It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crappy economy, fraud everywhere, 3 wars...and GOP passes anti-abortion bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Better take a good look at what the whores in congress are doing they have not problem enslaving the American people and women with laws, but when it comes to pay the pimps in corporate America they have not problem selling the American tax payer to them.

This how low our nation has gotten thanks to the elite favored trash we call the political leaders of this nation.

Because while they are whoring for favors from their pimps they still call themselves righteous Christian.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by vjr1113

They can feel pain.

One of the first clues that fetuses might feel pain came in the early 1990s, when researchers in England stuck needles into second-trimester fetuses and observed the release of pain-related hormones and nerve-signaling molecules. Before that, doctors thought the fetal nervous system was too undeveloped to feel pain. Even newborns endured surgeries without anesthesia.

Read the quote.
If the fetus released pain-related hormones, then they experienced pain.
It doesn't say that they don't feel pain but that the two doctors believe that they don't feel pain. The others do.
What you said was that they are not alive!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

nice try but that is all supposition and conjecture based off your own interpretation of that article

so please.
edit on 4-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Oh boy. the thread is degenerating from a conversation about how the GOP are yet again wasting time and energy with fringe social con issues into a cliche 'pro life' 'pro choice' argument.

It seems that way... which is exactly what both parties want... a big distraction from the real issues at hand.

If this thread is any indication, the ONE party system in power wins again.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The U.S. needs to prepare for the breakup coming soon.
Corporate U.S. has abandoned its working class in the U.S.
States can't pay for things. So as they become isolationist to restore work to its workers, they will also isolate themselves from the federal government.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

nice try but that is all supposition and conjecture based off your own interpreration of that article

so please.

Wow are you kidding me? It is stated in the bill, clear as day, for you to read.

In the House Ways and Means Committee hearing on H.R. 3 Wednesday, the nonpartisan Joint Tax Committee’s chief of staff Thomas Barthold testified that because the bill bans using tax credits or deductions to pay for abortions or insurance, a woman who used such a benefit would have to prove, if audited, that her abortion “fell under the rape/incest/life-of-the-mother exception, or that the health insurance she had purchased did not cover abortions.” Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) asked Barthold point blank “if a woman were audited, would IRS agents be at her house demanding court documents or affidavits proving that her pregnancy was the result of rape or incest?” Barthold confirmed what former IRS official Marcus Owens told Baumann — a woman would have to give “contemporaneous written documentation” that it was “incest, or rape, or [her] life was in danger” that compelled her abortion:

Barthold replied that the taxpayer would have to prove that she had complied with all applicable abortion laws. Under standard audit procedure, a woman would have to provide evidence to corroborate facts about abortions, rapes, and cases of incest, says Marcus Owens, an accountant and former longtime IRS official. If a taxpayer received a deduction or tax credit for abortion costs related to a case of rape or incest, or because her life was endangered, then “on audit [she] would have to demonstrate or prove, ideally by contemporaneous written documentation, that it was incest, or rape, or [her] life was in danger,” Owens says. “It would be fairly intrusive for the woman.”

Link

It is neither supposition nor conjecture. Barthold is the Republican head of the committee that wrote the bill..

So I ask you again, you actually support a bill that increases government spending without reducing its size, while increasing the size and influence of the IRS?

edit on 4-5-2011 by Avenginggecko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are exactly right. This thread isn't about whether abortion is right or wrong It's about the GOP, yet again, sticking it to the middle class and poor while doing NOTHING to solve our REAL problems like they said they would.

Not only are the effectively raising taxes on the middle class, they are doing so because of a particular belief they hold that not everyone does.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It now goes to the Senate, where it's all but certain to perish. The White House has threatened to veto it.

now how is that an expansion of government? when it will not even pass?

It could also deny Medicaid-based abortion care to women even if their health may be harmed by carrying the pregnancy to term.

IT COULD wheres the fact?

Democrats said it would harm small business and further restrict the private medical decisions of women. "This bill goes far beyond prohibiting federal funding [for abortion]," said Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). "The real purpose and effect of this bill is to eliminate private health care choices for women by imposing significant tax penalties on families and small businesses when they use their own money to pay for health insurance or medical care.

petty partisan fear mongering

so where are the facts? all i saw in your post was your interpretation an an article that is never going to see the light of day.

so agian so please

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

So I ask you again, you actually support a bill that increases government spending without reducing its size, while increasing the size and influence of the IRS?

That is the million dollar question right there! Kudos
But I would add to the end of that: "based on an ideological belief?"

We should all strive to keep this thread from descending into a chaotic debate over abortion beliefs. Let's not also forget to discuss the other aspect of this and that is, as the title of the thread mentions, that the GOP got into the position it is based on a platform of promises to right things. To help taxpayers and the middle class, not to mention create jobs. This bill does none of those things

That coupled with your question just makes this bill even more of a disgrace.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
JAMA

psudo science, no pain before the second trimester. and yea this is not a thread on abortion it's about the gop like i stated in my first post.

edit on 4-5-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Exactly, right now we are about to face one of the biggest tax increases yet and the cost of living will became unlivable, but everything is alright because those in power are serving their masters well.

