It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think "Chemtrails" are real huh? Here's some debunking for ya!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Whenever I get into an argument with someone about "Chemtrails" they always suggest that the sky looks different now days....that in the past you never saw large "Chemtrails" criss crossing the sky. I always begged to differ but had no proof.....Well luckily someone else proved it for me. Check out this site of "Chemtrails" (or as rational people call them...Contrails) going back to the 40's!!!
contrailscience.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, thanks.. I don't think it will do any good.. you can't convince someone who's already convinced of the opposite.. I've been trying, but I'm with ya!

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

did you know planes used to do cloud seeding with silver oxide over vietnam during the war to create rain to make it extra muddy making travel difficult for the enemy?, its been going on for years,it was early weather modification, so yes,chem trails are real, the reasons people are talking about it more now is because they are spraying more, watch "what in the world are they spraying" that should clear some things up for ya

ps: the governmen already admitted they spray crap out of those planes,their official excuse is "sun block" to combat global warming, all lies, its aluminum oxide and barrium among other things
edit on 4-5-2011 by CUJOCREEP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Of course there have been contrails as long as there have been planes. My question is whether or not those contrails spread out across the sky and stayed there for hours like "contrails" do today. Of course, your pictures don't show that and so are proof of nothing but the fact that there are contrails, which we already knew. Find me some time lapse photographs showing those trails spreading out across the sky over the course of an hour and then you might have something. Right now all you have are pictures of contrails at a moment in time that may or may not have gone away within minutes of the photo being taken.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Jets were successfully invented and flown in 1938.

So, you know, whatever man.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yawn
2nd

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't think the argument is whether contrails existed years ago it's whether or not they have chemicals in them this day and age. How are you debunking the existence of chemicals in them?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I've heard all the theories about chemtrails. I will admit I do think they are different to contrails but the explanation that is winning in my book is that "Tight Butt" airport operators and fuel suppliers are using several different additives in the Aviation Fuel to "stretch it out" to keep costs down.

I'm not 100% convinced but that is best explanation so far! Nothing sinister just economics!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Of course there have been contrails as long as there have been planes. My question is whether or not those contrails spread out across the sky and stayed there for hours like "contrails" do today. Of course, your pictures don't show that and so are proof of nothing but the fact that there are contrails, which we already knew. Find me some time lapse photographs showing those trails spreading out across the sky over the course of an hour and then you might have something. Right now all you have are pictures of contrails at a moment in time that may or may not have gone away within minutes of the photo being taken.

How long they stay depends on weather conditions.. temperatures, wind speed, air pressure and very largely humidity .. I live near a major airforce base (across the street!) and not far from a commercial airport .. in colder weather the contrails can last all day, but in other conditions they don't form at all, or they are gone within 10 minutes or so .. this is not mysterious, it's basic science ..
edit on 4-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Of course there have been contrails as long as there have been planes. My question is whether or not those contrails spread out across the sky and stayed there for hours like "contrails" do today.

Yes, they did.
Persistent contrails have been around for a long time. For a long time it has been known what they are.

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.accessmylibrary.com...

From 1940:

A few months later I witnessed the Battle of Britain taking place over my head in the July, August and September 1940. Being in SE London we had a grandstand view of the titanic struggle going on day aftr day with the intricate patterns of the contrails the most evident witness to the dog fights taking place.
www.bbc.co.uk... Short contrails do not produce intricate patterns.

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1947:

Photo taken by Jerry Cole, combat aerialphotographer in the 390th Bomb Group at Framlingham Air Base in England. He is looking for a print from the original negative he shot around January 1944 or before. It shows contrails of P-47's crossing each other in the background and a B-17 in the foreground.

scoutbird.tripod.com...

From 1968:

Daily, for example, hundreds of jet planes crisscross the nation or great parts of it, often leaving fluffy contrails of water vapor, manmade clouds, as a signature of their passage.

Some contrails soon dissapate. Others turn into or are soon followed by high cirruse clouds that can and do influence the earth's heat balance with the sun.

