It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President to lay wreath at Ground Zero Former President George W. Bush declines invitation to accomp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at Ground Zero and meet with 9/11 families and first responders when he visits Thursday. The White House provided the new details on the trip in a statement Wednesday. Following the killing of Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, Obama plans to mark the occasion by visiting the most famous site of bin Laden's destruction. The White House says Obama's trip will include a private meeting with family members of 9/11 victims, a meeting with first responders that will be open to some news coverage, and a wreath-laying at the 9/11 memorial. Obama invited former President George W. Bush to accompany him, but Bush declined.

I have been wondering about Mr. Bush ..
I found it surprising that there was no mention as to if Bush was made awair of the impending attack , wonder if he was given the tip ?

Also a bit surprising to learn that Bush won't be going with Obama to " ground zero " . Perhaps it's as Bush says , " there's only one President at a time " . Or perhaps Bush is afraid of someone taking a pop at him in retaliation for the killing of OBL Whiel laying the reef at " Ground Zero ".

On that note , let's hope nothing of the sort does happen when the Preident makes his trip .

edit on 4-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
More likely he knows nobody cares if he goes or not. I think Obama was just being polite.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Um I believe Bill Clinton was also asked to go but declined as well. It is wonderful that it took Obama this long to attend the scene of the crime for the first time in office don't ya think?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Clinton and Bush are trying to avoid the next false flag event. Just sayin'...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank You

-thread closed-

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

That's what's bin ( pardon the pun ) in the back of my mind too .
Can you just imagine the security there this Thursday ?

top topics

join