It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old UFO Photos 1870-1939.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Hi Op, Great work. The old stuff's the most reliable and you sure showed me stuff I aint seen before. Great Stuff!

Decoy

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
I love how UFOs look correspondent to the time they are in. a 1911 UFO will never look as modern as a 2011 UFO.
Brand spanking new with Navi, XM radio and Star.

I've often wondered why this is myself. It's like some kind of cultural tracking. Abductees back in the 50's saw switches and dials aboard the craft they were taken. Nowadays they see it all minimalist and clinical with flat screens and flush control surfaces.

The old Adamski type saucers of years ago were very current to their era. Now we see sleek triangles and such. Then theres the Airship wave of the 1800s where people were seeing balooned airships with propellers.

It tells me there is a psychological side to this mystery. Its almost like people see things so they fit into the framework of their own reality, albeit fantastical but believable and comprehendable. Perhaps experiences are so out there that the mind tones it down, sort of a failsafe to keep you from going nuts?

Abductees experiences doesn't account for photos of UFO's which seem to 'fit' the time they were taken, there can be no psychological aspect to a photo? Perhaps this is what the aliens want? Not to look too far ahead of us?

Great thread OP! S+F. Some very interesting photos!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
Unfortunately i cannot find any information to go with this picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b4ed8bc8d41.jpg[/atsimg]

Here it is, the original was taken in Brazil in 1958 I believe. Look at the two saucers they're identical(although in the above photo the "ufo" was darkened up a bit), are they not? So one seems to be a cut and paste job, imo.

Original photo

But I do believe the Brazil photo was the first to appear. Whether or not that is genuine is anyones guess as well *shrug*
edit on 19-5-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A very late S+F
but a friend recently showed me the Cigar UFO image and I offered to clean it up and sharpen it... basicly make it clearer in all aspects. Here are the results.

The object is definately emerging from the cloud.. right side of the object. In the mid section it also catches the light as though parts of it are reflective. Very impressive..

edit on 29-5-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Great job.
Maybe some other photos from this thread could benefit from the same treatment.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

First off, S+F CrashRetrieval

Thanks for this thread, I've never seen these photo's before.. it's nice to see something different around here for a change, instead of multiple threads a day on Sun UFO YouTube vid's.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Here's one ..

And another one .. Gotta sleep I'll do some of the others tomorrow.

edit on 3-6-2012 by DreamerOracle because: Anoth pic

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have said it before and I am saying it again. A REAL alien from space could take pictures of its spaceship and of its self and put them on the internet and even those pictures would be called fake and CGI. So there never never will be any pictures of any UFOs that are not called fake or CGI. When the day comes (if we live that long) that any aliens that may be around make them selfs known to the world we will then have to go back and reveiw every UFO photo every taken. Even then most if not all will still be called fake or CGI even if a 7 foot tall lizard tells you point blake that is its ship in the picture. Pictures were once said to be worth a thousand words but now days they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nice thread. S&F. Being from 1946, this is a little outside your headlined date range, but the Wikipedia article on "ghost rockets" has a photo from that flap.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

It's a pocket knife, or an old measuring ruler lying in snow.....there is no clouds in the picture, just lots of snow and the object.

A lot of the OP images look faked or flawed photos, like the guy standing by the car, why photograph him from the side and not have him centered in the image? Hubcap methinks.
edit on 3/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This one's from 1927, possibly 1926. Fake or real? How would I know? Without sufficient documentation, it's low-level evidence, even though it predates the popularity of the term "flying saucer."

Source:
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
UFO pictures from Rhode Island in 1967

On 10 June 1967, at about 12:00, noon, Mr. Harold A. Trudel, 29 years old, married and father of 3, was driving his car on West Wrentham Road, in the general vicinity of East Woonsocket, when he pulled over and parked near some hi-tension lines, waiting and watching for what he didn’t know. He had seen UFOs in this area on three previous occasions. He had a loaded camera in the car and he checked it over as he waited. In a matter of minutes a hi-domed disc-shaped metallic flying object approached the power lines from the West.

