It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today we remember our dead ? The victims of world war two.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Today I feel sad... Sad about so many people, they are rolemodels for todays children, they set a life example for some that will always linger in a child's mind.

Doesn't anyone remember someone that left such a big impression... one you never forgot ?

Let me start from the beginning...

4 May-2011

Today is the day we as a nation remember the victims of world war 2. The fifth we celebrate the our freedom the Netherlands were liberated from Nazi Germany by English, Canadian and American forces.

Royal, prince Bernard was their when the Germans signed their relief forms In a hotel called :
Hotel de wereld at the General Foulkes road in Wageningen, a city that lies next to the village I live. A 15 minute drive will get me there. But I'm regressing...

Today we remember our fallen ones, the men that died during the war, the men that came from abroad and gave their lives fighting the German forces eventually releasing us from their occupation of our country.

My sincere gratitude goes out to them ...

At 20.00 hours sharp we as a nation remain silent for 2 minutes to honor and remember the lost lives and the monstreous pain and misery of war... so we will never forget and use our warnings from the past to prevent it from ever happening again...

There are always people wo break that silence and this time it was Greta Duisenburg, a renowned woman that supports the Palestinian cause passionately...

She started calling people in a public restaurant and when she was requested to simply shut up she started calling those present Zionists and she refused to leave after being asked friendly even.

I hurts me that someone can let her ego rise so high to dishonor the death and comparing it with a different conflict all together. This woman will influence minds of children with he obnoxious and respectles display of ignorance a-social behavior. what was she thinking ???

That has made me sad...

I wanted to share this with you as I've noticed it works positively to write about the stuff that bothers me...

Thank you for reading it...

Love and peace.

Kind regards

~ Sinter.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks for that, Sinter

I was born in 1946 Holland and lived there until I almost made 7.

I remember the detritus of war... the fields of broken bricks, the steel beams just offshore to thwart landing craft, my brave grandfathers contribution in the Underground, bullet holes in church walls where citizens were shot as a result of that. So many things a child retains well into adulthood. I even still have my personal ration card, something I pull out every few years to remind me of what war can do to lives and cities.

In times like that, I think of my father, a Canadian soldier from Winnipeg who I never met. That's also war.

Everywhere I visit in Canada, I look for the memorials which the Dutch have placed in parks and important locations. They are a lasting monuments, some quite small, others large, of the gratitude that the Dutch will always feel for Canadian soldiers. All of them.

Today, I watched a small dedication... the laying of a wreath on one of those monuments. Located in Victoria Park in London Ontario, the ceremony was carried out by Dutch Nationals and Canadian vets.

It makes me proud to have a heritage that joins these two wonderful countries together.

edit on 4/5/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

new topics

join