire more cops(COST) (for others just like him) and he ends up in jail(COST) (which costs how much per person?). I see this happen all the time. Foster children are another example.

Now we are comparing 500 dollars in tax money to 100,000+, if you were a CEO of a company and ran a risk assessment which would you choose? Life ain't fair I know.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You keep trying to shift the focus of this thread. It is about the bill and its potential affects should it happen to pass. It is very unlikely that it would but we are still discussing the possible ramifications not to mention the fact that the GOP is wasting time on this dribble when we have much bigger issues to deal with...hence, the title of the thread.

If you want to discuss Obama's Health care plans, go start a thread about it or join one of the numerous others.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This isnt about who needs to pay. Or why, where or when. This is about personal responsibility. Something the left has forgot about for a long time now. 49% of america doesnt even pay taxes. 22% of people are on food stamps. The top 10% of top earners in this country already pay 80% of all federal taxes. It's time for the low lifes of america to get off their &** and contribute. Otherwise, this nation is heading for a fallout of great magnitude.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

This isnt about who needs to pay. Or why, where or when. This is about personal responsibility. Something the left has forgot about for a long time now. 49% of america doesnt even pay taxes. 22% of people are on food stamps. The top 10% of top earners in this country already pay 80% of all federal taxes. It's time for the low lifes of america to get off their &** and contribute. Otherwise, this nation is heading for a fallout of great magnitude.

Hold on, I agree that responsibilities are needed. If you read my post its a pragmatic approach not a sympathizing one. I do not encourage the activity, but the truth of the matter is there is no way around it. We can put our heads in the sand all we want, we will still pay for it.

Also I love the whole paying taxes thing. First of all the top 10% make just about 40% or more of the wealth. That's right one out of ten people make just about the same as the other 9 combined. Of course they are going have to pay most taxes of the group, they own most of the money lol. Also you aren't counting tax loop holes and overseas accounts (we are talking filthy rich here 500 million and above). So cry me a river about taxes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Exactly, bills like this are nothing but enforced monitoring of human private lives either that or they are trying to keep expanding the new role of the IRS that already is been expanded in the Health care bill.

People doesn't get it, If I want an abortion that bad and can afford it I will pay with my own money, because I can let say my state doesn't have doctors that to do it, well I got to the next state, no luck! I will got to Canada or Mexico because I can afford it.

So actually the government is trying to go after the very poor and the working class that will be mandated into insurances dictated by the government and with not way around because they can not afford it.

The same can happen with death panels (occurs is call end of life choices) but how about parenthood perhaps control how many pregnancies a poor women can have.

Yes our government is intruding into very dangerous territory here.

And if many think that laws like this will not pass, just remember how many laws we got that we didn't wanted either

Our opinions matter no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join