As the UFO hovered over the lines, Trudel, feeling some considerable degree of insecurity, crouched behind some nearby foliage and began snapping pictures. The object maneuvered about in the area, flitting from point to point like a bee, and Trudel changed his position several times, at times moving in closer to the power lines, but still trying to stay hidden. He did not want any possible occupants of the craft, if occupied, to become aware of his presence.

The UFO remained in sight and he continued to take photographs for about 5 minutes before it flashed off toward the North. Trudel had captured 7 photographs of the strange aerial visitor. The photographer had noted an “antenna” protruding from the central lower portion of the object, but upon later questioning, he said that he did not at any time, see the “antenna” come into contact with the power lines.

When the film was developed, it could clearly be seen that Trudel had obtained some extraordinary evidence indeed. It was generally felt, by those who examined the film at the time, that the photographs were authentic, and that the object itself resembled, to a great degree, the UFO that had been seen to “tap” power lines in Exeter, New Hampshire in the Fall of 1965.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
this one...........

.............made me instantly think of this old painting.

edit on 4-5-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

That's very interesting. I remember seeing the second image on an Ancient Egyptian documentary about strange flying machines.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Originally posted by Arsenis
I love how UFOs look correspondent to the time they are in. a 1911 UFO will never look as modern as a 2011 UFO.
Brand spanking new with Navi, XM radio and Star.

I've often wondered why this is myself. It's like some kind of cultural tracking. Abductees back in the 50's saw switches and dials aboard the craft they were taken. Nowadays they see it all minimalist and clinical with flat screens and flush control surfaces.

The old Adamski type saucers of years ago were very current to their era. Now we see sleek triangles and such. Then theres the Airship wave of the 1800s where people were seeing balooned airships with propellers.

It tells me there is a psychological side to this mystery. Its almost like people see things so they fit into the framework of their own reality, albeit fantastical but believable and comprehendable. Perhaps experiences are so out there that the mind tones it down, sort of a failsafe to keep you from going nuts?

This could be the reason for the concurrent shift in UFO technology with our own or it could be that there are different beings performing abductions and one of the main offenders are an earth based faction that is evolving just a bit ahead of everyone else??

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You should learn the history of the first initial photo in the OP.... It isn't snow. Its cloud and it's taken in 1870-71 atleast thats what it says on the back of the original
...They had nothing to hide back then. So you say its snow?..... see through snow? no wait it's an upside down avalanche?... Sorry to burst you bubble but it is what it is a UFO in a Cumulonimbus cloud.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm working through the thread photos ... This one was very interesting

Well
doing a good impression of one.
Taken from this posted earlier in the thread,

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Sorry to burst you bubble but it is what it is a UFO in a Cumulonimbus cloud.

Which is why it's part of a series of stereographic photos of ice mounds taken on Mt. Washington in 1870. Here it is with the images reversed to make it easier to free-view using a cross-eyed technique. Open the image in a new tab. Cross your eyes and line up the object. You can see it's small. Five or six inches long.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

So how big would you say the cloud shaped ice mound is?
So its a small object sticking out of a tiny cloud shape ice mound... because you do know that part of it is in the "snow ice mound cloud"
you really do make me P*ss my pants

p.s where do I buy these interestingly shaped pen knives with doors and metalic tubbing on the sides?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Place: President Street, Germiston
Time and date: Unspecified date during 1916. Approximately between 13:00 and 14:00
Submitted by: Dean (Ufologist)

Report:
This disc-shaped object (encircled) was not seen by the photographer at the time the photo was taken at the top of President Str. Germiston, presumably sometime during 1916. It was discovered in an old library book depicting early life on the Rand.

The image clearly shows a disc-like object in the sky at a distance over the old buildings there.

Source : uforsa.co.za...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

gdaub23
heres some with the link to the site..UfoCasebook

This one is a poor cropped version of the original:

Which shows in fact a classic lens flare effect:

... undesired effects of bright lights in a poor optic system.

CrashRetrieval
1944 - UFO over England

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94fb7c63e5ed.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d68d73921416.jpg[/atsimg]

This famous photo is the "Jack LeMonde" case.

The RR0 French UFO site determined in 2006 that this "UFO" was very likely just a special streetlamp suspended model:

edit on 26-1-2014 by elevenaugust because: Add "Jack LeMonde" case

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join