It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with a dream.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would like some halp interpretting a dream that has plagued me for the past 3 months.

It starts with Me and 4 other people, all dressed all soldiers carrying rifles, walking down a desert road in a box formation(4 corners, 1 in the middle, I'm back right). We walk a short distance and I ask a person named Ramirez(not sure how I know the name) how his new born was. We get to talking about our families, all five of us, and as we're passing a few burnt out cars on the side of the road, two bombs explode on both sides of the road throwing me onto my back(I was unable to see them. There is a ringing in my ears, muffled yelling and loud pops that turn to gunfire when my hearing clears. I then get up and take cover behind one of the cars and aim my rifle, which I now see is a scoped semi-automatic rifle, at where I think the shots are coming from. I see the one I called Ramirez, laying in the dirt with blood over his face so I rush to him and pull him back to where I was behind the car. As the shooting stops the person that was in the middle(their name never came up from what I remember) radioed our situation to wherever we had come from. As we're waiting for instructions explosions from what I believe to be ligh artillery start hitting around us so I pick up Ramirez and retreat to a safer position about 100 yds down the road.

This is the point that I usually wake up. Could it be a prediction, is it just a dream, anyhelp that can be provided would be nice. And please serious answers only, this is causing me to lose sleep and could soon start effecting me in other ways.

P.S. I will be joining the Army after I finish school.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi, THEUntouchable

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

If I may ask, whose idea was it that you should join the Army? And what about the timing, right after you finish school (that's high school, college, ...?)?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

It was my idea, it will be after college.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I’ll give it a shot.

I can only tell you what this would mean if it was MY dream, as most symbols are of a personal nature. There are of course universal archetypes.

There are five people, four plus you. The one in the middle is on the inside of the box. The other four people including your self are on the outside of the box. The one inside is isolated and individual, the four outside make up the whole.

The person inside whom you can’t quite remember is a deeper aspect of yourself with which you are trying to communicate. It is also trying to communicate with you. You can’t quit remember because it is a consciousness of yours that is a little beyond your level at the moment with an idea that just hasn’t reached your main consciousness yet. Perhaps you need to “think outside of the box” to see it.

The new born is a new project or idea, like joining the army. It could be a project or a relationship that has already started and is new. How will it fair after you join the army? How will the responsibilities regarding it change?

Bombs blowing up on both sides of the road… The desert road is your life path you walk it alone. Perhaps there are not many options that you can see at the moment because it is a desert. The bombs are events that have happened to you in your journey that have left you battle weary and shell shocked. The explosions are emotional and mental situations from which you have learned or are currently learning. Perhaps they are reasons for the choices you are making now.

The ringing ears and the muffled sounds are you coming to your senses. The ringing is especially considered like a “wake up call”. Your higher consciousness (The one in the middle of the box) is trying to alert you to something.

The scope is a symbol of zeroing in on your target or goals it is about taking a clear close look at a situation.

Ramirez is a casualty of the explosions, the aspect of you that was injured perhaps having “lost face” in a situation due to the blood on the face. You retreated and headed for cover protecting him/you. Ramirez could also relate to will power. The solar plexus is the seat of personal power and the Sanskrit mantra or word for this chakra is RAM.

You are under fire when you retreat. Perhaps it is not the best time to make a decision as there is still confusion around you. The higher consciousness radios in to an even higher source and you wait for instructions.

So, yeah that’s how I would see it if it was my dream. Hope it helps. If you start keeping a dream journal then in time you will really begin to understand yourself. Best of luck to you!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Makes more sense than anything I thought of.
edit on 6-5-2011 by THEuntouchable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Thank you for answering my question. Let me just discuss the dream in its own terms, and how it relates to dreams like it that many people dream, and leave the application to your particular personal life, if any, to you.

The setting, or dreamscape, is very popular, and there is even a name for the type. It's called a Waste Land (like in the poem or the degraded state of Arthur's kingdom... and in many other works of art and literature... and dreams). The typical basic plot of stories, dreams and otherwise, which are set in the Waste Land is that it gets redeemed, or restored.

