It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looters, flimflam men plague tornado-torn South

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

And I was not quoting what I quoted towards society but towards the notion that storms and natural disasters are getting worse...sorry, they are not. Its weather. It the planet. We only know what we have experienced.

I am sorry about your loss, but really...you lived in a fishbowl. As mother nature has shown, no manner of human ingenuity or technology will surpass the power of nature.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Everyone has those tendencies being a human. The difference in Japan was making the decision to loot, steal or rape was a much larger risk upon being caught than in most countries. Shame and dishonor are still a big tradition there.

Cultural moral differences between countries does not mean it's as black and white as saying either there were no looting, rapes etc or there were "countless", as your hyperbole stated.

For example, in America it is almost culturally acceptable to be incredibly greedy and selfish to the point of being destructive and you can see this in the way your corporations treat you as consumers and the way the rich screw you at every turn. No one blinked an eye when that cop was looting Wal-Mart, except for the reporter who thought he could get a great story for himself. And I'm willing to bet that woman still has her job.

Another example is if I leave my laptop in a coffee shop and go to the bathroom, come back and it's stolen most of you would jump up and blame me for being stupid to leave it there unattended. No one mentions the other patrons who probably noticed the guy stealing it and did nothing or the guy himself stealing it. Might be a bit presumptuous for me to say that most of those patrons were probably envious that he did it before they could.

The point is, you would never see the type of community spirit and willingness to help your fellow man in Japan than you would in America because your values and morals have been eroded to nothing and that's the biggest problem facing American apathy today.
edit on 4-5-2011 by metro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
Japan?? are you kidding? in japan there was looting, countless rapes in shelters.. i'll go grab a link
LINK. first 2 minutes are store owners returning to their site while people are actually coming/going back for more.
Fast forward to 2 minutes for the hard core evidence japan does NOT want anyone to know about!
(No Looting & Rapes in Japan after Tsunami Quake is a MYTH 1/3)

The real question here is, "Are YOU kidding??"

There is only a very small portion(#1, below) of that 15 minute video, that has anything at all to do with the subject in this thread. That entire video is nothing more than an attempt to slam Beck, which I personally could not care less about. Next time you "go grab a link," I would advise that you watch it first.

Evidence #1
Beer bottles and barrels became scattered everywhere outside of a warehouse. Thirsty "looters' who had just witnessed their entire livelihood be demolished in a matter of minutes; many of their friends and relatives vanished; and have no clean water to drink; decide to drink the beer that is laying all around in sealed bottles.

[Sar]WTF were they thinking??[/Casm]

Evidence #2
The rapes mentioned in that video refer to supposed events that may have occurred after an earthquake in 1995.

Evidence #3
If true, is a very horrific crime, but has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any earthquake, or looting, or Japan. This is not even a video that you should embed without giving a fair warning of the gruesome subject matter that it contains.

<< 1   >>

join