While somebody profits in the corruption that has become capitalism in America the rest of the nation and tax payer suffers and see their livelihood and freedoms taken away.

Laws like this have not other reason but satisfy the dirty wimps of those that redacted then while helping profits those that pay to have them pass.

America middle class is under attack and slowly been dissolved into our own eyes.

It doesn't matter if is an abortion law or another law, those that have money can pay out of pocket for abortion, but is the working poor the one that is been under attack here and those that will be forced into paying for health by government mandate.

Then the new Gestapo that will become the IRS will intrude into the privacies of those that have not other way to take care of themselves without government assistance.

This is just getting more and more erosion in the freedoms that we are all born with in this nation.

Just because a whole bunch of whores in Washington got the power actually (given by the people) to do that under false pretenses to satisfy some personal fetishes that are have nothing to do with the better good of the nation and its people.
edit on 4-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It now goes to the Senate, where it's all but certain to perish. The White House has threatened to veto it.

now how is that an expansion of government? when it will not even pass?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Besides, you keep calling out avenginggecko, the least you could do is address his/her counterarguments instead of bringing up distractions.

so where are the facts? all i saw in your post was your interpretation an an article that is never going to see the light of day.

This is very odd that you would say this. Avenginggecko presented the facts for everything you claimed there were no facts to such as the IRS prying into a woman's medical procedures and the facts came straight from the article you are saying he/she is "interpreting". Instead of addressing those counterarguments you have brought up distractions and then asked for more facts? You should address the ones that were already presented to you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

is reading not your strong suit?

who brought up christianity,slavery,and homosexuality?

did you even bother to read the article? doesnt look like it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

JAMA

psudo science, no pain before the second trimester. and yea this is not a thread on abortion it's about the gop like i stated in my first post.

edit on 4-5-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, from that study:

Evidence regarding the capacity for fetal pain is limited but indicates that fetal perception of pain is unlikely before the third trimester.Little or no evidence addresses the effectiveness of direct fetal anesthetic or analgesic techniques.

:bolding mine.
It's kind of like saying "We don't really know, but we believe it's so". Not enough.
I'm not a Republican, but what exactly are the Democrats doing about jobs and the three wars?!?!
edit on 4-5-2011 by Clearskies because: of stuff

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are once again utterly and completely avoiding addressing my question. You have now rhetorically shifted the target to avoid addressing the obvious of what this bill does.

I will also refer you to page one where I specifically stated:

The utter insanity is almost incomprehensible. Thank God there is no way Democrats or the President would ever allow this bill to become law.

My argument never hinged on the fact that this bill is already law. Of course it isn't. I happen to have a basic understanding of how the government works and never claimed that Senate or the President signed it into law.

The head of the Republican Committee that authored this bill and moved it to the House where it was passed confirmed in front of the world that this bill would require women who had abortions due to rape/incest/harm to prove they had been so in an IRS audit.

Your original argument hinged entirely on the fact that the government needs to "reduce spending." But as I have already shown, this bill does not reduce spending, it increases it.

So once again, I ask, do you support a bill that would increase the power of the IRS, taxes on citizens and businesses, and increase the size of the Federal government?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
People doesn't understand that we are just a few steps away with mandate health care to be regulated by the IRS for treatments and even population control, regulations even the amount of pregnancies all with the IRS approval.

Sounds ridiculous? well just having the IRS monitoring your abortions is enough to make you think two times of what a stroke of a pen and votes by the whores in Washington can do.

Still don't believe it or think is outrageous, perhaps we should bring the death panels when you are too old to get treatment because is a waste of time, perhaps the IRS will be regulating that one also.

It doesn't take much for freedoms to keep eroding, government has not right into the lives and privacy of the people specially when they are imposing laws and a health care by mandate.

This mean government intervention into every aspect of your lives and you have not privacy.

How about that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

the article says the evidence is limited and unlikely in medical terms usually means no.

the democrats aren't doing squat. but at least they aren't wasting time trying to ban abortion. they are the lesser of two evils that are both part of the problem.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And how is the proposed tax deduction withdrawal services by the IRS for insurance any bigger than the clampdown on tax exempt churches, practicing free speech by discussing political issues? Do you guys not know that most top GOP and Dems vote across the board NOT FOR the American people, but for global agendas?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Clearskies

the democrats aren't doing squat. but at least they aren't wasting time trying to ban abortion. they are the lesser of two evils that are both part of the problem.

wasting time IS "not doing squat". Lol.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

what is the topic of this thread?

is it what neo supports ?

nope.

the original topic in this thread is a lousy economy,fraud and 3 wars and a abortion bill that will never be passed.

anything else is trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join