It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I believe a Ron Paul 2012 campaign is really about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There is little doubt left that Congressman Ron Paul will be running for President of the United States in 2012 just as he had done in 1988 and 2008. This will be his second attempt at winning the Republican nomination. In his campaign he will be fighting an uphill battle which will take all he has got. Being the age of 75 upon inauguration should he win the Presidential election he would be 6 years older than Ronald Reagan was upon his swearing in.

Sitting around 7-10% in the Republican Primary polling and about 39-42% in the Presidential election polling it is definitely going to be very complicated for him to win, although I would never rule such an accomplishment out. It would take a ferocious campaign and education of the masses to convince them their interests lie in peace and freedom not war and servitude.

I however have begun to entertain a different idea. Could this all be calculated by Ron Paul? In 2008 he formed a cult like following and it exploded in early 2009 forming the Tea Party movement which was then infiltrated by social conservatives and some neoconservatives. The Ron Paul paleoconservative movement is still well grounded within the Tea Party movement, making up about 50% or more of its members.

2010 seen the Tea Party movement launch a Republican Revolution again sending more than 50 Tea Party members to Congress. But what if Ron Paul's campaigns were not intended to elect him into the presidency (although he is still fighting hard for it) instead it was to recreate the Republican Party he, like myself, long for. The old Robert Taft wing of the Republican Party where issues which had been locked out for 50 years could once again be discussed and debated within the party and within the country as a whole.

Arguably with the death of Senator Robert Taft of Ohio (God rest his soul) so too died his wing of the party. The one which fought tooth-and-nail against entering supranational organizations, military interventionism, the welfare state, and excessive power of the federal government.

Ron Paul could, in my view, be running to build this coalition once again. Where even if he is not elected President the ideas will enter the main stage of American politics, no longer able to be ignored, and the Republican Party of big government war hawks will have to fight to keep itself on life support against a hopefully growing non-intervention, constitutionalist, and anti-statist wing which fights for absolute American sovereignty, neutrality on foreign policy issues, limiting or abolishing the welfare-warfare state, and protecting liberty above all else.

My point is maybe his campaigns are more about setting the foundation for recreating a coalition which died 50 years ago that was led by Robert Taft rather than actually getting himself elected to the presidency. That would leave the fighting on our shoulders for us to continue what he started for us. Retaking the party of liberty (GOP) and returning it to those roots.

Just a thought.
edit on 5/4/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's a brilliant idea that I've never thought about from a different political angle. I am a huge Ron Payments supporter and believe in his liberty for America views which go all the way back to what the founding fathers wanted for this country and that is what we should be getting back to. And the best thing Ron Paul could also do for this country is audit and regulate the Fed which we all know needs to be done immediately. Well a star and flag for you my friend for a well thought out idea. Star and flag for you!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Did Ron Paul ask Bilderberg if it was alright to run for the Presidency? If I remember correctly; those guys don't like Paul very much, so I'm guessing all of his efforts will be for naught.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
paul has a huge uphill battle

1. raising the funds.
2. if he can even get the nomination
3. the left wing media machine tearing him down 24/7
4. getting his message out and increasing his numbers.
5. trump,palin,romney.huckabee etc all have to get to the point where they have become marginalized.

he has a huge battle i actually do hope a true underdog wins in 2012.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

paul has a huge uphill battle
reply to post by neo96

The battle starts tommorow night with GOP presidential debate! I am gonna watch Ron paul get into some neo con A**!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

lol so am i but i get called a neo con on here

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank you ConspiracySquid7 for the rest of you thanks for the reply but either you ignored the meaning of this thread or you did not read it. This is about his campaigning possibly being for recreating an old coalition I am not talking about his run for the presidency specifically or his chances of winning. What I want to know are your thoughts on my theory of his possible re-building of the Old Right coalition.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I could have been hornswaggled by Dr. Paul, but I just don't see any subversion in him (not subversion in a bad way, but subversion in hiding his real motives). He just doesn't seem to be the type that would do anything other than what he says he is doing. I have no doubts that he would like to see a return to the old Republican Party, but he's more likely to leave that to his son to do.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

join