So, in a very spare dream, set in a very spare dreamscape, you have a big honking symbol of your whole Self, a rectangle. And the waking you is a back corner of it. Lol, there's no prize for recognizing the title of that picture: there is more to the whole Self than just the conscious waking self. The subtitle would be that there should be cooperation among all the parts of the whole Self.

And there is plenty of cooperation and coordinated action in your dream. The waking self is interrupted by factors beyond your control, and both willingly and effectively cooperates with Ramirez, another aspect of you, a "central casting" character representative of unconscious contents (his baby is an elegant token of his generativeness; nice touch).

Now, the odd thing is, in a motif dream like this, if the dreamer does the "right thing," then the expected outcome is that the dream resolves, and it doesn't recur. But even though you do a hero deed, the Waste Land persists, and then you dream the whole thing all over again.

Hmm. Here's my guess about that. While you're still in formation, ask Ramirez to introduce you to the guy in the middle, the guy with the radio, the guy who can produce help.

I don't know the plot from there, but that's where the biggest sore thumb is in the usual symbology (that there even is a guy in the middle, that you don't know his name, and yet he's the one with the key to resolving the situation, the radio that summons a hell of a lot more firepower than what you're carrying, as nice as that is for a personal weapon). Fix that, and see what happens.

Many people find dreams like this to be positive, even if yours is being a little bit of a pain in insisting that you deal with it. Good luck with it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I had the dream again lst night and I tried talking to the guy in the center. His name is Lupton(somehow I already knew this too) we talked about essentialy the samething as before but his children are older. I think I've determined that he's the oldest of the five of us. Then it just fell into the same pattern. Bombs go off, shooting, get Ramirez behind the car, Lupton on radio, then a retreat.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thank you for giving it a try, and for telling us how it came out.

Now that you've got both Lupton and Ramirez talking, let me suggest asking them "What is wrong here?" (Not very original; it's sort of the signature Waste Land question.)

Or, better yet, maybe you should think about "If I could only ask one question of these guys, what would I ask?"

I know it's hard for you to agree with this, but this really is a great dream. I am very glad you posted it, thank you for doing so, and I hope that the uncomfortable recurrence is speedily resolved.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So something strange happened, I had the dream and it went as normal, but when I got to the point that I normaly wake up the dream just continued. It went like this:

We had retreated to a safer position and the person that was on the back left corner pulled out a bunch of medical supplies and went to work on Ramirez. Lupton, who I belive it is safe to say is the authority figure in this, orders me to get to a higher position and keep my rifle aimed down the road and to shoot anything that moved. After a quick search I find a ledge that gives me a good view of the road and puts me about 30ft off the ground. After a few minutes I see about 2 dozen men walking down the road with rifles. After relaying this to Lupton he orders me to open fire. So I start shooting(at this point I see why I have the scoped rifle as I am a fairly good shot) and they all try to take cover behind boulders and piles of rocks.This goes on for about a minute until I am able to hear a helicopter in the distance. Shortly after I hear the helicopter it is above us looking for a place to land. It finds an empty feild to our left and 4 more men jump out and come to our aid. Two of them join the fight with me while the other two get Ramirez onto a stretcher and take him to the chopper.After he's secured we all head towards the chopper, board it, and start to leave. This is now the point that I woke up.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting the update.

I don't know whether that's the end of the story, or whether there is even more, but at least you have progressed to a much more positive point of resolution than before. You get there with a lot of cooperation among the original five, and Lupton summons a new kind of assistance which you hadn't seen before. In particular, you (the character who represents waking you) have found a specific role within the team, for which you are as well equipped as Lupton is for his. And you are not doing this as commander, but what you add is crucial to the team's performance.

All I can advise right now is that you record as much about this dream as you can, while it is fresh. Write up a really full description, and if you draw, draw the key scene and characters, etc. If you write poetry, then write a poem, or compose a song, or whatever you think to do.

I don't know if you'll be dreaming this again, but people who dream these kinds of motif dreams even once sometimes are still thinking about them years later. If so, then you'll be glad to have the details still at hand. This is what Carl Jung called a "big dream" (everything sounds better in German... but "carl jung" "big dream" is searchable on googlebing).

The reason why they're still thinking about the dream years later is that they continue to find new meanings. Not that the old meanings were wrong, but they find new ones, just as good, as their lives progress.

