It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a Radio Interview @ 7:30 AM 05/5/2011 "Our ATS Voice - OBL" on 97 X Tampa, FL Please Listen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Did anyone get a recording?

I'd like to listen.

Me too.... car crash radio and all that.... not always fun to hear/see someone get mauled, but hey, worth a listen I'm sure

link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Make what you will of this...a few seconds before the interview started...this occurred:

However, all my lights on my modem and router were flashing...

I wasn't able to record it as it zapped my internet and the live stream.

The interview: I feel they wanted to make this strictly about the Osama thing, my intent was to convey why my conspiratorial view of this and other topics is so prevalent. I tried to get that much across. Who knows, perhaps i was able to wake a few people up? I am going to stay on the side of positivity regardless of the mockery they tried to make of this. Either way, I will not stop looking for the "truth".

This event has not deterred me from my mission! Nor should it any of yours, stay vigilant my friends. I have to go to work!! See you all later!

Respectfully,
UberL33t

ETA: He did just say that had I been able to give my "whole view" which would have taken a minute or two, I may have been able to convince. I am going to take that as the "real" take on it and not the "talent" take. In my opinion of course.
edit on 5/5/2011 by UberL33t because:

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I don't see any potential damage being done to ATS, if anything maybe a few people will at least check out the site and then they'll hopefully see what we're really about.

edit: just heard them say that if they would have let you "go off on your spiel" than you may have gotten somewhere with them...damn. radio djs can be #heads. Now they're only letting people call in for 10 seconds to voice an opinion on a news article. sounds wayy to propaganda-ish,
edit on 5-5-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Maybe so, but I'd like to hear the recording before I make that judgement.

How bad was it?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I think they were trying to push him in an entirely different direction than what he initially thought they were going to talk about.... then, they didn't give him enough time to give his opinion (which he was put on the spot) and just cut him off completely.

Some people don't want to hear it... plain and simple.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ooooo

They're hammering him now.... they're saying he was pretty bad and didn't seem to have anything of relevance and that he waffled on too much.

Awwww man.

Definite opportunity missed.

Why would you even go on the show if you can't handle yourself?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blisse

Exactly!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

edit: just heard them say that if they would have let you "go off on your spiel" than you may have gotten somewhere with them...damn. radio djs can be #heads. Now they're only letting people call in for 10 seconds to voice an opinion on a news article. sounds wayy to propaganda-ish,

That needs to be re-posted...effectively...to me...that's an admittance that what I had to say, had they let me say it...would have been conveyed. Rest assured, I will still email them this if only to get through to the "real" person and not the DJ persona.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The thing is they want it short and concise... he should have had 3-4 key bits of info, all summed up in 20-30 secs.... preparation is the key, it really is.

Obviously nerves play a part and I'm not saying anything bad about the guy, it's nothing personal.... but he should have run through it a few times, been prepared for them to constantly interrupt (Just listen to the Interview where Alex Jones interviewed Peter Joseph.
) and so on and kept it simple.... don't waffle on.... don't go off on one, keep it simple and to the point.

Short,sharp facts.... make them ask more about it

Lay the foundations.

Obviously if they LITERALLY didn't let him talk.... then that's a different story... I'll have to hear the interview obviously.
edit on 5/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I'm sure there's a recording of it somewhere. It didn't go well, uber didn't get much of a chance to talk. They asked more about his personal opinions about osama though than the opinions of ATS or conspiracies in general. And they made it out to look like he was worshipping the radio station to get an interview with them...well we saw the emails and it didn't seem like that to me.
It could have gone better, but who knows, maybe a few people were able to see that he was being pretty much mauled by the interviewers.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Well kudos to you for trying to get your views across and maybe change the perceptions that many have of conspiracy theorists.

I'm sure you did the best you could under the circumstances.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

wow, that sounds super easy

Now, don't you think that these two DJ's were going to make sure some how, some way, that they make a conspiracy theorist look like a douche-bag? 97x is mainstream.... why would they allow someone the opportunity to lay a foundation when they don't want to hear it and want to entertain people?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Like I said, Uber tried to get out there ahead of them, but didn't see where they were going.

Competing agendas (obvious from the pre-show build up versus his posted letters), and they had control of the mic.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The problem is there is no time to "go off on a spiel" on radio and to the point quick notes should have been made and/or followed. Everyone knows on live radio you're given a very short amount of time get your point across to keep the announcers interested or you will get buried very quickly. If you don't get that "WOW" point across in the first few minutes they will cut you up as they did here.

Unfortunately for the OP, since it is their show they now have the rest of the morning to talk about what a moron you are and you have no chance to defend your side...which, even to someone half listening, leaves a lasting impression of you..which in turn could leave a lasting impression on myself, everyone else that posts on this site, conspiracy theorists, and ATS as a whole...

Michelle

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blisse

Yeah, after listening to the first few seconds of everything it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to go well. Especially if you have multiple people chiming in talking over one another. A poor forum in retrospect to voice an opinion like that. Good try though!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I personally didn't record the show as I thought the OP was going to do it. I should never leave it in the hands of someone else (bad habit on my part)...but I found this on their site and hopefully it will be put up tomorrow.

Recent content

Michelle

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Uber flubbed up and said Obama instead of Osama at one point. The best comment was that "he couldn't even tell the difference between Obama and Osama". How many news casters screwed that up!? Video

JT

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Okay, considering their recent content, it seems it was a daft choice to choose a radio station such as that to try and get your views across.

•Fisher and Seth play a friendly game of 'Would You Rather' with Maxim's Hot 100 List.

•REAL SEX: Adult Entertainer, Delilah Strong, swings by to talk about jealously in relationships...and a REALLY scary stalker.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blisse
reply to post by blupblup

wow, that sounds super easy

Now, don't you think that these two DJ's were going to make sure some how, some way, that they make a conspiracy theorist look like a douche-bag? 97x is mainstream.... why would they allow someone the opportunity to lay a foundation when they don't want to hear it and want to entertain people?

Never heard of the station.... I'm in the UK.
But why ask to go on a show, that you listen to regularly and know what the people are like, and then be shocked when they maul you?

Not being funny.... but it's ridiculous.

I read the OP's comments about him being prepared and he was gonna do this, that and the other.... he sounded confident, maybe even cocky and he didn't heed the warnings.

Why send the show several emails to go on... if it's not the right show?

Sounds like a poor decision all round on the part of the OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Exactly.... why would you even bother with these wankers?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join