Source

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Henry Wadsworth Hinkle, hired man down on the farm with Uncle Clarence and Aunt Martha, looked skyward a few days ago and was awed by the multiplicity of "vapor trails," as he called them. That's the old name. Now they are called contrails-short for condensation trails-resulting from the condensation of heat flowing from high-flying jet engines.

Source

A 43-year-old novice sailor said today that he followed jet contrails over the Atlantic to help him navigate after his sextant was smashed six days out of Pymouth, England.
Source He didn't follow jets, he followed contrails. You can't follow a short contrail.

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

From 1973:

Often, after several clear days, high flying jets begin leaving condensation trails in the sky. These "contrails" are the result of the condensation of water vapor that accompanies engine combustion at high altitudes.
Source

He occasionally looked out the window at the earth and noted geographical locations. "We're coming over Europe and I've never seen so many jet plane contrails in my life," he reported
Source

Shore was no naïf; he recognized the irony of many of his images. One of the cleverest is "U.S. 97, South of Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 21, 1973," which depicts a desolate spot of road where a billboard displays a snowcapped-mountain scene — against actual mountains in the distance. The billboard image seems to emerge from the land itself. Along with a cattle gate and a sky with blown-out contrails, the billboard is a tired and shabby advertisement for America itself.
www.pitch.com... Contrails have to be around for a while to be "blown-out".

Then there's this 1965 Outer Limits episode (you only need to watch the first half minute or so).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, excellent response! I wish i could give two stars

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry but are you saying that mainstream science is real. Let me run that by you again you are saying that a bunch of people who's livelyhood depends on supporting the given paradigm is real. Let's reitirate that one more time you are trying to debunk observation by quoting the party line- hold on a second.............. hey mary you've got to come and read this!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Check out what this weather man said:

www.youtube.com...

Not sure how to embed video, but he's claiming "chemtrails" are/were existing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle
I'm sorry but are you saying that mainstream science is real. Let me run that by you again you are saying that a bunch of people who's livelyhood depends on supporting the given paradigm is real. Let's reitirate that one more time you are trying to debunk observation by quoting the party line- hold on a second.............. hey mary you've got to come and read this!

Mainstream? how contrails work has been known since long before most of the people on this board have been alive .. again it's basic principles at work here, nothing mysterious... but you would of course believe the opposing side of that? reverse the table.. you'd honestly rather believe baseless ideas with no supporting facts and assumptions derived from visual cues without any investigation or proof? .. good luck with that, let me know how it works for you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I MEANT use the search button and review the history of the topic, and how many times there has been overlaps of science and interpretation.

You'll see how many different idea's and opinions there are on this subject.

To challenge ATSers on one point is kinda weak. It's an ongoing dissection.

Read the background.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I saw a PBS show with some hippie "scientists" and a inacurate testing method claiming the aluminum levels were much higher when taken after jets fly over.... They had a little girl out there taking the tests in pond.... That is the problem with PBS. Anyone with the cash can air their show no matter how misleading it is. They claimed it wasn't being sprayed but it was in the Jet fuel. Which would not only ruin the engines but clog up the fuel lines.

I flew on jets for 8 years for a job I used to have. You can see the contrails being made. They are not coming out of the plane... You can watch the air flow over the wings and out the engines. It is clearly not being sprayed. Not to mention the planes would not be able to fly with that much extra material in them with passengers and cargo. Not to mention every pilot and flight crew would have to be in on it. Planes do weird things when you release thousands of pounds of material. The pilot would know if it was going on. Pilots are not government workers so the thought is preposterous that they are all in on it.

Also if they really sprayed that much aluminum and borium (USA) or strontium and borium (Canada) (funny how it is different in each country) then there would be inches of it by now everywhere. All the rivers would be completely dead and acidic.

edit on 4-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

edit on 4-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nice to see you woke up from your hibernation Phage.

Oh. It's spring.

I'll give you the floor now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sorry man, hardly debunks anything.

Edit:
Hey Phage, good to see you around and nice post too...

Peace

edit on 4-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

There's no conspiracy. It's admitted. Weather Control, Geo-Engineering, or whatever you wanna call it..
link...

I remember seeing somewhere the first captured image of a "chem-trail", hard to find these days, but I think it was from the 1940's around the time of one of the Olympics...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join