It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there ANYONE in the MSM that we can trust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It seems to me, that everytime anyone is referred to-- whether it be Alex Jones or (ugh) Glenn Beck or whomever-- they are torn down and said to be in bed with the conspirators.

So my question to everyone is, is there ANYONE on TV, Radio, Internet, MSM in general, that you feel we CAN trust?

I'll offer my personal answer (opinion)... I feel like I can trust the things that Keith Olbermann says (especially counting the fact that he was, essentially, booted from MSNBC for butting heads with the higher ups), I feel like I can trust the words of the Rolling Stone reporter Michael Hastings (he wrote about David Patreus and some of the psy-ops the army used on Congressmen when they visited Iraq, among other somewhat-damaging reports on the U.S.'s efforts in Iraq/Afghanistan).

Thoughts?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, you shouldn't trust Keith Olbermann. I'd say that Andrew Napolitano is more trustworthy... even if he is on Fox.

Check out when he grilled ol' Rummy:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists will only trust anyone who agrees with their individual conspiracy beliefs, so it's kind of an irrelevant question in my opinion. Once that person says something that conflicts with their conspiracy, then they're automatically thrown in the "disinfo agent" category.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kingcaii

Alex Jones is trustworthy. I have never heard him lie or deliberately mislead his listeners.

He is not taking money under the table like the rest of MSM. Look at those lap dogs asking questions at a White House briefing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think it is a shame that so many people "want" to trust something. In effect, they want to "bow down" to something.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Conspiracy theorists will only trust anyone who agrees with their individual conspiracy beliefs, so it's kind of an irrelevant question in my opinion. Once that person says something that conflicts with their conspiracy, then they're automatically thrown in the "disinfo agent" category.

That's part of my point. And this is also why people, such as those of us who frequent ATS, are referred to as 'conspiracy nuts'-- because many of us refuse to believe the truth, or look at everything as if there's a hidden agenda.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My theory is; if they're on television, they were put there by untrustworthy people, and as so cannot themselves be trusted.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
From what i've heard,the powers that be will give us a few heroes here and there but that is to keep us feeling like we have someone on our side but since they are all the same..........no.....we have no one.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Best laugh I've had all week - thanks!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There is a policy in media (TV, Radio) of hiring people with personal agendas that fit "The Agenda". The CFR knows more about that than anyone. So you can trust them about as much as you can trust any stranger. Same with anyone. Once you dig into a person's belief system and test their character, you can trust that person - media figureheads? They just relate to the stories the agenda wants to push, giving the stories credence and directing public opinion.

top topics

join