It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Since we're 3 days out I have a question...

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
...am I the only one that was hoping Obama was gonna annonce something about extra-terrestrials sunday night? Talk about suspense...




posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
talk about a minimal thread...and 3 days out from what...



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would have hoped that he was announcing to cut the budget or something



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No thet shot your' bogey man instead

2nd



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
talk about a minimal thread...and 3 days out from what...


uhhh... last I checked, this IS the General Chit-Chat forum dude.



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle
No thet shot your' bogey man instead

2nd


Obviously.... but since we didn't know what was going to be announced, what were you hoping for?



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was hopin he was gonna talk about free gas for everybody and aliens are real and they're cool with takin us to Mars and he was gonna resign to play for the Bulls

But really I didn't get to anticipate the speech. I logged on to ATS late and heard it here before anywhere else
edit on 4-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Obama::: "My Fellow Americans......... The moon is hollow.............. and its coming to kill us."


I was 5% sure he was going to say that. I was 95% sure that Bin Laden was dead (allegedly).
edit on 4-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Obama::: "My Fellow Americans......... The moon is hollow.............. and its coming to kill us."


I was 5% sure he was going to say that. I was 95% sure that Bin Laden was dead (allegedly).
edit on 4-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)


An announcement like that would have redefined the phrase "$h!% Storm".

I can only imagine the rednecks stocking up on ammo while declaring "Ain't no moon ah-comin to take MY freedom!"



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts
 


Nope, that's EXACTLY what I thought. Just the way the hyped it up they made it sound like it was gonna be HUGE and going to have a dramatic impact on the whole world. And then, Osama is dead. When it finally came out in the media all I could think was, "Really? Tell me something I don't know". Anyways, I think that something else that IS very big has either happened, is happening right now or is GOING to happen. There's just way too much STUFF going on right now. The crisis in Japan, the Royal Wedding, the birther issue, Osama being "killed", the #ty economy, etc. It seems like they're (ie: the men behind the curtain) trying to throw out a bunch of stuff to keep us all entertained and focused on things that are irrelevent, so that we don't bother THINKING about what is really going on. It's all just a big diversion.



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts
 


Nothing I'm proud not to be american



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts
 





I can only imagine the rednecks stocking up on ammo while declaring "Ain't no moon ah-comin to take MY freedom!"


Don't forget "USA! USA! USA!"



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Watts
 





I can only imagine the rednecks stocking up on ammo while declaring "Ain't no moon ah-comin to take MY freedom!"


Don't forget "USA! USA! USA!"


Omg How did you know I hate that chant... but you are right... they'd likely be chanting "U-S-A! U-S-A!" as they fire they're shotguns at the falling moon



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle
reply to post by Watts
 


Nothing I'm proud not to be american


This made me LOL cuz I know you meant it



posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts
 


Glad you got the humour there's too much angst in the world.
On the other hand it is a dissapointment that nothing came from this than more rolling of blodied corpses when so much could be done from a nation such as yours.
As a kid in the 60's I looked on america as the new hope of mankind -now I see it as the true threat to life on earth- the apple has fallen far from the tree.
I hope that in the coming years things might change for the better and your country may once again be the light in the dark although I do not see it being so.
It is time for change in the world but your president is not the one to implement it I fear maybe a new leader in the states wil be sane, we shall have to wait and see

All the best



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle
reply to post by Watts
 


Glad you got the humour there's too much angst in the world.
On the other hand it is a dissapointment that nothing came from this than more rolling of blodied corpses when so much could be done from a nation such as yours.
As a kid in the 60's I looked on america as the new hope of mankind -now I see it as the true threat to life on earth- the apple has fallen far from the tree.
I hope that in the coming years things might change for the better and your country may once again be the light in the dark although I do not see it being so.
It is time for change in the world but your president is not the one to implement it I fear maybe a new leader in the states wil be sane, we shall have to wait and see

All the best


Yea. We're definitely Anakin Skywalker in this movie. We had potential but we couldn't resist the darkside (money/greed) and now we're here.... invading the world, Galactic Empire style, to bomb people with justice and shoot them with missiles of freedom. The "U-S-A!" chant makes me nauseous now...



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join