The specifics of the military references, of course, suggest that there is some relationship between the current meaning of the dream and your decision to enter the service. But even though that decision explains the timing, why you had this dream now, and provides some of the "plot elements," "costumes," and "set decoration," the story that a big dream tells is typically bigger than any one specific problem. They are timeless as well as timely.

I've very much enjoyed this series of reports, and I'm very pleased that there have been these developments. Needless to say, if anything more happens...

And either way, best wishes in all things. Well dreamt.

-
edit on 12-5-2011 by eight bits because: the usual.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank you for your continuos help through this, if there are anymore advances in the dream I'll be sure to inform you. Anyway I should stop taking up your time, I'm sure you have more important things to do.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It sounds very precog to me; you are going to join the Military, eventually you will be serving on the Mexican Front after the Great War Erupts across the Planet.

The Military is represented as a box formation because it is your Foundation that you are choosing for your Future. Chances are you will be in some district like Chihuahua (desert/arid) when you are hit; the reason it will not go further in the Dream because right now you are weighing your odds and considering all options. In time it will pass off as a "potential" but fragments may still remain, unless of course you follow through with your plans.

I too served in the Military, but I was very fortunate as to not serve during war-time; my reasons for joining had more to do with the opportunities that were not available to me. I don't regret my service but I am often thankful that it was cut short.

It is not too hard to see what is coming down the road. There will be blood shed on all sides and on all lands; why go to war when war will come to you? This is the land we are honored to protect, not some far off distant poppy field or some strategic setting for future "cashing in" based on some lie.

Of course, this is just an opinion; I too had a dream of the future once, of myself, and rather than fear it or explain it I changed it by simply making choices that reflected a different path.

Remember, if you are not having Fun at what you do, then you are not doing what you should be doing!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi, i didn't read the other posts but

Do you play video games? Watch alot of military movies? Where did your brain come up with this simulation to put you in a squad of 5 in formation? you're just joining the military but do you have any experience is what i wanna know right now before i can interpret your dream

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
On my opinion, your dream may represent your wish to be in the military. Or maybe you just saw something, like a movie or a game that impacted you. The day before did you saw something in relation with the military ?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sorry I havn't replied lately, been having computer troubles. I do play video games every now and then, mostly I play racing games though. I have large amounts of experience with firearms. They are a but of a 'hobby' at the moment, I wish it could become more than a hobby, but I'm short on funds at the moment.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but today I met a new person on my way to my evening classes. I didn't think anything of it til he told me his name. It just so happened that I met a Ramirez, who will be joining the Army, around the same time I will. So should I tell him about my dream or just let time tell if we're going to be in the same sqaud together.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hey, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but today I met a new person on my way to my evening classes. I didn't think anything of it til he told me his name. It just so happened that I met a Ramirez, who will be joining the Army, around the same time I will. So should I tell him about my dream or just let time tell if we're going to be in the same sqaud together.

Yeah, please do tell him about your dream, when it feels natural to you to do so, but sooner rather than later, and unconditionally rather than "if..." Also, leave the door open in case he has a dream he wants to tell you about.

Synchronicity. People say many silly things about it. But, it does happen, and just did. So, run with it, wherever it wants to take you.

Well lived.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I told him about my dream and when I got to the part where Him and I start talking he told me to stop that if it did come true then He didn't want to know and effect it in anyway. I guess we'll cross that road when we come to it then.
edit on 26-5-2011 by THEuntouchable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thanks for letting me know how the conversation turned out. That's an interesting reaction. You never know, he may feel like talking about it again some other time. If not, that's fine, too. The air has been cleared, and it's a reminder that this Ramirez isn't the dream character Ramirez. It might be a good exercise to "make a list of the top ten ways" he's different.

For what it's worth, I don't think your dream predicts some specific event, but it's more about showing a way of being, of looking at things, and of dealing with them. That's what makes dreams like this stand out, even when they don't recur, is that they're about the "bigger picture."

Thank you again for writing about all of this. I hope it's helped you in your own waking conscious thinking about the dream. Best wishes.

-
edit on 27-5-2011 by eight bits because: errant keystrokes

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No thank you, you have been a huge help since I started this thread. Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join