It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members Read--We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
With the addition of Samuru ATS Search, members can easily and quickly look up existing threads on all subjects in the archives of ATS.

Please USE this new feature before posting news stories, especially those which are evolving news stories such as the death of OBL and the Obama Birth Certificate. It’s important when such a story breaks and becomes part of the discussion at ATS that we have all of the information in the same place.

With the new search feature it is quick & easy to find existing threads on a variety of subjects. The staff has been closing a ridiculous amount of duplicate threads over the last 3 weeks which takes away from our time being able to participate in these discussions as well as deal with alerts from members.

Moving forward please use that new feature before you post news stories or even threads regarding older topics. A quick search can reveal threads that you’ve never read that may include the exact same information you are about to post.

If there are any of you who have not been using the search feature because you don’t know how to, here is a quick tutorial of the functions and capabilities of our new system.

For example, if you want to search on the exact phrase Obama's birth certificate, you would type this in the search field;

"Obama's birth certificate"

Making sure you use the quotation marks.

But if you want to include any content on ATS that also discuss Kenya or Indonesia;

"Obama's birth certificate" Kenya Indonesia

The search engine will find the exact phrase and also content with other keywords.

To find content with one of any search terms, such as O'Hare UFO and terminal and control tower;

"O'Hare UFO" OR terminal OR "control tower"

ATS content with any one of those words will be found.

You can also tell the search engine to ignore specific words or phrases. For example, if you want material on Obama's birth certificate, but that doesn't contain the term birther;

"Obama's birth certificate" -birther

The minus sign in front tells search to ignore content with that word or phrase.

Thank You
~Keeper & ATS Staff
edit on 5/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Update 2/28/2013

The search again has again been updated to a new version. I've changed the link above.

~Tenth
edit on 2/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I never thought I would be reading how to use a search engine, but after seeing all the double, triple, quadruple posts, I understand why. Some people just don't know how to use them. Thank you for this.
edit on 4-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: May the 4th be with you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
IT WORKS!

I typed in "search engine" and this thread was number 8 in the list.

Thanks for all the hard work peeps.

A function to show by "latest" to avoid the duplicate threads would be cool. Not complaining as this is FAR better than we've ever had. All we need to do now is get new thread posters to use it more often.
edit on 4/5/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Your welcome.

And yes, this is verison 1.0, future versions will include forum specific searches and a myriad of different features which will make searching ATS VERY user friendly.

~Keeper

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You should really U2U this to all users so they can see it. I have seen the search up there for quite some time even used it before I signed up so it should not be too new. I am excited there will be upgrades though.

Thank You

edit on 4-5-2011 by UdderlyInsane because: said email not U2U so wanted to fix it

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out...I hadn't noticed the new search engine. This is a great improvement on the old one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And yes, this is verison 1.0, future versions will include forum specific searches and a myriad of different features which will make searching ATS VERY user friendly.

Hey TTTP, nice post.

Out of curiosity though, do you guys know when some of the future versions will be completed and be ready for use?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The inner workings of Skeptic's bat cave are unknown even to us mods

I assume in the next few months there might be some updates, I know that with the new polling system and other projects SO has been very busy.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ok, cool, thanks for the reply.

I know It's just a search engine and everything as well, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what we can do with it still tbh.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Me and you both

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Needed... thank you..

k

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The new search engine is TERRIBLE as I've state here and have been stating since its been revamped from the previous one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new search engine will NOT avoid dupe threads because you are not able to search by specific criteria or categories unlike the previous search engine which allowed us to manipulate the date, title search, entire article search etc.

Go back to the previous search engine.

This newer (6 month old) google based search function has been a step backwards.
edit on 31-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank you for this, to say what has been said before.

There is so much good info on this site, its a relief to know it will be easier to access than before. The previous search engine struck me as rather....murky, I guess the word would be.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This direction works well, even for those many topics that are not "Obama Birth Certificate."

For instance, "OWS" gives up many results for Occupy Wall Street. And visa versa.

**Sweet**

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I have been on the search engine for a couple of hours last night and again this morning. I am desperately searching for a thread that was posted by a Super Modurator (or someone up there in the upper ranks) who posted a thread about a friend of his who told him about a politician who advised against borrowing money as everyone in debt will loose everything. His friend overheard this at a function/party.

I have searched the mods and supa mods' threads. Also the Global Meltdown forum, News forums, Skunk, Conspiracy, and many other forums, arranging threads from latest posted, to try and find this thread. It was posted late in Apil, now recently. I cannot find it for the life of me and feel like I am getting obsessive about it!

Never again will I simply trust that I will find 'that' thread again, without subscribing.

Can anyone PLEEEZ point it out to me if you replied to it, or subscribed to it?

It has become so illusive to me it feels like my mind is making it up!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
loose everything.

I just searched using the words -lose everything- without any quote marks
and I think the thread your looking for is the third one down.

A Vague Warning From The Top

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I rarely even post in the Gray Area because I personally like to be able to give specifics... but sometimes specifics are not possible. This is one of those times. Readers may believe me or no; no names will be mentioned here.

I have a friend who has recently become quite enamored with the local political scene. The other day I was talking to him during a smoke break and he was telling me about a recent luncheon he held where he ran into a US Senator from the general area. It seems my friend made mention that the last race had cost him so much he was going to need to take out a loan, and the Senator looked him dead in the eye and said, "Anyone who borrows money for at least five years will lose everything they have."

edit on 3-5-2012 by sunnybrae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sunnybrae

hey! Thanks so much! That's the one.

Well done, your search skills are much stronger than mine.

Thanks again.
edit on 3-5-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Your very welcome.

Is that the one you were looking for?

I cant take credit, it was the search engine!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sunnybrae

That is the one! I can't believe you found it.

Oh, but it is your doing, kind sir. The search engine sits there behind its good little button, quietly looking its best while doing absolutly nothing, until you, humble sir, come along and use it effectively.

I honestly thought I dreamed the thread up, cause I could not find the thread, nor the moderator who posted it.

When I have scanned through that thread, I may or may not post my reply. Depending whether my response has already seen the light of day from another's pen.... keyboard.....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
tried using it today, said (loading search engine)...nothing loaded

is it working or is it just me?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join